Character Transfers

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by kygo007, Feb 5, 2021.

1. kygo007 New Member

Will characters ever be allowed to be transferred to another account again?

Like most, I own many accounts. A few years back my play time changed due to work restrictions, and I found myself not having as much time to play. Instead of quitting all together and letting my accounts go "silver" I decided to consolidate a few accounts so I could still play my advanced characters, and keep fewer accounts "gold" so I could still play casually. I always knew that I could transfer them back when my circumstances changed once again.

That time has come, and I have been back to playing regularly for a year now. I would like to transfer two characters back to their original accounts and upgrade to "gold", but I am being told that "service is no longer available", so I am completely stuck with the current circumstance.

I would like to know why this is no longer an option, and if it will ever be made available again? If it will, when? The answer to this question will determine my longevity in the game, because I am at the point where I have reached the limit of my preferred play style with the status quo of my characters being stuck on the same accounts. If this will never be made available again I have to seriously question my willingness to continue investing in this game.
    Froglok, Kaenneth and Mesil like this.
  2. Zamiam Augur

another thread on account to account transfers .. :( the answer is no ..
    Fenthen and Coagagin like this.
  3. kygo007 New Member

I guess... "another" one.... Tells ya something if the question is constantly repeated.

When you say "no" is that an official response, or just your opinion as another customer? I mean no disrespect by asking that, I am just looking for a formal-official position on this subject.

As a customer, I would also like to know why services are regressing? Being told "no" without any explanation as to the reason simply offers more frustration.
    Froglok likes this.
  4. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Frankly, I've never been able to figure out why they don't offer this again. Doesn't hurt anything, and it's a money maker. Completely baffling.
    Froglok likes this.
  5. Waluigi New Member

Legitimately love, when random players answer business questions. Such an authority.
  6. kygo007 New Member

I totally agree. From my perspective, they are literally in the business of selling subscriptions, and here I am saying that I want to double my subscription base indefinitely, buy the current expansion on three additional accounts, and upgrade all of them to gold. I will likely buy Hero's Forge as well, and other random things like that from the daybreak store simply out of personal preference, and I am told, "sorry, nope!".

It really is mind boggling.

I am clearly ignorant as to the reason why this is no longer being offered, and I do not know what it takes to make it happen, but I would imagine that switching a character is as simple as changing the name of the host account, which is literally typing a word and I can only imagine takes seconds, so long as all other factors are the same (suscriptions, gold/silver, etc...). But who knows.
    Fenthen and Froglok like this.
  7. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

The official response from Jchen right after she took over and in the interview was No.

On Aug 8 they did a live interview with JChen and she stated it then. The link to the interview used to be in this post but they changed the interviewers name so with a little digging I am sure you could find it if you feel the need to hear it from the head ladys mouth.

Its a 2.5 hour interview and was around the halfway mark, right after she looks really puzzled and says "transfers?"
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/averylovingrobot-ex-developer-stream.267558/
  8. Qelil Augur

Well, the question was asked here. Who were you expecting to reply?

Here is your answer from the company:

October 09, 2020 14:58

Account to Account Transfers are currently unavailable. Unfortunately we still don't have an ETA to give at this time. We're likely still a couple of months away, but that is a very rough estimate which is subject to change. We are working on the tech needed to re-enable them, but are a ways out from this solution.

I would provide you the link to this information but the forums don't let me. Sorry. Go to the help.daybreakgames.com webpage to find it for yourself since even I don't always trust me.
    Froglok likes this.
  9. Tatanka Joe Schmo

10. Mesc No $$$ Until the Experience is put back on Mobs!!!

What 1 of the Devs need to do is grow a pair and go to upper management and tell them if they hired another Dev to do account to account transfers they would make lots of $$$
    Fenthen likes this.
  11. Cicelee Augur

Define lots of money. Because IIRC DPG just sold their portfolio for 300 million, and I think EQ made a profit of 10 million or sometbing?

So if you do account to account transfers at $50 and you sell 200 of them, that is $10,000. For a one time thing. I don't think 10k is that important to a company at 11 million. Could be wrong. But let's not use words like "lots of money" because five people every month ask about it in a thread.
    Skuz likes this.
  12. Waluigi New Member

Technically, they don’t make any profit and receive a significant sum of tax benefits for taking a loss.
  13. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Just like all of us asked over and over for an opportunity to purchase past collector's edition so they came out with VOA collectors edition and put it in the market place but the price is $80.

Another one is when players whined for more illusions in the marketplace and once again they put them in and no one bought them.

When you run a business you cannot please all the people all the time. Be grateful its still the same price it was 20 years ago. Nothing else is ...not even french frys.
  14. Waluigi New Member

It’s not the same price, it was 20 years ago. Do you not know how to do math?
  15. Mesc No $$$ Until the Experience is put back on Mobs!!!

Maybe Lots of money was said a little to quickly. But once it is done it would be done forever. They would be making money from when it was implemented until the game sunsets. It should not be that hard seeing as they have the old account transfer code to work from
  16. Svann2 The Magnificent

Well they could but there is a non-zero chance your character could end up in someone elses dragonhoard.
    Qelil likes this.
  17. Mesc No $$$ Until the Experience is put back on Mobs!!!

Whoops wrong reply :)
    That was to Cicelee
  18. Qelil Augur

Yeah, that will help a lot.

It is not a developer's job to tell the management what you want. I suggest you grow some motivation and you do it yourself! Write to the management and tell them what you want. Then, if you wouldn't mind please get back to us with how it all turns out for you. Now before you get mad at me I do hope that you will keep in mind that I made no comment about your balls or you needing to grow any which is more than you did for "one of the devs" who is already half out of their mind in eternal crunch mode in all likelihood trying their best to keep your damned game running. Believe me, you have absolutely no idea what software developers go though.

You should be thanking a resource starved crew for slaving to keep this game alive. I hope you don't imagine they are the ones making all the money? I promise you they aren't.
  19. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

It wasn't done forever the 1st time they had it, why would you think this time is different?
  20. Waluigi New Member

Resource starved? They’ve added worthless features such as worthless tertiary stat (Luck), a failed mobile EQ (Overseer), and Dragon’s Fannypack. Note all features come with marketplace enhancements. They have the resources. They just don’t do it.
    Herf, Fenthen and Kaenneth like this.