you call yours self a veteran but...

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by WarpedJester, Feb 5, 2021.

1. WarpedJester New Member

While i do understand that with a game Thats over 20 years old, there are plenty of people that can call them selves veteran but still have missed out on some iconic history that some of would consider part of what makes us "veteran".

This is not to imply that some are "more veteran" then others. This is just a post to share some fun facts or history that some EQI lovers may have missed out on.

I encourage others post some fun history they remember or want to share here as well.

I look forward to hearing/seeing your memories.

-Warped
  2. WarpedJester New Member

SKATER GNOME!

Just to kick of this thread. i wanted to share a fun and (in its time) iconic entity in the EQ community. While i do not know how well these stories will translate to today or to a newer group, i hope that some people here will discover this as something new to make them smile or will be a trip down memory lane for others.

https://everquest.fandom.com/wiki/Skater_Gnome_Stories

-Warped
  3. Accipiter Old Timer

All pigs are equal.
    Nennius likes this.
  4. Jondalar Augur

5. Zanarnar Augur

obligatory has anybody here seen my corpse?
  6. Nennius Curmudgeon

My favorite line. "Ignorance and innocence go hand in hand".
    GNOME_POWER likes this.
  7. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

Being able to loot a friends corpse for them from the Mino Caves.
  8. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Qsnoopyjr, The Real Deal
    Zarkane, Deux, Derresh and 5 others like this.
  9. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Only banned twice lol i like it!

Andarriel
  10. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I remember PvP before cross-teaming, where it was a glorious race-war. :cool:
  11. Derka Power Ranger

Witnessing a beam PL in plane of shadows during RoF. Also experiencing an entire economy overhaul when server transferring gets opened to your server.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  12. Sissruukk Rogue One

Trying to run away bagging all your gear when some druid snares you in PvP.
  13. Wyndar Journeyman

Transfering SZ toons to Legends to level up and get twinked by blue mains
  14. Nargoul Journeyman

More rollbacks than a Walmart.
  15. Flatchy Court Jester

Being able to give good weapons to low level mobs in Neriak forest and watch the Newbs scratch their heads!
  16. WarpedJester New Member

OMG, so many call backs to the old days. Here is one for the old peeps: Train to zone in Sol B and having a old model ogre or troll AFK at the zone line blocking your out.
    Niskin likes this.
  17. WarpedJester New Member

i might be able to one up you here. back when coin had weight, we would dump a ton of copper on pawns in the FP newbie area and watch newbies get glued to the spot when they loop them.
  18. Evye Augur

Is that what they do over on zek now? I remember it was VERY frowned upon back in my vallon zek days
  19. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I think guilds started cross-teaming after pop/ldon(around gates maybe?), at least on tallon zek.

And yes, it was frowned upon on tallon zek too.
  20. Evye Augur

I switched over to carebear servers back in 2001
    What are the teams now? Back in 2001 it was Ogre Troll Iksar and DE vs EVERYONE.