And Bristlebane goes--------BOOM!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Nennius, Feb 4, 2021.

1. Nennius Curmudgeon

Down again. Not even a weekend.
  2. Bamorfy New Member

now its locked
  3. Nennius Curmudgeon

Looking for a rogue to unlock it.
  4. Bamorfy New Member

GL with that
  5. Nennius Curmudgeon

I had a thought. Perhaps Bristlebane foolishly bought Gamestop stock and can't live with the folly of that decision.
    Fuelforfire likes this.
  6. Coagagin Guild house cat

You too? Ugh! Right after a raid as well.

- Coag

/s (tag)
  7. Tatanka Joe Schmo

FTFY ;)
  8. Spankage Elder

Gamestop wasn't foolish at all to purchase if you were in sub-300 and sold at the 500 mark, easy easy money.

Is it over? No one actually knows but enough sold once RH restricted buying that it certainly seems like it. Nothing new, everyone wants to make a quick buck and gambling is certainly one route. Unfortunately many were caught in the frenzy and failed to realize this fact... that it was 100% gambling. However, they need not be shamed as they've learned a valuable and costly lesson.

It was definitely interesting to see the media scramble and come to the defense of Wall Street though, not surprising but interesting the tactics they chose - even as far as straight up shilling silver and pretending it was a reddit thing.

Anyway, I'd wager that far more got out with profit than the stories of loss you'll see plastered over the news. It was a rare event, I'm glad it happened, not solely for monetary reasons but it exposed quite a bit of shady business (Robinhood alone was a catastrophe). If you haven't followed any of it and choose to only play the negativity card, I ask why? Anyway, way off topic.
  9. Nennius Curmudgeon

It was just a silly joke.
  10. Spankage Elder

That's fair and I apologize for flying out the gates. There's been an increasing animosity toward "the small guy" in wake of the stock leveling out