Merge servers, what is next for EQ (Stimulus Population relief Bill)

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Veteran_BetaTester, Jan 28, 2021.

1. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

Gen chat dead
    Nothing really going on
    I run around buffing newbs and spend time trying to make my paid sub worthwhile.

What is next for EQ?

Marketplace is bland, nothing new.

What are you going to do with EQ?
    Is this it?
    eqgamer likes this.
  2. Derd Augur

Never join gen chat
    New raids in a week, running around gathering coin for stat augs
    Guess raids count as whats next
    Rarely buy marketplace stuff
    I imagine they doing a new tlp from Dreamweaver post and a new expansion beta in 9 or so months
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  3. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Which server do you play on?

My server regularly spawns a 2nd General Chat (after General Chat 1 reaches 400).

I also had a situation where someone created nearly the same character name as my main (1 letter difference). The person has the right to create the name but it can confuse other people. I can imagine the issues with name conflicts after a merge.
    Elyssanda likes this.
  4. Zamiam Augur

ya my server always has 400+ even late at night its in the high 300's ... sure sometimes its quiet , but thats a good thing at times :p
    Berotox btw..
    Corwyhn Lionheart and Benito like this.
  5. Nennius Curmudgeon

Bristlebane. Active general chat. 400+ and sometime get kicked to a General2 channel. Lots going on. I don't raid, so I can't speak to that. Perhaps a server transfer?
  6. Elyssanda Bardbrain

Cazic spawns 2 gen chats by about 4pm central daily if not earlier.
  7. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Sounds to me like maybe your done with the game not that the game is done.

Tunare:

General chat in the morning is usually 3 or 4 players offering TA's to Fire or Grinkor. Otherwise is quiet but depends on the day.

Not much other inane talk. Now and then a question.

Others randomly saying level ** lfg and even today we had a real live cleric lfg but he admitted the merc healers might be a little better than he. That conversation went on for a bit :D

Later in the day the chat picks up with varied topics. We do have General 2 pop up now and then.

Free raids on some nights.

Newplayerchat can be fun helping the free players and lower level players. I used to solo the Anguish to help folks get the orb and was doing POP bosses to help with flags. Always announced in general.

About 10 new weapon augs in marketplace if your into that. I'm not but I did notice them

If your bored you may want to leave for a while, just write down your pw and user name for when you return.
    Benito likes this.
  8. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Some servers are quieter than others, some guilds are busier than others.

Lots of options to consider just with those two things.
  9. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I've noticed a fairly good bump in population over the last month. I am not sure if it can be fully attributed to the expansion or raid launch. It is probably people returning to the game after Christmas/New Year vacation.

I wonder if the OP mains on Vox Server or some of the older TLPs. Live seems "better than average."
  10. Stageguy Lorekeeper

FV - I have seen 3 generals several times in the past few weeks, but most of the time it is 2.
  11. Duder Augur

<Insert criticism against this post here>

=P
    Celephane, Elyssanda and Skuz like this.
  12. Maedhros High King

Well the problem is pretty easy to see here, Beta has been closed for a month and a half now, Veteran BetaTester. You would probably get better results on a live server! ;)
  13. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Does anyone else find it amusing that we get a merge server (not enough players) and a lower the number needed for picks (too many players) at the same time?
    Cadman, code-zero, Maedhros and 2 others like this.
  14. dreadlord Augur

Of course people want to play in the new zones, the expansion is quite new, they are going to be the most (over) populated
    BUT
    a huge part of the problem is that the Devs decided players had to be effectively forced into the new expansion for some reason I never fathomed
    For many many years I always avoided new expansions in the first few months and enjoyed having my favourite bits of the previous expansion (or the one before that) largely to myself for awhile
    That ended when they introduced the exp penalty (or whatever it's properly called) for previous expansions. So now everyone pretty much *has* to cram into whatever's new

(having said that, this seems to be less true this time around, with many saying exp in ToV is as good as CoV)

I guess the OP here is playing on a very quiet server or outside peak times
    Or I don't really get what they want to be 'going on'?
  15. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Or you could have said "exp in CoV is equally as crap as ToV was" :D
  16. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

: (
    Duder likes this.
  17. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

I have been 'done' several times ;D
    Not happening.

I would/will always take a cleric lfg.. and get them to tank :) (or teach them how)
    "Newplayerchat'' never heard of that, sounds fun.

I have discovered one of my toons needs full AA's.. I'm half done. I will max that out and discover the class even more *yes, premature of me.

The game is just a tad quiet. (Don't even see any Guides bugging lately)
    Duder likes this.
  18. Deux Corpse Connoisseur

Send me your stuff and start over as a level 1 should keep you busy for a week or so
    Coagagin likes this.
  19. Bobokin Augur

You know what you have to do ... box and raid ... box and raid ... box and raid.

EQ is now just for the people that box and raid.
  20. Coagagin Guild house cat

Unfortunately so in many cases.