Sad state of affairs!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Danaleigh, Feb 4, 2021.

1. Danaleigh Elder

Have been raiding tier 1 on lockouts, and don't even have 1/2 the coin needed to buy a stinking bracer. What is this game coming to? Sighhhh !
  2. Svann2 The Magnificent

Bid harder.
  3. Danaleigh Elder

What does bidding have to do with the amount of coins were getting per raid and the cost of gear on the vendor?
  4. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

The topic of CoV currency earning rate vs item costs was brought up previously:

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...aid-item-vendor-cost-is-this-for-real.272719/

With all the ToV complaints about drowning in loot the devs clearly decided to pare it back some, though I think changing the currency rate was the wrong approach myself, the main complaint was about chest loot, T1 Chest Loot more than the rest, nobody I saw complained about too much currency, but hey Devs tend to opt for easiest way to reduce an overall problem rather than look at it in too much depth, and changing the simplistic regular chest loot/double chest loot to something different would have involved more effort/work/time.

So the complaints were addressed, but not in the expected way, AKA the community needs to be more careful what it asks for.
    adetia and Coagagin like this.
  5. Angahran Augur

The amount of coin from a raid vs the price of items from the raid merchant is completely insane.
    You're literally raiding every event, every time the lockout is up for 6 months to be able to get 1 item!
  6. Svann2 The Magnificent

Last expac many people figured they shouldnt bid much for raid loot, and even gave it to alts since they can get all their gear from currency. Thats imbalance. And even with this change I still see alts getting rot gear in the first month. There is something crazy about that. Just my opinion.

If you arent even bidding on dropped raidloot, dont complain if it takes too long to get currency raid loot. That was never intended to be the main path to gear up.
    Duder likes this.
  7. Deux Corpse Connoisseur

Can I have your stuff?
  8. Cicelee Augur

Developers probably do not want every raider on the top 30 guilds to be decked out in full TS raid gear.

I know personally I am using ores for chest, arm's, weapon and pet earring (not necessarily in that order). Everything else gets standard raid loot, and then if I obtain any more ores then it replaces whatever COV raid item I have.

Feels like we all have to prioritize our gear choices this expansion. Which is fine to me.
    Elyssanda likes this.
  9. kizant Augur

Luckily gear doesn't mean much outside of melee weapons.
  10. Waluigi New Member

Eww, DKP guild. Gross.
  11. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

As opposed to what....LOL
  12. Act of Valor The Newest Member

Merit and attendance.
    Waluigi likes this.
  13. Bobokin Augur

14. OlavSkullcrusher Augur

Raid gear, huh? I'm sitting here right now looking at the Degmar group merchant. Items are 3570 pieces of eight each. I think you get a little over 100 pieces of eight for each misson/HA?
  15. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

I don't know why they even bother to make 2 tiers of loot of raid loot. It's a waste of Dev time tbh.

The Devs still fail with the concept of if you're going to make "prestigious" items in this game, augs should always be the answer. This Trade skill gear madness has become old.
    Marton, Yinla and Skuz like this.
  16. Svann2 The Magnificent

Hmm. Augs as raid loot? I like your way of thinking.
  17. Micker Augur

The highest tier items should be equal or close to the tradeskill items. I think the devs should have another look at the coin rate, you shouldn't have to save up for 6 months, to get ONE item lol, come one that's ridiculous. One a month at least.
    Skuz likes this.
  18. Tappin Augur

This isn’t any different than RL. People are less likely to spend DKP on lateral update and more likely to save up for something that’s a significant upgrade. Making things cost more just reinforces that behavior.
  19. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Prestige is tied to trade skilled gear in recent expansions. I'm no longer a fan of this. Raid aug lyfe!!!!!!
    OldCa61 likes this.
  20. Elyssanda Bardbrain

Do the mission in Combine Dredge, iirc it was 265 coins/mission. I did that one a lot to get my weapon aug.

Also you can do those missions multiple times a day, not just once every 5 days,