Request - Make Warriors Eligible for Berserker Alliance

Discussion in 'Melee' started by minimind, Feb 3, 2021.

1. minimind The Village Idiot

The request is simple: Add warriors to the eligible recipients of Demolisher's Alliance, Mangler's Covenant, and Vindicator's Coalition. I'm not asking that they be able to get those abilities, but that they receive the buff when berserkers trigger the ability so that they can contribute to the potential fulmination.

Rationale for this Change
    1. Warriors do not have an alliance ability.
    2. Warriors and berserkers are closely related-- Berserkers are warriors who have forsaken their defensive training in favor of rage-filled offense. The two classes share a number of disciplines.
    3. Except for raid organizations that intentionally stack recruit/stack berserkers, there aren't many opportunities for berserkers to put this line of abilities to use because berserkers are so rare.
    Thoxsel, Denyu, Behelit and 2 others like this.
  2. Cadira Augur

Make it happen.

Or give warriors an alliance.

Sucks having a standard 3 berserkers on raids and only fulminating alliance like 50% of the time due to random nature of procs.
    Monks suffer the same issue iirc?
    minimind, feeltheburn and Behelit like this.
  3. Ezbro Elder

Or, scratch the berserker class, give the warriors a berserker stance with a few of the berserker's old abilities. Hey, saves resources! :D
  4. Behelit Augur

I would add if the Berserker one is changed, the Monks should likely have another class added on to theirs as well as I'm pretty sure they suffer from the same proc issue with fulminations.
  5. Maui New Member

adding bst's to monk proc would be consistent.
    minimind likes this.
  6. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Alliances should have NEVER been based on class.

They should have been based on Archetype (a la Priest alliance): Melee, Tank, Hybrid, Caster. Basing alliance on class is shortsighted and limiting.

It's unlikely to change, so I would suggest simply decreasing the fulmination requirements and/or adding the caster themselves to the viable alliance list.

The way it's currently set up looks like this:

Hey, Berserkers! I am going to do a cool thing and cast this buff on you. If you could all be good little chaps and proc for me while I stand over here and watch, that'd be swell. Oh, and I get the credit for your work...thanks! What's that? Only three of us Berserkers? Nevermind I guess....

It should work like this:

Hey, Berserkers! I am going to do a cool thing and cast this buff on all of us Berserkers. If we all proc I get a big damage bonus. I'll do the same for you. What's that? Only three of us? No sweat! We'll get this done!
    Viper1 likes this.
  7. Zolav Augur

I would just like to see alliances removed from the game. I have been back since EoK and I cannot recall a time when I could consistently use the zerker one.