Master mercenaries should be available for 1 Krono a month

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by •Obss•, Jan 23, 2021.

1. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

I beg to differ. So all those afk groups i see up 24/7 arent playing themselves? please prove me wrong.

Andarriel
  2. Angahran Augur

Those 24/7 bot groups are using illegal software in order to automate gameplay which is a blatant violation of the EULA and should result in permanent bans of all involved accounts.
    Jumbur, dreadlord and Nennius like this.
  3. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

By your measure, then, all boxers are botters. Got it.

You're despicable if that's what you honestly believe.
    nitrocutter likes this.
  4. code-zero Augur

Actually no, they don't want a straight up play to win game. They quite literally want a win without actually paying for it game. If a month of Master Merc cost a Krono they'd be all over the 3rd party sites shopping the cheapest imaginable Krono no matter how sketchy. And of course the Krono Lords with mule accounts with maxed Krono on them aren't intending to pay a single dime
  5. Flatchy Court Jester

If you pay me one krono I will be your master mercenary. I can run away with the best of em!
    Angahran likes this.
  6. dreadlord Augur

That's not what he said. If someone is playing 24/7, week in week out, they are a bot using illegal software. Unless they have discovered the miracle of never needing sleep/bio breaks etc.

Most boxed grps are perfectly legit and hardly anyone has a problem with that

On the OP
    I would be happy to have more expensive mercs (for ingame currency) that were to some extent controllable - eg 'always keep HoT up' 'don't cast delayed heal' etc
  7. bigpapa Augur

unfair advantage is from using some 3rd party software ,

try to play 6 without a 3rd party software , many would not even be able to box 6 efficiency
  8. Zamiam Augur

it should, but it doesnt ..
  9. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Selective reading. Straw man.

He quite literally said, "I beg to differ" to my rebuttal. He didn't call out a term or passage, there was no specificity. To wit, he differs with my comment that boxing requires learned play.

That might have been an oversight, or a simple omission. But let's keep the conversation to things people have actually said rather than what you think they said.
    Nennius likes this.
  10. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

Then make Clerics tank.
    (my first reply on this topic)

EDIT:
    :p
  11. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

Yeah, to the can!
    Flatchy likes this.
  12. Micker Augur

Basically, you can't/don't want to box and would like to pay a krono, to have the computer control your box toon(which is what a merc is pretty much). If it weren't for boxing, this game would have been gone long ago. I miss the days of getting groups easy and getting to know people who had ONE character, but that was a different game.
  13. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

There are still LOTS of people who play one character. All the ones I know are max level, in established guilds with friends they group with routinely. Not sure how boxing even factors into being able to get groups. I box, and I group, and I raid. Lots more like me.

Boxing is not a binary state. Never has been. Sure, you have boxers who might not want to group with anyone else. No different than soloing. You also have boxers who will drop a box to group. You also have soloers who want to group with no one. You have groupers who don't want to raid. Raiders who don't want to group. And griefers who find fault with everyone who isn't bending around THEIR wants.

It's a game. With other people....that's nearing 22 years old. It's shocking to me that people are surprised when their lackluster attitudes are no longer a viable strategy to land them a group, or assistance when they want it.

PRO TIP: Want to group with other people? Be a person other people WANT to group with.
  14. Laronk Augur

I think most boxers actually group with other people and really only box so they can get done.

It's just the people who 6 box and obviously are playing afk in the same spot in a hub zone out in the middle are so visable and stick out like a thumb.

To the OP: As far as not getting a group, no one in everquest uses the lfg tool you have to slowly make friends and you have to be the guy in general chat that helps people you need to be the one forming the group with anyone you can find lfg even if that means you gotta slum it some times. If you're the person always building groups to do stuff eventually people start sending you tells when you log in.
    Zamiam and I_Love_My_Bandwidth like this.
  15. Micker Augur

You can still get groups, but you can't just go into Sebilis or Lower Guk and ooc LFG, like the old days. I think a lot of people don't have the time to get a group together. Most times I want to log in and start getting exp..

I group and enjoy it, but most times, it seems to take an hour, just to get people together and to start killing things. If you only have a couple hours, that's half the time shot, then you have to disappoint everyone and leave in an hour. I have very limited play time and I want to get exp as efficiently as I can, when I do get to login and play. People who have time to raid(how do you do it?) etc, shouldn't have an issue with grouping.

Being able to only play one character, brings a whole new level of power, that I can't get boxing. I can't play my toons anywhere near full potential boxing. It does almost seem boring though, playing one guy, when you are used to the craziness of thinking about and controlling several toons at once.
  16. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

[
    This is the hard part for me. I don't seek to "create" groups, I go hunt and if I see someone LFG I roll them into my group.

I am so used to grouping with guildmates who know their way around the game, or have portal items or access to our PGH with all the clicky portals that my tolerance for waiting has reduced significantly in the last decade or so. I have adjusted my play to maximize my time.