Luclin lockouts

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Zhake, Jan 28, 2021.

1. Zhake pleasefixthis2021

Is there any possibility of just making the lockouts in luclin per mob and making VT replay timer 6-12hours? When i say per mob it would be really awesome to be able to split rhag 1 and rhag 2 and come in with the entire guild to get AL down, especially when trying to get enough RGC for our raid. Locking out curse event in SSRA when the first taskmaster is dead is kinda of stupid. From what I have seen on the VT replay timer is you get a 2.5 day lockout timer once the first name has been killed it would be awesome to have that changed for 6-12 hours to give guilds a chance to go in the next day and finish there clear.
  2. StopCrying2020 New Member

Would be nice, but i doubt they will do anything. Going into VT 3 days later is dumb, especially when you get a 6.5 day replay timer soon as AHR is killed.
  3. Gremin Augur

Yup, which means guilds who only raid 3 hours each raid are going to get hit with a dumb cycle of only being able to do around 8 AHR's instead of 12 during the 12 weeks of Luclin.
  4. Kahna04 Journeyman

Guilds that only raid 3 hours a raid aren't going to be in VT week one... or week two... So they were already only looking at 10 AHR's. Not being able to finish the raid in one go will probably half that assuming folks only raiding 3 hours a raid also aren't twisting their schedules in a knot trying to maximize their VT raids. That being said the loot is still good enough to work it into the rotation in PoP, especially when you get to Time and all you really have to do is Time and Elementals for 6 months. Once the elemental gear starts going to everyone's 17th alt just work VT back in the rotation every now and then instead. Might even keep people interested
  5. Gremin Augur

Correct, was just showing as an example what the lockout system does to people. DHS Reincarnate intends to be in VT by week 4, so with a rotating schedule of Mondays and Thursdays we should see 6 AHR maybe 5. It just goes to show you how much our Darkpaw team who made these lockouts with AOCs failed to understand or have played the content.
  6. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

If you're not split raiding it shouldn't take more then 3 hours to do a full clear minus Temariel or TXD depending on which you choose to skip.
  7. HoodenShuklak Augur

We all knew leashing Emp was a slippery slope.
  8. Machen New Member

Not sure why you'd say this. The vast majority of getting into VT takes place outside of raids. It doesn't take >3 hours to raid emp.
  9. Rand al`Thor New Member

Between server instability messing with timers, holidays, weird timers in zones like ToV, VT, etc - really just need to make ALL timers reset weekly on a set day (patch wednesday?) and be done with it. All these timer games guild leaders have to play are completely unnecessary and cause so much headache and confusion with players.

First time TLP progression guild leader and scheduling has been an absolute nightmare. Every week, just let me schedule the content when I want to do it...

Rand Al`Thor
    The Ta`Veren
  10. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Weekly reset on a fixed day is a bad idea.
  11. Lejaun Augur

Care to elaborate?
  12. Tweakfour17 Augur

I think weekly timer resets can be debated both ways, personally I think non static timers offer more flexibility. For the sake of argument though, how does a weekly timer reset solve the issues of server crashes losing a dz, or not completing the entire zone in 1 sitting? You'd still be sitting around waiting for the reset. So unless you're timing your VT nught 1 for Tuesday with the intention to go finish after it resets in Wednesday? But then you'd be locked out until the following Wednesday anyways and if you're not clearing it in 1 sitting the night 2 wouldn't be until it reset again the Wednesday after that which means you'd have large gaps where you wouldn't want to schedule the 2 night raids to try and get them back into a rotation you could do both parts in the same week but across 2 reset intervals.
    Skuz likes this.
  13. Kahna04 Journeyman

Only being willing/able to raid 3 hours in VT instead of pushing to finish it is pretty casual. Which is fine, nothing wrong with being casual. But folks who are drawn to guilds like that tend to be pretty casual outside of raiding as well. Folks who are only willing/able to raid VT for 3 hours a night are highly unlikely to be on the bleeding edge of the keying process. At least in numbers large enough to allow for a reasonable attempt at VT. A guild willing/able to put in the hours outside of raids to get enough folks keyed in 1 week generally has committed enough folks to just push through all of VT in one night.
    Skuz and Dythan like this.
  14. Rand al`Thor New Member

Thursday - Server Crash / Holiday
    Friday - Clear boss 1, 2, 3
    Timer's reset.
    Thursday - Clear Boss 1, 2, 3
    Friady - Off

Sunday - Clear boss 1, 2, 3, wipe
    Monday - Clear boss 4, 5, 6, 7.
    Timer's reset
    Sunday - Clear boss 1, 2, 3, 4
    Monday - Clear boss 5, 6, 7

Friday Clear boss 1, 2
    Saturday clear boss A, B
    Timer's reset
    Friday clear boss A, 2
    Saturday clear boss 1, B

These are real life situations that happen every week where a set reset day would allow set schedules to be planned around that reset day - which we already do for patch day just without the flexibility to reset timers week to week.

I want to be able to set a schedule and just play the game, not live in a scheduling spreadsheet constantly shifting raids every week.
  15. Tweakfour17 Augur

Why not just
    Thursday - Boss 1/2/3
    wait 2.5 day replay timer
    Sunday - Boss 4/5/6/7
    rinse/repeat. Way easier to schedule that way wouldnt? Thursdays and Sundays, done.
    Skuz likes this.
  16. Lejaun Augur

I think the short summary of what Rand is trying to say is interruptions to a raid day means a raid gets pushed back or not done. With 3 months an expansion, pushing back a raid means you are able to do it fewer times.

Server reset weekly means you get a flat 12 raid attempts and don't have to reschedule or move around any raids.
  17. Nenton Augur

Because, in the context of this thread, apparently Boss 7 (Aten) gives you a 6.5 day replay timer lockout on the whole zone meaning you can't go back in on Thursday to start your cycle again.

"Slow" guilds were able to do ToV across two nights on a non-variable, weekly schedule during Velious. Not sure why VT lockouts don't mimic those.
    Gremin and Tweakfour17 like this.
  18. Iyacc Augur

Wait til you work through PoP - you'll have a bachelors level education on AoC management.
    Gremin likes this.
  19. Gremin Augur

That is correct, and makes no sense why the same mechanics where not carried over to Luclin from Velious.
    jeskola likes this.
  20. Rand al`Thor New Member

Now add 30 more lockouts over 2-3 more days ;)

Trust me, its easier said than done.

Actively in discussion about forgoing content, which is lame, because of AHRs replay timer forcing a marathon session. We did single session 5ish hour NToV (10-15 lockouts + trash) and it was not sustainable long term for people - I'm hesitant to go down that road again, burnout is real.
    Tweakfour17, jeskola and Gremin like this.