Elite Agent Echo Useless?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Metanis, Feb 1, 2021.

1. Metanis Bad Company

Can these be made useful for something? Once you're max Overseer experience and you've got a full compliment of Agents they become just another piece of clutter. At least make them so you can convert them to Overseer currency and/or Loyalist currency!
    Barton likes this.
  2. dreadlord Augur

Why do conversions if you don't need to?
    (I may be missing something....)
    I'd be interested to know what the future plans are for overseer - will it be developed; or just stay as it is?
  3. Windance Augur

I've posted a couple times on the topic. I would love to see these tradable for AA or Glyphs. Make it so we can burn through them to help raids or and people returning to the game who need 40-50k AA.

If they did raw AA maybe put a 24 hr cool down on spending them so you can't save them all for next expansion and have it done as soon as it goes live.

If they did it for glyph's make reuse timer small enough that you could use these as a tank to keep your glyph of dragon scales ready to go.
  4. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

I still use rare and elites for xp i dont have maxed yet i tend to concentrated on research and the collection quests but the other ones plunder, stealth, military, crafting and harvesting are like level 3 and there good xp although be nice if they come out with super elites or something but im guessing there not gonna do much more with overseer but who knows.

Andarriel
  5. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

One Potential issue I can see with overseer that most players probably won't encounter is that overseer progress is server based rather than account based.

So if you transfer to another server you lose access to your progression on Overseer with the transferred character.

If the Overseer cannot/will not be made account based perhaps a way to transfer the progression of it should be made so that you can choose to remove the overseer progression from your old server & apply it to your new one.

Perhaps there could be 2 server move tokens, the newest one will move the progress of overseer with the character moved while the existing one does not.

My preference would be for Overseer to just be made account based, it cannot be accessed on TLP until you have an 85 character there anyway but for the few players who play on multiple servers that would be a handicap.

Why do I bring that up in this thread?
    One use for the echo would be to store them up for a potential server move, then you have at least a few agents to "seed" your destination server with once you get there since you will be starting from scratch unless you spent a few months building up overseer on your target server with an heroic character or something in advance of your main moving.
  6. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

What's a 'Elite Agent Echo'?
  7. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

If you get a duplicate Legendary Overseer, you can retire it and receive two Elite Agent Echo's. You trade down 1 legendary for 2 elite Overseers to ease the process of trying again for the next Legendary Overseer conversion until you have possession of all (14?) Legendary Overseers.
  8. Riou EQResource

If you are max Agents, using the echos above the uncommon ones means wasting overall agents
  9. Hekaton Augur

oh man. they should set up a vendor next to the overseer merchant and make older raid currency purchasable with the echos
  10. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

276 echos for a Muhbis
  11. dreadlord Augur

Excellent idea!
    Or something/anything buyable/tradable with them
    (assuming that there isn't a plan for a new, higher, tier or 2 of agents - which is why I wondered about plans for Overseer)