Ding 95 and problems ensue

Discussion in 'Casters' started by TurdFerguson, Jan 31, 2021.

1. TurdFerguson New Member

Last night I dinged 95 as a Mage. Right after the ding I went to PoK and set up my new spell bar and saved the new line. I always save my old lines. So, I had 94 Boom & 95 Boom saved. Then I went to bed.
    This morning I went to do the level 95 Teek daily.
    As a caster you need to learn agro management or you are a dead caster.
    Other than dinging 95 and getting new AA’s nothing changed. I always use an Air pet so this was the level 91 pet. I had done these dailies many times at 94 and never had a problem with agro before. Was always able to run the line between green numbers and yellow numbers for agro.
    This morning I go to do the level 95 Teek daily and I start getting super agro right away. It is the huge new nuke at 95(Spear of Molten Steel) I got I figure, so I mem the level 94 line of spells. No difference. Still getting super agro. Air pet never had any problem holding agro at 94 even with yellow cons. However, at 95 when the cons are now white the pet cannot hold agro. Yesterday the pet was able to hold agro on two mobs as well. Even with the new taunt message saying the pet has done an “unparalleled taunt”.
    I am not a button masher, as I said before you need to learn agro management or die. By level 94 I think I am pretty good at agro management.
    So, what gives? Suddenly at 95 my agro producing abilities sky rocket just because I turn 95. The mobs are the same, the spells are the same, my pet is the same and was able to hold agro the day before with the same mobs, the buffs are the same.
    One difference was that the agro numbers started jumping above 100. I have never noticed the number going over 100 before. I have a separate chat box for spells so I can see criticals, twin-casts, and the twin-cast criticals as part of agro management. This morning I started getting numbers like 125(red).

Any feed back is well come.

Update - when I leveled my blocked spell list and my blocked inventory list also reset so that was an unpleasant surprise as well :(
  2. Derka Power Ranger

My guess is your spell casting subtlety AA got disabled when you dinged 95. Toggle it back on to Enabled.
    code-zero likes this.
  3. Szilent Augur

Yesterday EQ experienced extreme lag due to a DDOS attack on other parts of Daybreak. Its possible your pet wasn't meleeing.
    Barton likes this.
  4. TurdFerguson New Member

Ask and you shall receive - it was the stoopid Spell Casting AA that was disabled. Thank you Derka.
    Barton and Szilent like this.