Its 2021 Darkpaw, its long since time your game allowed folk of color to be represented.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by ASDAprice, Jan 24, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Herf Augur

I don't see why anyone would want to play a human, of any skin color when one can play trolls, ogres, iksar or DEs. Or, gak, even kitties or gnomes.
    xmPradah likes this.
  2. minimind The Village Idiot

The only reason I can think of is to be a monk in EQ classic.
    Herf likes this.
  3. ASDAprice Lorekeeper

thanks for the thought.

For alot of you, inclusion might not seem important or seeing 'black humans' EQ might not mean much, but for those that often find ourselves excluded from that circle it does matter and it is important certainly for us that want to see characters that look like us.

I am hoping that dreamweaver or whomever can certainly pass this onto Jchan before they lock the post, as i am sad to say as often in the case this topics leads down a rabbit hole, for what is or should be possible to implement.
    Mahrsalla, Karreck and MasterMagnus like this.
  4. TLP Addict Augur

Don't we share like 99% of our DNA with pigs, there's a lot of room for major differences in 1% or even 0.1%
  5. Utendiyar New Member

I would like to play a white Erudite
    WaitingforMoreEQ and Herf like this.
  6. xmPradah Not a dude

I've long been a fan of allowing characters to modify their skin tone (I'd kinda like my HEF to be bluish, because who said she isn't a product of HUM/DEF??), AND betray their race... aligning with a class outside the norm of their race via a quest.
  7. CazRaX Elder

Breeds, not sub-species, it is breeds just like dogs and cats. I always thought using breed instead of race would change things since who would flaunt that when the word is used for cats, dogs and other domestic animals.
    Genoane and code-zero like this.
  8. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

can dye armor, why not extend the skin to the whole character model?
  9. Nicorus Elder

You can’t dyed the whole model because dye in EQ applies to an entire texture. So if you tint a white human texture you tint every part of that textured so dark hair, dark clothes dark eyes. They can save racial variants as an alternative where they have unique textures. That’s what they do for wolves and other animals that have varied colors. I imagine they could figure out how to get that to work with char select since something similar is done for drakkin.

I saw one project once where someone used the Erudite face textures on human models, they actually looked really good.
  10. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

There is only 1.2% DNA difference between Humans and Bonobos
  11. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Clearly that's what i'm "upset" about. Clearly it's not the fact that this thread is obviously headed towards a heated "racism" debate in which both "sides" make up and one "side" gets censored.

This type of discussion doesn't belong on the TLP forum.

Godwin's law is in full effect in this thread. I can't wait to be called Hitler because i recognize the fact Africans get sickle cell anemia more often.

12. NinjutsuMMO Augur

maybe we should remove genders also or colors and make the game black and white.
  13. Rotlust Augur

want to be a white erudite
  14. Discord Ocean of Tears Conservationist

We're focusing alot of race here. Sex needs to be addressed as well - why is there no transgender option?
  15. xmPradah Not a dude

Could you even imagine if there was a 8===> slider? So many men would be tripping over themselves!
    RaynTheLion likes this.
  16. AtabishiWoW Second best guild leader you'll ever have

Everyone knows the real man move is going with the smallest option available.
  17. Brunlin Augur

[IMG]
    Pikachuuu, Accipiter, Metanis and 2 others like this.
  18. code-zero Augur

Why can't I play a neanderthal character?
  19. xmPradah Not a dude

Good call... keep the the women away!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.