Quality of Life wishes and dreams. What would you want?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Risiko, Jan 8, 2018.

1. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

I don't think it should be free, but maybe just move the decimal point two places to the left....
  2. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

1) never HAVING to download third party anything to play the game to the standards other people ask. Maps most especially.

It is dumb to roleplay, hey, every continent and part of the world has shown up with spells and research to plane of Knowledge, but seemingly cannot draw a map and hang it in the library.

Maps should be default already.

No default map in an actual NOOB yard is ridiculous. (Butcherblock, I'm looking at you!)

2) Real estate HATES returning players.
    Each character, of which we have 50+ in family just on one server (family has 10 EQ accounts between us) We paid for EQ and played on TLP servers awile and forgot upkeep (rent) on land we "Owned" and on housing and guild halls we BOUGHT and guild villages we paid CASH FOR. but it all bounces back to inventory, but...
    Lore items bounce, including crates (plural) of eviction, marked lore....

marked lore...

but each character can own MORE THAN ONE plot...

<derp>

Each character, with permissions can place anchors, lore items, etc in friends housing, guild halls and so on and when lore items bounce we cannot even pick up the container to empty it.

<Derp>

It's all so cumbersome.

Remove real estate upkeep already, it's dumb and VERY unfriendly to players returning from longer absences. They paid you for the stuff, to writs, the housing, the stuff IN the houses. We have literally thousands of placeables and the save dump files to reset plots don't work very well.

Stop.
    The.
    Hate.

2.5 (related to 2)

If a guild buys a village, but for some reason the guild hall bounces (family member in hospital and we forgot) any random unguilded can place their housing in a plot in another guild's village to spite them. Why does EQ facilitate this griefing?

Our family should be punished and a writ for a village we PAID for just gets permanently tossed to pressure us into playing and paying more?

May want to rethink this strategy.

3) Odd buffing mechanics, like a 98 shaman casting Spirit of Bih'li on a grouped lowbie but the spell won't land unless the 98 shammy takes off it's higher level Tala'tak. Cleric spell hastes are still a tool to grief peope in afk piles as they STILL do not overwrite lower ranks.

Also, it is utter SHI7 that mercs get rank II buffs, but actual paying players have to farm them. Way to make clerics viable in group game.

4) Leave my browser alone and stop the nagware popups DURING EFFING COMBAT WTF?
    Dear Everquest, I promise you, we are ALL well aware of the benfits of full AA counts better mercenaries, "Prestige" items. We don't really need to be reminded every FIFTEEN MINUTES, nor held hostage whilst trying to exit the game (fast camp is a thing right? as in humans have lives and all, so it was introduced, but screw free to play humans?

Seriously. I have never played any other game that forces my browser to open when I'm trying to log out. It's also a security risk as the game has permissions.

Also, how much lag might be prevented by NOT have 13 million useless page connections a year?
    EQbud likes this.
  3. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

4. GoneFission Augur

Improvements for me now would be:

1) A tradeskill button on containers to go back from experimental mode to the normal interface. Once I put in the ingredients for a complex combination for a new recipe, I'd like to go back to the recipe page to make more without closing the interface and re-opening it.

2) Up the ore drop rate on ToV named. It's a very rare drop from named. I'm not asking it to be automatic like the missions are, but an effective drop rate of every third or fourth named would be nice. The rarity of the current ore drops on named is more like I would expect from trash mobs.

3) Add the current mercenary armor to the ToV tables. Make it rare on trash, uncommon on named. At this point, I'd like to not have to go back to TBL for mercenary armor. Or make mercenary armor tradeskillable on the expansion or two after it's introduced.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  5. Svann2 The Magnificent

TS vendors for greater guild hall.
  6. Elyssanda Bardbrain

no LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAG
  7. Zamiam Augur

this may have been said somewhere in this post but im not about to go back and read 93 pages lol.
    but it would be a nice QoL if they could add a filter in baz to filter collects thru the different expansions and even sub filter for the expansion zones ..
    baz lets you filter collections but thats it cant focus it anymore than that ..
  8. Svann2 The Magnificent

If bazaar filters worked for faded TS items.
  9. Svann2 The Magnificent

I think if you are forming up a raid in a zone and the zone gets to the point where it wants to start suspending mercs then the raid should be moved to their own pick rather than disrupting the groups that are using mercs. Not that it has impacted me, but I just think that would be more fair.
    Kurage_of_Luclin likes this.
  10. Svann2 The Magnificent

Id like an overseer quest filter that would show only the quests that have the reward I want.
    character exp
    tetradrachm
    collection
    mats
    mercenary experience
    Gyurika Godofwar, Karliv and Metanis like this.
  11. Iven the Lunatic

There definetly should be some love for magicians as they suffer from terrible backup work after their death and loose BOTH (full equipped and buffed) pets. Their summoning spell collection could also need a revamp as its a darn mess. Depending on the pet spell level some summoned items can be equipped while others cannot. As example the low level pet of an enchanter could equip summoned armor items while the higher level magician pet cannot.

The drama of a magican getting killed:
    1. Summoning pet #1
    2. Summoning new pet gear (several spells)
    3. Give pet gear to pet
    4. Buffing the pet (about 5 spells)
    5. Buffing himself (several spells)

6. Putting pet #1 into storage and summoning pet #2
    7. Summoning new pet gear again because they are lore items (several spells)
    8. Give pet gear to pet
    9. Buffing the pet (about 5 spells) and the group tank with a DS

When also grouping/boxing with other pet/buff classes this does get even more "fun".
    >15 minutes backup work just to maybe die again and all the "fun" does repeat. Corpse run and rez not even mentioned yet.
  12. Iven the Lunatic

13. Celephane Augur

Mage pets are born with gear except weapons. What else are you giving them?
  14. Iven the Lunatic

It is possible to give lower level magician pets summoned "plate" armor, focus jewelry items, haste mask (Muzzle of x) and a HP belt. They do not accept these later. It is highly unlogical that magicians can summon items that their pets do not accept. I am not writing about low level summoning spells.
  15. Jokskilove Palzerker

Make the leather belt used in the recipe for tradeskill belts stackable - or available on a vendor in PoK <3
    Cadira likes this.
  16. Darkerknight Lorekeeper

The best quality of life item they could add to the game is fixing the damn server lag.
  17. Crokker Lorekeeper

Guessing this was mentioned earlier at some point but could not find anything in the search here. Was thinking what a pain it is to have to swap out Merc gear every time when swapping between them. Sometime I forget and don't realize it until swapping them later on and notice when I go to change gear that I'd not done it. Would be nice to have each Merc type have it's own 4 slot gear area and depending on who is active, that is the set that shows in inventory and allows for their gear to live there (only changing when you get an upgraded piece for them). This would also clear up 12 slots in most peoples' bags which are perma camped by the Merc gear in waiting. This seems to me to be an easier quality of life addition to the game.

Hope others feel the same.
    Metanis and Yinla like this.
  18. Numiko Augur

even at higher levels they will accept better items, some of the summoned focus items pets will take, and some very rich mages like to give their pets full sets of the latest tradable armour and items.
  19. Kell New Member

General
    1) Forage filter (really liked that idea)
    2) Fishing filter

UI
    1) Update starting UI so it doesn't completely suck for new/returning players.
    2) Increase ease of customizing and organization of UI in game (Less reliance on 3rd party sites/software)
    3) Make an official video(s) for UI so new/returning players don't have to sift through crappy/old videos on internet. You could do a quick look and a deep dive video.
    4) Make an UI "lock" button. Nothing worst than being in middle of fight and turning off extended target

Maps
    1) Be fun to be able to make notes or modify on the fly

TLP
    1) Luclin Era-Seru - tweak MOTM for 4 mobs that banish you to jail so pets can tank or more strategies can be used.

Raid Tool
    1) Make it more user friendly / intuitive for new user. It works for those used to it, but it feels clunky and dated.
  20. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

stop free to play web page opening and popup spam

lag lag lag threads everywhere, but nag nag nag everywhere too.

does.
    not.
    compute.

We get it, everyone gets it. The "Reminders" every 30 min and every logout are just DUMB and an utter waste of resources.