Guess we can’t play EQ on the weekend anymore...

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tappin, Jan 30, 2021.

1. Tappin Augur

Every weekend there’s a stupid excuse for the ridiculous server lag. Just ridiculous.
    Hateseeker likes this.
  2. Benito EQ player since 2001.

There is a DDoS attack underway against DCUO but it is affecting all of Daybreak's games.

Confirmed by EQ2 dev Kander on their Discord.
    [IMG]
  3. Tappin Augur

Was a DDoS attack last weekend? Had several lag spikes of doom, then.
  4. Nightmares Augur

This is why we can't have nice things...
    Andarriel likes this.
  5. Barbwarrior Augur

Euro server fine
    Yinla likes this.
  6. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

I logged onto FV and my traders werent kicked so im happy! Although the other day they were. To bad i cant have it so i get a email when my chars get kicked lol so least i know about it.

Andarriel
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  7. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Why would anyone go through the trouble of a DDOS attack on Dark Paw? What a waste of energy lol. I mean, why risk it, it's a federal crime and all but would one be better served attacking games with larger player bases?

The amount of effort needed to force a DDOS type of attack with such a limited amount of connections to the servers across DP's games to make such interruptions happen makes this an effort to point and laugh at. Seriously. Get a life hahahahahhahahahahhaha.

Loooooooooooserrrrrrrrr!
    Metanis and Tatanka like this.
  8. Benito EQ player since 2001.

They were attacking DC Comics Universe Online but it affected Daybreak's network. Probably someone emotional about that game.
  9. Hateseeker Augur

this. what is the reason for the last few months of lags?
  10. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Hopefully this rules out someone who may have been quietly sabotaging Daybreak's network. It may help with network latency.

It probably won't address other server side issues such as peak capacity and raid lag (calculation lag).
  11. Free2Play1999 Lorekeeper

Massive lag and unable to log back in on Fironia Vie at apx 1:15am EST.
    Still on going at 1:40am.
  12. Hateseeker Augur

the lag that I see on FV for months has primarily been of a nature of invites, task and dzadds, saying ready to NPCs to enter instances, bazaar searches, etc. When those things are bad, raids are worse too, but they can happen at any time, I've even seen them at 3AM. player load is less that late and most people probably arent raiding at that time, so while those things certainly affect raids, there seems to be more going on -
  13. GoneFission Augur

The lag got so bad on Bertox at one point this weekend, spell gems on my casters were taking 10 to 15 seconds to refresh. Since the melee animations were at a normal pace, it was a bit concerning. Near the end of a lesson burn, Margidor spawned. I had to think a bit whether to risk getting lag killed. Margidor can put out a fair bit of damage, but the fight was uneventful.
  14. Vumad Cape Wearer

Is it possible the lag in the last month has been from numerous lesser attempts at a DDOS attack and they have just gotten good enough to get on the radar? I'm not familiar so I don't know how it works (from the point of escalation, I get the concept of a DDOS hack).