Please merge Coirnav and Ragefire

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by acidic, Jan 27, 2021.

1. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Free Transfers from Coirnav to Ragefire would be the best solution, if they go Ragefire they get the progression though they lose AoC. though ideally they would add AoC to Ragefire at the same time as open up the Free Transfers, then all the Coirnav folks lose out on is the shorter unlocks.
  2. Machen New Member

Let me be straight up with you. You've literally just announced that you are against all the players on Ragefire. The vast, vast majority are boxers. If you are an anti-boxer, you are anti-Ragefire players. If you think boxing is killing Coirnav, that situation isn't going to improve by merging with a server where everyone boxes. Even if for some reason DBG merged the servers, Ragefire players aren't going to be flocking to your guild, and you probably aren't going to be welcome in theirs. Box-friendly guilds, which they all are, aren't going to put up with members trying to argue that boxing is wrong and should not be allowed.

What you are proposing isn't a win-win situation, it's a you win, Ragefire loses situation. To be perfectly blunt, they don't want anti-boxers like you on their server. The last thing people on non-truebox servers want is to have to listen to people spouting anti-boxer nonsense on our servers. You seem to see the Ragefire players purely as a means to an end, people you will grudgingly tolerate as long they serve your purpose. That isn't going to help things any if DPG did decide for some insane reason to merge the servers. The outcome will not be pretty or accomplish what you hope.

On the other hand, if you are willing to stop being anti-boxer, you'd probably get a warm welcome on Ragefire. My advice would be to start a six box crew on Ragefire and see how you enjoy it. Maybe it's a play style you can learn to accept after all.
  3. Tweakfour17 Augur

Its a potential solution to a problem for some players. Maybe instead of going around trying to shutdown all the threads where people are offering suggestions / improvements (ex: your value added post I just quoted or the one in the truebox thread where you claim to want to keep truebox and beg them not to destroy Selo by removing it 2 weeks before it hits live) you could try contributing meaningful ideas. Or at least real alternatives or reasons why the ideas aren't good.
    IlllIllIllIlll and Skuz like this.
  4. acidic Journeyman

There is

Guaranteed there exist players on ragefire who box out of necessity but would jump at a chance to join a guild of primarily single players. But go ahead and tell me about how you know what every player on that server feels.
  5. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Considering there is like 100 players total on RF i doubt that
  6. RaynTheLion Lorekeeper

Funny you say that, because in my guild on Ragefire it was mains (only) raids. And everybody pooled their resources together to help the solo players finish the tasks and keying for whatever the expansion required.
    Tweakfour17 likes this.
  7. Tweakfour17 Augur

Weeeeeeird
  8. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

So you think these people are gonna /gquit to join some Coirnav guild if they merge the servers?
  9. Tweakfour17 Augur

No probably not, but there is obviously some subset of dirty evil boxers who do like or favor single players / mains only.
  10. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Man the strawman version of me you created lives rent free in your head doesn't it?
  11. Tweakfour17 Augur

Nah, it's also not a strawman when half your posts or more are disparaging boxers/rizlona/ragefire. Keep telling yourself it is though =)
  12. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

100% is strawman. I don't hate boxers i just accept the reality of what boxing means for the game. I know this upsets a lot of the forum warriors who love boxing, but i'm nothing like what you seem too think of me.

Rent free
  13. Tweakfour17 Augur

You also think corpse runs are fun and a pvp tlp is viable so your opinions are already somewhat distorted. Keep it up, might have to start charging rent..times are tough..
  14. IlllIllIllIlll Journeyman

Let's pretend we live in a fantasy land where truebox could be removed from Coirnav and everything else stays. Would that much of Ragefire really be so opposed to such a ruleset?
  15. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Ragefire has the larger population, but if you transplanted the Ragefire population to Coirnav removed Truebox and then changed the expansion unlock schedule to make every unlock 90 days so then the amalgamated population had a server with AoC & 90 day lockouts then that might work for both.