Xegony Raid Lag Example

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by kizant, Jan 17, 2021.

1. Febb Augur

Stop pointing fingers at each other. This is a problem with Daybreak's infrastructure and not with the players. They consolidated their infrastructure to save money and its backfiring on them. Direct your anger at them, not at each other.
    dreadlord and Barton like this.
  2. Barton The Mischievous

EQ2 Servers and other DBG titles are also dealing with server lag pretty sure Dreamweaver even commented in Discord that both EQ and EQ2 were having issues at the same time.

From Discord. 1/28/21
    "DreamweaverYesterday at 12:07 PM
    Ops is aware and working on the problem.

DreamweaverYesterday at 12:12 PM

Yup whatever the issue is its affecting at least EQ and EQ2, ops is working on it.

DreamweaverYesterday at 12:15 PM

Neither since it's EQ and EQ2 would be my guess

3. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

If it's affecting EQ2, then we just might have a chance of getting something fixed.
    blurpppa and Cadira like this.
  4. Raccoo Augur

Lagging horribly today on Cazic. Group wiped several times due to global spell cooldown lasting longer than usual so heals can't be cast, then tank dies. Gave up trying.
    Kels likes this.
  5. Hateseeker Augur

It isn't just raiding. On FV we'd had some raids messed up for lag yes but it causes you to be unable to search the bazaar for minutes at a time, unable to transit the bazaar portal without being stuck in a time loop for a minute, chat lag, on and on. However shouldnt you all be posting about this in the bug forum and liking the post? AFAIK that's how it works to get attention to issues.

And, I saw lag of this nature on selo today too. Selo is a near dead server so there's no blaming lag there on high population.
  6. Gregwarrian Journeyman

Tunare had Western waste zone with just 8 in it and puller dieing multiple times cause of lag. I was in western waste zone and just logged because it wasn't any fun with the lag. Dieing to no heals and it taking a minute before the rest of the group saw I was dead. General chat had a bunch of lag complaints in it.
  7. Febb Augur

They were ddosed today apparently.
  8. blurpppa New Member

EQ2 has been plagued by severe raid lag for a year now so I am sorry if I dont buy the DDOS or anyone saying its a per title issue or its just temporary latency issues excuses. Was promised to be fixed by April of last year and since we heard nothing but silence.

Why are players not pressing this issue? Its like EQ1/EQ2 players just accept paying for a half broken product? How can we let this happen for this long? Twitter is blowing up everytime wow has a 15 minute lag issue, Daybreak games have had it for over a year. Do we enjoy getting shafted and throwing money on their titles so badly that we just accept this kind of thing?

Why has Jenn not said a goddamn thing since she took over at the boss lady at this company? A feel good producer letter isnt gonna fix the performances issues plaguing at least 3 of their titles during peak hours (EQ1/EQ2 and PS2)

Yes I am goddamn pissed off that this has not been sorted the last 11 months and I am sorry but its sucking all enjoyment out of the games.
    Barton likes this.
  9. Beimeith Lord of the Game

2015 called and wants its system specs back.

Raid lag is not caused by people running old computers. It's ZONE lag caused by spells, (mostly procs), and in some cases large numbers of swarm pets, though I think most top guilds have banned swarm pets at this point.
  10. Zamiam Augur

correct my system is from 2015 . and it handles the servers fine .. but some people do play and raid on older PoS systems with less ram than they should .. like you said with all the spells, pets and swarm pets all puts a strain on the system and the PC as well as the servers ... especially if your not running an independent graphics card .. if your still running a dual core or even a single core with less than 8gigs of ram on a win 10 system your system is gonna strain. Add raiding on top of that and yes your gonna see lag and more so than others .. is it DPG fault also yes ..
  11. blurpppa New Member

I cant believe the amount of retardation required for you to suggest people just find different times to raid at. You do realise that people have school, work, other hobbies they need to attend too and not just play a 20 year old game 24/7 ? What the hell are you even on when you suggest something that completely dumb?
  12. Beimeith Lord of the Game

You don't appear to have understood what I was saying.

Spells and swarm pets cause zone lag, as in, the zone itself, as in the computer running the zone, as in the servers, not your personal computer.

EQ is single-threaded. Having 8 cores means nothing for EQ's performance unless you're boxing 6 accounts. A dual core is enough to run EQ just fine. 4 is overkill unless you're boxing. No one is raiding on single-core computers.

EQ is 32-bit. It can't ever use more than ~1.4GB of ram. Windows itself requires 1-2. 4 gigs is more than enough to run EQ if you aren't also running a ton of other things at the same time.

Graphics is even more laughable. Integrated graphics is more than enough for EQ.

SSDs don't matter for anything other than zoning, and even that doesn't matter much because zoning is limited more by how large your character is than your HDD speed.

People are not lagging because of their computers.
  13. Warpeace Augur

I think the point has been made its not most peoples PC's. Your barking up the wrong tree in this thread.
  14. Beimeith Lord of the Game

To be fair, if someone is complaining about running into a buff pile of 200+ players + mercs + pets in PoK or the Lobby or something that is going to be caused by their personal computer struggling, but that is NOT what this thread was about, which is raid lag.
    Astral64 likes this.
  15. kizant Augur

I've got an i7-8700, gtx 1070ti, 16 gigs for ram, and a Samsung SSD 970 pro disk drive. I use a ram disk for my log file, increase my eqgame.exe process to run at high priority. I've got my video card set to max performance with anti-aliasing and other nonsense turned off. Then in game I turn off dynamic lightning, pc names, and the stuff that actually seems to add to lag. I've tested that plenty. I've got the bare minimum of npc and environment particles and none from players. Maybe you didn't watch the video?

Then I only run gina, parser, discord, and OBS when I make these videos. I don't play music or do anything else. Some instances we get everything runs great and there's no lag. Then we'll get another instance of the same raid and it's horrible. You can search youtube for my other videos and I have dozens where the game plays great.
  16. Bahdah Augur

Did you see all those rot dog kills of pets I did though?
  17. kizant Augur

Here's this week on FV for comparison that has zero lag. I didn't change any settings. Maybe the trick is to sacrifice and SK at the start.

RPoo, Astral64 and Sancus like this.
  18. Sissruukk Rogue One

The start of it reminded me of Leeroy Jenkins.

But even on Vox the lag is pretty rough on Zlandi.
    kizant likes this.
  19. Sancus Augur

I waited 27 seconds after we were supposed to start before saying insist. Any longer than 10 seconds on a burn event and I'm legally allowed to start it :p

On the subject of the thread, Tier 1 wasn't too bad lag wise last night on FV, but Tier 2 (Crusaders/Sontalak/Aaryonar) was atrocious. Here's a video of our burn on the first dragon on Crusaders:

I spoke with a number of people in different guilds on different servers who were trying to progress on T2 and having scripts not work properly due to lag.
    Astral64 and kizant like this.
  20. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

I'm frustrated to my breaking point by some of this lag. i expect a gong show on zlandicar on a regular basis. fine, whatever. but last night on crusaders i and some others were so lagged that we were 20-30% behind on dragons, getting worse as the event went on. i have a reasonably decent computer with some of the best internet available in canada (1G fibre and i actually see those speeds for the most part).

and i can guarantee if i'm at my breaking point there's alot of people who have already broken and given up. and i cant really say that i blame them.
    Aldren, Sancus, kizant and 2 others like this.