rizlona or aradune ?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by mark, May 5, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RaynTheLion Lorekeeper

You claimed the population decline of Rizlona will be the same as Aradune. You still have not understood the main points many of us have argued. You defended nothing, all you did was agree that WaitingForMoreEQ is a troll. We are at odds with each other on these discussions.

I'm the child? Please, tell me more!

I'm glad that style of gameplay works for you.

This debate is clearly over as you've resorted to baseless claims. You don't know me. I don't know you. Yet here you are assuming to know what I actually do when I'm in game. This reveals many insights concerning your thinking and inner-character.

But I thought 90% of the people will quit come GOD?

OMG! I disagreed with you. I told you why you were wrong so I must have no friends! OMG OMG!

If you don't care then why write lengthy responses?

You don't play on Rizlona. Each server is different. Did you even play long term on Ragefire?

I'm starting to see a pattern here. Those of you who think boxers are 100% solo players are probably just being avoided by the boxers because they don't want to interact with you.
  2. Triconix Augur

This is why I know you don't read and comprehend. Look at what I said. 90% of the people bickering on this forum will quit. Much different than what you interpreted. Lol.

The fact that there is such thing as TLP-millers proves that literally all TLPs will have greatly diminished populations. It's going to happen with Aradune. It will happen with Rizlona. Whether or not Aradune is worse than Rizlona really doesn't matter. However, one thing will hold true. Boxers, on all servers, tend to act the same. There's not a single server I've been on that boxers were some outgoing social people. You said it yourself, they are more invested in their characters so it's natural they would be less receptive to playing with others.
  3. RaynTheLion Lorekeeper

Now explain why only 'the people bickering on this forum will quit' while the people who are not bickering nor on the forums are magically not included in this 90% figure? What is the factor that distinguishes these two groups from one another?

In reality, if someone has enough skin in the game to where they would actually participate in one of these discussions, it seems they would be more likely to play on Rizlona/Aradune for the long term. The exact opposite of what you claimed.
    Triconix likes this.
  4. Triconix Augur

Except people on the server are using past TLPs they played on as some sort of pseudo evidence. Kinda proves that they'll be gone sooner rather than later cause if they were so invested they would still be on their first TLP server (Kind of like you) :rolleyes:
  5. RaynTheLion Lorekeeper

And the fact you would respond in such a way under the assumption it was a 'haha gotcha moment' only confirms my initial theory that you have a room temperature IQ.
  6. RaynTheLion Lorekeeper

My first TLP was Coirnav. I left for Ragefire once I realized boxing two mages was way better than playing a single toon, and it was annoying that I kept getting DC for pressing keys too fast. I stopped playing on Ragefire because I had a baby, and returned to EQ to play on Rizlona because I wanted to experience a fresh TLP launch from classic.

Don't pretend to understand anyone's story.
    Triconix likes this.
  7. Triconix Augur

I mean...doesn't that literally prove my point? I retired from EQ for about 3 years between 2009-2012. When I returned I didn't just drop my char and start fresh. See the difference between being invested and not being invested?
  8. RaynTheLion Lorekeeper

You're assuming I could just log on to my old Ragefire accounts and return to where I left off. This is not the case for reasons I'm not getting into. You are just spectacularly wrong on all of your assumptions.

Heres some advice. Stop making assumptions. Your deductive and inductive reasoning skills are weak. The conclusions you arrive at are hilariously far from the target.
    Triconix likes this.
  9. Machen New Member

This is where you are wrong. 90% of the people bickering on this forum have been bickering on this forum for many years. Very few of us are likely going away any time soon, sadly.
    Echoe, Gremin, Genoane and 3 others like this.
  10. Kahna04 Journeyman

I have played on both Aradune and Rizlona, and gotten to know a bit about the feel of both servers. I think you are right that Rizlona will likely carry a population farther because of boxing, but I don't think it is so much a boxing vs truebox server thing so much as it is more the preferences of the population.

People don't join a truebox server because they want to box their own group through missions, reguardless of how difficult or easy it might be. While I have played on Rizlona, and even managed to level my little group to cap, I did not really enjoy it and returned to Aradune. If the only way to progress past GOD was to box it all by my lonesome I would quit, even if boxing was made super easy. I have a feeling most of the folks on the true box server are the same. (I also learned on Ragefire that getting carried by a friend's box group as a solo player is almost as boring to me as boxing myself.)

Are more Araduners likely to quit when things get harder and boxing becomes more important? probably, because they don't enjoy playing a game that requires them to box. In the end, does it really matter how far a person gets through the expansions? Who cares if someone plays until it's no longer fun for them then starts over in the part of the game they find enjoyable?

All the Araduners who don't mind boxing can just swap over to Rizlona when that era gets here. They get the best of both worlds.
  11. Foaming I Drank Bleach IRL Once

Just stop feeding this guy his attention.

Rizlona is cool if you like to box and want to experience that aspect of Everquest play. Aradune is... well I don't play there so I can't accurately judge it.
  12. Gremin Augur

Just play the game and have fun people. Is that not why you log in?
  13. xmPradah Not a dude

This is far too reasonable.
    Skuz likes this.
  14. Echoe New Member

I really don't understand where this mentality that Rizlona is occupied by anti-social players is coming from. I've played here since launch, and this has not been my experience at all. Last night there were 49 individuals in discord during our regularly scheduled raid night, and this is pretty average.
    Just because people can box 1, 2, or several groups doesn't mean they exclusively play that way. The only difference Rizlona offers is increased freedom of choice in terms of quantity of boxes, but it isn't a requirement. When playing together, people only bring one or two of whatever army they have at their disposal to ensure there's room for everyone in a raid.
    Everquest by nature is a social game no matter how many characters you own, and Rizlona isn't any different.
  15. Tweakfour17 Augur

Everyone wants their server to be the best and when someone is having fun playing in a way that is not fun to them then the reasons must be because they are anti social or afk bots or rmt or w/e.

"Am I out of touch? No, it's the children who are wrong" - Principal Skinner
    Skuz and Echoe like this.
  16. Accipiter Old Timer

It comes from a couple of forum whelps who don't even play on the server (nor EQ even).
    Tweakfour17, Gremin and KrakenReality like this.
  17. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

You just keep proving how wonderful you guys are!

See the thing is people like me have played on multiple TLP for years with many of the people that went to Rizlona this time around. They're definitely some cool people on the server. But most of the people i've know that went there are very toxic to people outside of their cliques, just like your behavior on the boards. From everything i've seen an heard that's kinda how the majority of the server is.
  18. Tweakfour17 Augur

Which server has a nickname from the "karen" meme? is it Karenizlona or Karendune? asking for a friend..
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.