rizlona or aradune ?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by mark, May 5, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jeskola pheerie

More false, made-up statements. Your obsession with slandering Rizlona appears to be having a significant negative impact on your mental health.
  2. Triconix Augur

No, I didn't. I explicitly said that most of the people on this thread would be gone from both Aradune and Riz by GOD. The only reason why you may have a slightly easier time on Riz is because it's open to boxing. That doesn't mean Rizlona will maintain it's individual population better than Aradune. I think both will have equal amount of departures. The only thing that will indicate Rizlona has better populations is because there are a lot more people boxing. But at the end of the day those 6 characters you see are just 1 person. That doesn't equate to groups and whatnot being more wildly available on Riz than Aradune post GOD. It probably means quite the opposite as boxers tend to just do their own thing and not care about others.

Again, if you like boxing, play Rizlona. It will probably benefit it you more down the road as you are more self sustaining. If you don't like boxing, play Aradune. Both populations will dwindle by GOD. However, you'll still see a lot of boxers in Riz and PUGs or guild groups in Aradune. The final decision is which do you prefer of those two options.

Off topic, I will say one thing, I've seen more afk botters on Aradune within a 6 month period than I have on any other server I've been on (although they were all live servers). I have no idea what the botting population is like on Riz. But I find it hilarious that this WaitingForMoreEQ is giving Riz a bad name about botting when Aradune is pretty plagued with it as well. And even worse on Aradune, people literally circumvent the server rules as you find people 3+ boxing. Dude is living in a glass house. Just pick up a stone and break it. He's just a troll.
  3. xmPradah Not a dude

There are actually only a few guilds on Riz that are box heavy on raids... most are main only or main +1 for raids.
    My guild is box heavy on raids, and to my knowledge none of us are afk farming anything. I've had at least a dozen trades from CL and Auction channel in the past month... if those channels have low activity right now, it is only due to the timing of the visit - it's not a representation of the what is the "norm" on Riz. With Bazaar coming out next week, both of those will be dead soon anyway... why is it such a hot topic that people have backed off the week or so before Bazaar is released, during the slowest period of a TLP?

I'm pretty sure Waiting is, indeed, a RMTer looking to sway people from coming to a server where they are more likely to get help rather than being gouged. Most the people I know have overflowing inventory and would give it away if someone needed.
    Thewiz and Foaming like this.
  4. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Okay so to some this thread up in one post.

1. Rizlona is full of super nice people in game, but on the forums they can't handle someone speaking the truth about their server.
    2. Rizlona isn't dead, it's just a week before Luclin so that's why nobody talks in auction or general or has a pug group going
    3. There are totally 12 guilds on Rizlona clearing current content, just because they don't have discord or members online or forum recruitment posts or mentioned on the kill tracker site doesn't mean they aren't real guilds.
    4. Rizlona totally doesn't have as many botters as Aradune, they just have more players that like to play at 2am in the morning.
    5. One of the good things about Rizlona is that you can box as many toons as you want and use 3rd party software to do it, but everyone on the server is a good boy and would never Bot.
    6. Rizlona is gonna be awesome in Luclin cause the bazaar is gonna be filled with cheap loot that totally wasn't created by botting.
    7. One of the sweet things about boxing is you don't need other people, but also the people that don't need other people like helping others because they obviously like to hang out with other people. The people that like to group with other people are obviously also all selfish who don't like other people they just play single toons because they're too stupid to box. Everyone know boxing in EQ is really really hard.
    Lineater likes this.
  5. Febb Augur

[IMG]
    Fluid likes this.
  6. RaynTheLion Lorekeeper

1. You have no job.
    2. You don't even play on Rizlona so your opinion means absolutely nothing.
    3. You do nothing but promote falsehoods, exaggerations, and baseless claims.
    4. You are a forum troll.
    5. You are triggered by a server you don't even play on because you can't afford a pc capable of boxing and you aren't intelligent enough to successfully box.
    6. I thank the Lord you play on Aradune.
    Kobra likes this.
  7. Thewiz Augur

Show us on the doll where Rizlona touched you.
  8. RaynTheLion Lorekeeper

Let's start by keeping in mind that Triconix doesn't even play on Rizlona.

Boxers have a heavier time and financial investment into their toons and it isn't as easy to detach from them. You are wrong on this point. The retainment rate of Rizlona will be significantly higher than Aradune. And you are also wrong on assuming 90% (the figure I believe you used) of the posters in this thread will be off their corresponding servers come GOD. You probably believe this so firmly because you play on Aradune and can't imagine playing beyond GOD due, ironically, to the Trubox restrictions. I, personally, can't wait for future expansions such as OOW and TSS.

Being able to box doesn't make playing EQ slightly easier, referring to the completion of missions, epics, grinding for xp/aas, farming items, etc... Boxing makes these tasks enormously easier. The removal of truebox restrictions does in fact imply the population will maintain its population.

You are free to think what you want. I will admit at least you seem to be reasonable. In comparison to the forum troll of Aradune.

This is my issue with you. You make many assumptions based on only a little experience. Boxers are extremely social. I'm always talking to guildies/friends when I'm out doing my thing. The best times I had in EQ were on Ragefire with the other boxers. There were 6 - 12 of us who boxed anywhere from 3 - 18 toons. On non-raid nights we would hit FFA targets and the raid loot would get split between our boxes. If a named mob was up, one of the boxers would say, 'hey X is up, who wants to kill?' And we would gather a mini raid force to kill the target. Even the boxers with 8+ groups are social and play with others if you only ask. I used to shadow this guy who boxed 50+ toons. He would always let me have incredibly amazing loot. Very generous indeed.

I think I understand the greater issue here. On Aradune I'm sure all the boxers who circumvent the true box restrictions are greedy RMTers. So I can understand, in part, why so many have such negative opinions concerning boxers. On a boxer server, however, the culture is extremely different. For instance, its safe to say the RMTing on Rizlona is only a fraction of what it is on Aradune. Who is going to pay 5kr for an item they can farm themselves?

I agree with you. WaitingForMoreEQ is a sad troll. Someone should give him a hug.
    xmPradah likes this.
  9. xmPradah Not a dude

Let me paraphrase this for everyone:

1) Waiting is a tool (NOT the word we aren't allow to use here) and has no life, comprehension skills, or ability to reason.

The end.
    Thewiz likes this.
  10. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Doing a really good job of proving this correct

"1. Rizlona is full of super nice people in game, but on the forums they can't handle someone speaking the truth about their server."
  11. Thewiz Augur

The next time you make a factual post about anything on Rizlona will be the first time.
  12. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Oh look another one of those super nice people xD
  13. Thewiz Augur

I am actually :)
  14. xmPradah Not a dude

Here's some truth: You'd probably not fare well on Riz because:
    1) You'd be bellyaching in General about not being able to find a group/friends with your LFG tag.
    2) You'd be searching for a guild which doesn't allow boxers, on a boxing server.
    3) You can't handle that your perception is not reality.
    4) You're not a friendly person and would, in turn, drive people away from you.

Try creating some chars on Riz and making an honest attempt at playing here - with our ruleset. Try being friendly, finding a guild, and serving yourself. Nobody said the server is full of handouts - it's not - but we are friendly and helpful. My guess is, you won't - because you're far too attached to your opinions of Riz to allow the truth to interfere.

Oh, Thewiz is quite awesome! I mean... you'd be so envious if you knew him and didn't have him in your guild ;)
    Thewiz likes this.
  15. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

No doubt when i think of nice people to be around i think of people that randomly slander people they've never met online.
  16. Kobra Augur

You slander a whole server. Try getting less irony in your diet.
    Thewiz likes this.
  17. Sebbunw New Member

Saw about ~4 guilds competing for Vulak a couple days ago. Was so fun watching them try to out DPS each other. At the end of it, they shared the loot.

Was crazy. Never would have seen that on any other TLP i've played on. Most of the time, the one with the most DPS takes it.

Perhaps you've earned the ire you get on the forums for being a troll?
    Thewiz likes this.
  18. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Bro i really don't care what people say about me on the internet. It's just really funny that you guys think you're making yourselves look good.

Nice ban evasion account though
  19. RaynTheLion Lorekeeper

For one who allegedly "don't care what people say about me on the internet" you sure do feverishly respond to internet comments.
    Thewiz likes this.
  20. Triconix Augur

Where you getting at? I was defending the reputation of the server from a troll, but please, continue to get defensive like a child getting his toy taken away from his mommy.

Yes, because I've played on live my entire life (and still do) and use my one and only box as nothing more than a back up in case my friends aren't around. He's literally a slave of mine and gets nothing but scraps. I couldn't care less about my box even though I pay for him. I cannot imagine doing the same thing I literally did for the last 20 years. How horrible that must have been not boxing past GOD...oh wait. :rolleyes:

Anyways, all my friends on live are the same friends that all decided on Aradune to play together on. I'm sorry you're a lonely boxer. I cannot imagine boxing EQ the entire time without any friends to grind with.

I fully plan on playing on Aradune as long as my friends do and we don't plan on stopping at GOD considering how one of our favorite expansions was OOW and my top 3 has TSS in it...
    Or you can get some friends? But based on your attitude, I can see why you'd have to box.
    You're also forgetting that I don't care. At the end of the day, it's up to the OP deciding which server to play on. If he wants to box, play on Riz. If he is similar to I and wants to play with friends, Aradune is probably more enjoyable. Both servers have pros and cons. I'm failing to understand why people are so defensive of their servers? You want my option? Cazic > Aradune & Rizlona.
    lmao. Did you just say that? I have over 1200 days played on Triconix. He was born in 99. I know exactly how boxers act. You say that as if boxers don't exist on live. News flash: They do. I've seen them for many years and it just more and more common and populations dwindled and utility of mercs expanded. They normally stick to themselves. Just stop which that social nonsense. I stopped reading after that sentense because I know it's just a continuance of diarrhea of the mouth.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.