AA purchase bug

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Vizier, Jan 29, 2021.

1. Vizier Augur

So I wasn't sure if I imagined it the first time it happened so I tested on another class and confirmed this.

-Find an AA with ENABLED or DISABLED that you want to upgrade and make sure it is currently ENABLED. Make a hotkey you can access easily.
    -Upgrade 1 rank, mode while keeping the NEXT RANK table open.
    -Toggle the ENABLE / DISABLE hotkey
    -The ability toggles, and you learn the next rank for free at a cost of 0 AA

Please feel free to deduct -80 AAs total from my account I do not want to have any exploitive gains on my toons. Thank you.
  2. Soulbanshee Augur

Not a bug, it's not an exploit. It's a mechanism they added so that players can have a passive AA active or not depending on the scenario as it started causing issues as you progressed when going back to old content.

The AA actual purchase is the one that costs and puts it into disabled mode. If you want to use it, you "buy" a rank for 0 AA to enable it. Later you do not want it active, you "expend" it to disable. Then later you can re-enable again for 0 AA. It's a kludge specifically for players to toggle an AA on and off for no penalty after the required effect has been purchased.

Note that this is specifically for passive AAs, its not an active AA where you hit the hotkey to fire it. Once its enabled its active and the passive AA will fire. The hotkey is only to disable to turn it off.
    Yinla and Skuz like this.
  3. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Soulbanshee explains it well, what you are doing is misunderstanding how the toggle operates.

This is how tanks can turn off passive Aggro boosts like Bold Attacks when they aren't doing a tanking role on a raid, or dps classes like my Berserker can turn off their passive de-aggro AA to allow them to tank/hold aggro better in groups that lack a real tank class.
  4. Vizier Augur

Ok look I know what you are saying, but I actually got 2 ranks for 40 AAs. Each rank should have cost 40. I specifically tried when I did NOT have enough to purchase all ranks. You need to follow those steps exactly if you want to see a free AA bug / exploit.

I have now shared what I know. If you are saying this is allowed to do, so be it. Good day.
  5. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

No, you've missed the explanation.

BTW, each rank of an aa has its own cost and that cost can be zero. Almost all aas either stay the same cost or increase ... but as pointed out above, the passive aas are special and alternate between a cost and a zero cost so that someone can toggle the aa on and off without having to respend aas each time.

It's actually a pretty good system for the limitations of EQ.