Robe Graphics

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Ausil, Jan 29, 2021.

1. Ausil New Member

Would it be possible for robes to have different graphics again?

For the last few expansions I've been stuck with the plain robe look. I miss my Robe of the Elements graphic, or anything besides plain blank robe. I know ornaments are a way to change things but I'm more of a traditional person.

So, can we start mixing up the robe options, please?

Thanks.
    efego, MasterMagnus, Dre. and 3 others like this.
  2. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I bourhg this up in ToV beta, there are a lot of robes which are white with the same design just a different tint (identical to TOV robes).

Someone needs to create some new robe graphics. I'm tired of heros forge, I want to once again show off what content I have completed by what I am wearing. :)
    Annastasya and MasterMagnus like this.
  3. Ausil New Member

I'd be happy with a rotation of the original five robes that are already in the game. Since they are already designing new hero forge armor, I'm not expecting new regular robes. If they were going to do something like that, I'd rather they make it so erudite hood graphics blend with the robe. I don't like seeing my neck and chest show between the two. That's why I prefer the Robe of the Elements. It's the only one that blends correctly.
    Dre. and Duder like this.
  4. NinjutsuMMO Augur

When you compare the new robes and even armour to the original art or luclin it’s not even a contest.
    The original art and luclin armour art was made with effort and attention to detail.

The new robes and armour just reskin the robe or armour with a new print 100 different ways and as if that wasn’t lazy enough or bad it does so on “broken” armour textures.
    The arms, chests or heads don’t fit into the armour properly and you can see this by adding the chest or arm ornaments on one at a time and you’ll see the distortion.
    It’s almost like all the races have the same body type with the new armour or robe.

If they reskin the old luclin robes and armour at least the symmetry would line up properly.
  5. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

While I enjoy Hero's Forge, I feel that moving away from graphic achievements for things like weapons and armor was a mistake.
    Dre. and Zynt like this.
  6. Valdest Journeyman

It also feels so wasteful when I dye my arms, wrists and legs armor for a wizard. All this excessive Glaze Lacquer in Norrath can't be good for the environment.
    Duder likes this.
  7. birdsong_pawn Augur

Yes! Bring back the graphics from the Oracle Robe, Shining Metallic Robe, Robe of the Kedge, and whatnot.

Most people who would buy or use Hero's Forge have paid for it already. We just want some variety in the default robe graphics.
    Rijacki, MasterMagnus, Dre. and 2 others like this.
  8. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

Even ornaments that look like those would be ok with me. For most of us who have played forever the $12 for Hero's Forge isn't that bad if the character doesn't have it already.
    Kaenneth, MasterMagnus and Etha like this.
  9. Ausil New Member

20 Months and at least two robe upgrades later and I am still wearing a plain robe.

I do have a follow up idea that might help.

I am willing to pay $REAL MONEY$ for robe ornaments that will change my current robe graphic to the other original robe graphics.

Thanks.
    $$
    Kaenneth, Rijacki, Dre. and 1 other person like this.
  10. Act of Valor The Newest Member

I remember how pretty I thought The Robe of the Ishva was.
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  11. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

If you have any look you like, but you can't wear because of stats, use the 'Illusion Trick'.
    Illusion Trick
    -Put on items with the look you want.
    -Cast Illusion (of any sort) on yourself.
    -Put on items with stats you want.
    -Drop Illusion.

You still look like before the Illusion was cast.
  12. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Yea i wear a bright yellow robe while mage wears white. robes have had the plain look forever be nice if they had the graphic of old expansion robes robe of oracle that old think that was ruins of kunark or something real old. I like hero ornaments but not the luclin models.
  13. Ausil New Member

3 Expansions and 35 months later and I'm still wearing a plain robe and all the new robes just released are...plain robes.

I've already purchased Hero's Forge on my main. I don't use it, but I bought it. I'm willing to pay more money for a Robe of the Elements ornament. I would also buy Hero's Forge for all of my other characters if I could buy ornaments for other original robe graphics.

If you don't want my money, make the ornaments an achievement or quest reward.

I don't care. Just make it happen.
    Dre. likes this.
  14. Shalafi New Member

I
    I second that and will also pay, take my money!
  15. Annastasya Augur

Eventually, i'd like a "closet" type slot for our inventory, so that whatever you put in that slot will be the graphic shown on your character, regardless of what is equipped.

Until we get that, why not test such a thing using just the robes and chest inventory space? Sounds like it would be good for the in game economy, and something people would spend daybreak cash on. i would. Win/win.
    Dre. likes this.
  16. uberkingkong Augur

They have this in pretty much every other MMORPG.

EQ, 30 expansions, still far behind other MMOs, in many aspects.
    MMORPG with 5 expansions has a lot more, QoL things than EQ.

Too much of the expansions are being focused on for raids.
    Other MMORPGs they'll release an expansion, and there is 0% catered to raids.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/14kic7p/system_changes_and_rewards_in_guild_wars_2/
    Approximation_Doctor

6 mo. ago
    Guild Wars 2: Secrets of the Obscure will also introduce a new set of legendary armor: Obsidian armor. This will be the first set that doesn’t require heavy investment into raids or competitive experiences—instead, the various crafting components come from open-world gameplay in Guild Wars 2: Secrets of the Obscure.

7 years ago

10 years ago

Notice open world.
    Not no picks, your own instances, etc. (EQ way, don't play with people way)
    Only time in modern MMORPGs where you'd be in an instance is when there is a meta event going on.
    If you all don't know what meta event is.
    Basically 100+ people doing PvE content open world quests/event.
  17. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

I would love to have Hero's Forge armor that is the early game robe and armor appearances, too. I would likely get Hero's Forge on more of my characters, too.

I would, though, prefer those early 'classic' robes and armors would be tradeskill recipes kind of like the weapon slot ornaments of over a decade ago and the armor slot ornamations made from dropped ornamations in the newer Kunark expansions (not quite a decade ago).

As a side note: I would also love to have a (craftable) armor manikin house item that could display armor of any kind to give it another use and/or at least placeable helmets. Even if an ornament had to be slotted into something to be displayed as a house item (like the weapon slot ornaments), it would be a wonderful addition.
  18. Ausil New Member

I forgot about a tradeskill option. I'd be more than happy with that too.

As for a "closet" option, I'm not trying to overwhelm anyone or reinvent the wheel. I just want old graphics for the chest slot the same as they have done for DoN era weapons, etc.
    Rijacki likes this.