Quality of Life wishes and dreams. What would you want?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Risiko, Jan 8, 2018.

1. Zunnoab Augur

I thought bard songs do affect mounts if they are slower than the song being used as of quite some time ago?
  2. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

I thought so - then my roommate started QQ'ing at me because he ran significantly slower on his mount even with bard speed than I did with bard speed and no mount. *I* thought it was supposed to take the highest speed mod (selo > mount) but it doesn't seem to be the case. To be fair, I'm running on anecdotal evidence. But he's also seen the velocity numbers.
  3. Zunnoab Augur

Bards get a larger speed boost due to AAs than others they hit with their songs.

I hope someone corrects me if I'm wrong about songs affecting mounts if the mounts are slower.
  4. Froglok Augur

They sort of did this all ready. Distillers will remove the Aug type they note, and all the ones lower. So buy only the top level distiller and you have this.
  5. Froglok Augur

You can basically do this now with Spell Block. Block it and they can't or won't cast it on you.

As for Mercs on raids, as I understand it, this was originally the intent... but they could not make it work.
  6. Svann2 The Magnificent

Selos does not affect people that are on mounts.
    And im not sure about that aa you mentioned.
  7. Svann2 The Magnificent

I would like it if my inventory window did not automatically open up every time I pick up something off the ground - especially when I already have a bag open onscreen to put stuff in. Every time you open my inventory window I have to stop to close it again.
    Winnowyl likes this.
  8. Elyssanda Bardbrain

say what? Mine doesn't do that.
  9. Svann2 The Magnificent

Its always done that. If theres an option to stop it Id sure love to hear it.
    Nadisia likes this.
  10. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

That's true - my bard runs at about 88 with Selo on. Winn runs at about 84 with Selo on. Viciado runs at 75ish with his mount and Selo on. 84 like Winn if he gets off his stupid mount.

For whatever reason, I thought it was supposed to take the highest mod you had on you, and that was your velocity. Instead, the mount seems to cancel the Selo.
  11. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

My solution to that was to recode my inventory window (I use AYA, so already a custom one) so that I had the autoinventory, done, and destroy at the very bottom of the window. Then I just move the stupid thing up to the top of my screen with those 3 things showing. Unobtrusive, fits right next to my window toggle bar thing, and I never even notice whether it's up or down anymore.
  12. IblisTheMage Augur

Hi Froglok,

I do that already :)

However, the issue for me is that every time I return to EQ, all the non-visual configuration that I have to make is an additional barrier. In this "returning player" use case, the amount that has to be re-learned even after only 6-12 months away is quite a bit. If there has been another level bump, a PC re-install, etc etc, then I have to first remember to do this on all my toons, then I have to re-research which spells I want to block, then I might have to find the new name of this spell for the new spell range, then I have to go in to all my toons in my box, use the somewhat old interface, and make the changes. It is part of EQ that it is complex, this I like, but for me, a QoL would be to:

Open an interface for the merc, that shows the spells the merc would like to cast, next to a check-box, and a spell description when I hover over the spell

:)
    One can always dream
  13. Nevermore_JJ New Member

Make Kronos No Drop all Kronos have done is create an underground economy in EQ ... that has ruined high end content raiding,...
    Take hard action against botters , and AFK PL'ers
    Bring back what made Everquest the MMORPG to play .. Not a place where one person can have 12 toons ..make groups relevant..

If you want to have TLP's where essential 1 person can have 15 toons playing by themselves then balance the content out andbring Mercs to TLP's earlier and let us have them at PoP or earlier.

MAKE EVERQUEST !
    Arctodus and Kurage_of_Luclin like this.
  14. Elyssanda Bardbrain

correctly functioning chat channels..
    for the love of Tunare, FIX THIS
    Barton and Winnowyl like this.
  15. Tegila Augur

Trees, Beehives, Hobbit Holes, and Pirate Ship houses for sale in marketplace, with and without remaining collectors editions for their given expansions (preferably not lore, but we can work around lore) Crates of Eviction suck.

on that note, maybe there can be something silly to sink real cash into (or kronos) like pay lifetime rent on this plot wit ha krono or $14.99 USD, click here to buy now.
  16. Svann2 The Magnificent

A chat filter for spell damage and dot damage done to me.
    I want to create a chat tab that includes all incoming damage. I think filters>melee>you being hit does that for melee, but there doesnt seem to be that option for spell damage.
  17. Kurage_of_Luclin Augur

Actually investigate people who have been repeatedly reported violating the ULA, and do something permanent.
    Lestazia, Elyssanda and Svann2 like this.
  18. Windance Augur

Lock hunger/thirst in the common AFK trade skill areas: pok/lobby/guild hall/bazaar.

In these zones, hunger/thirst don't increase. You don't eat/drink. You don't accidently consume those TS items you've been working on ....
    nitrocutter and Metanis like this.
  19. Stephen51 Augur

I'd like the dev team to look again at the price structure for making armour. I remember a few years back people complaining they had nothing to spend their plat on, and it seems Darkpaw (or whoever it was then) took notice and now progression of gear, along with other aspects of gameplay is now tied to platinum.

Waiting on upgrading to Tier 1, Tier 2, or tradeskill is to an extent reliant on class, but if you follow the stepped progression and spend over 20k on each piece of gear, its a lot of plat. Some players with accounts going back decades can afford this and maybe have a source of platinum income, but for new players it must be tough. Then try factoring alts in.

I would suggest that T1 armour should not cost anything to make, and T2 should be reduced to less that 10k plat. With the tradeskill armour costing around 10k for each piece.
    Yinla and Metanis like this.
  20. Abbydog Journeyman

The ability to sort buffs in the buff window