rizlona or aradune ?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by mark, May 5, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fluid Augur

As Pradah said https://ectunnel.com/community/forums/everquest.82/ The proof is in the pudding. If you like RMT, Aradune is your choice because that is where most of the RMT types are. The level of accounts for Rizlona is routinely higher then Aradune https://eqresource.com/serverstatus.php

Money talks, BS walks. Only thing that matters or should matter to DB is paying accounts. Rizlona is a more profitable server. I really don't care if someone wants to box a dozen accounts on Rizlona. That money helps keep the Live servers running and people at DP buying groceries.

Understand that I did run up a couple of characters on Aradune and in its current state it is nothing like the toxic wasteland it got the reputation of being in its first couple of month of existence. I just like boxing and the people on Rizlona better. Understand too, that even if I am the last person left on Rizlona after some combination of pandemic and apocalypse, it will still be my favorite flavor of server. Nothing but subscribers, no freeloaders, few if any complaints in General chats<I have to turn off GC on every other server> knowledgeable user base. Really a pleasure to play there thanks to the people who play there.<sic>
  2. xmPradah Not a dude

Why would LFG be as active on a box server to begin with - how is this even a realistic gauge of the health of this server?
    Not to mention, we're a week away from Luclin opening... generally a slow time on any TLP.
  3. RaynTheLion Lorekeeper

The cope is real.
  4. Tweakfour17 Augur

Maybe LFG is the only way Waiting gets a group so if no one is there then it means he has no chance to group up, if that were the case I'd consider any server like that dead as well.
  5. Triconix Augur

Who cares? Pick a server and play on it. If you want the ability to box more without circumventing and cheating, play Rizlona. If you want limited boxing ability but more than likely a chance to play with PUGs, pick Aradune. At the end of the day the choice is yours, not ours. So choose. 99% of the people bickering on this thread will more than likely be gone from their respective server come GOD anyways. Who gives a flying f what they think?
    Skuz likes this.
  6. RaynTheLion Lorekeeper

You've obviously missed one of the main points of this thread. The notion that post-GOD Rizlona will maintain its population whereas it will falter on Aradune. So somebody looking for a server with longevity in mind would prefer Rizlona over Aradune.
  7. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Cause that's one of the major ways people meet new people in game and how is the solo player supposed to even play the game on a server like that? Besides is it just LFG? cause auction dead, general dead, 1/5th the guilds recruiting on the forums. Every measure besides how many bots are online AFK farming plat has Rizlona doing worse then every TLP in the past 5 years.
  8. xmPradah Not a dude

Good job avoiding the last part of my statement. Auction and General are likely dead because we are so close to the end of the expac.
    I've literally never used the LFG tag to meet or group up with people. Ever. Socialization will get you further than throwing up that tag.
  9. KrakenReality Augur

Man, I don’t know how you still get people replying to your trolling.
  10. RaynTheLion Lorekeeper

If you've read his other posts you would understand he isn't trolling.
  11. Foaming I Drank Bleach IRL Once

I'm convinced WaitingforMoreEQ is actually a mass botter/farmer on Aradune. He is doing everything he can to denounce the competition and keep new players joining his server so he has a fresh line of buyers lined up. Why else would he be so active? It is literally his Taco Bell dinner at risk!
    Thewiz, Machen and Bowdeen like this.
  12. Bowdeen Elder

It's exactly this. So many people are geared, leveled, have all their spells, that there isn't much for them to do in the off time. Other than leveling a ranger, I've completed the quests I want and the tradeskills I need. Even my Luclin prep work is already done.

In regards to others, our guild has transfers from Aradune who are only playing 1-3 characters, and they're still doing it on multiple computers. They simply like the freedom it gives them, not to mention you don't have to worry about a DC when multiple toons hit the same key.
  13. a_librarian Augur

You can go ahead and close this thread btw
  14. jeskola pheerie

that is just your opinion, not a fact. Also, while Rizlona may not reach the same levels of activity as other recent TLPs, it is still at a healthy population level. It sounds like you are one of the ones who has come to expect anything less than a massive cluster F of a bajillion people running around to be "omgz ded svr!!!1". That kind of population is something new with AOCs, Everquest servers have thrived just fine with smaller populations for many, many years.
    Skuz likes this.
  15. Mrjon3s Augur

You go to Sirens on Aradune and its full of people afk farming, buying selling krono, buying selling accounts and you see a couple people on Rizlona doing it but this server is the problem?
  16. Kobra Augur

People like him make me grateful I rolled on Rizlona.

Its just so funny that according to every metric he states I should be having a miserable time, but Rizlona is the best server I have ever played on.

The guilds on the server remind me more of the community from 99 than the kind of people who are drawn to truebox servers.

In all reality hes doing us a great public service. The type of people who agree with him are not the people we want on Rizlona anyway.
    Foaming and Tweakfour17 like this.
  17. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

So now having a single person to pug with in LFG is "a massive cluster F of a bajillion people"
    Having a single person to trade with in auction is "a massive cluster F of a Bajillion people"
    Having a people to chat with in general is "a massive cluster F of a Bajillion people"

It would be harder for a new player to find a group on your server then it was on Miragul, that's pretty embarrassing.

Your server is literally 250-300 round the clock AFK farming bots and a handful of guilds raid logging, most of which have like 20-30 actual members and fill most of their raids with boxes.
  18. Mrjon3s Augur

Aradune has way more afk farmers then Rizlona. Go to the discord and people are always complaining about people afk farming sirens. Actually go to Rizlona and look around. No where near as many afk farmers. Also what exactly is wrong with a guild of 20-30 people filling the rest with boxes? Everyones main gets what loot they actually want and boxes get everything else. My guild has about 15-20 people rest is boxes and once Omens comes around were easily gonna be able to split anguish and gear up everyone and our boxes.
  19. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

No there is massively more AFK farming bots on Rizlona there is a reason Aradune will sometimes hit low population at 2 AM but Rizlona never dips below Mid. It's because there are enough bots on the server to hit Mid population with bots alone. Aradune has a larger marker because of population size, but don't kid yourself Rizlona relative to population is flooded with AFK farming rmters.

Nothing if that's what you like. But don't pretend like a handful of guilds like this that raidlog is a healthy server, that it's somehow magically gonna become more popular then Aradune or that this is a good server for new players to join.
  20. Accipiter Old Timer

Wow, you are really something.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.