Froglok Monk starting stats ARE broken.

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Masorin, Jan 28, 2021.

1. Masorin New Member

Every race has a base set of stats. When picking a class, changes are applied to the base. That is the system. Froglok base physicals are 70 Str, 100 Dex, 100 Agi, 80 Stam. Monk stat changes for all other races are +5 Str, +10 Dex, +10 Agi, +5 Stam. That is before the 20 points allowed to be alloted at creation. When a froglok monk is chosen Dex is 25 lower, Agi is also 25 lower. That is BEFORE the application of extra points. The stats ARE broken and need to be fixed. Correct froglok monk base before points is 80 Str, 110 Dex, 110 Agi, 85 Sta.
    Barton likes this.
  2. GNOME_POWER Augur

Maybe they applied the status totals for human/Iksar.
    I don't think it will be a problem because I can compensate with good equipment.
  3. minimind The Village Idiot

Just to clarify, this is the current stat balance for starting monks and you're saying that Guktans should have +25 dex and +25 AGI?

Stat-Guk-Hum-Iks
    Str -80 -80 -75
    Dex-85 -85 -95
    Agi -85 -85 -100
    Sta -80 -80 -75
    Tot -330 -330 -345

Edit: Ugh... why allow tables to be pasted into the text box if they don't translate over to the actual post?
  4. Masorin New Member

Comparing stats across races is fallacious, because the races are all different. That's why you have different races. What I am saying is they are applying the monk class modifier as a minus instead of as a positive. Why would being a monk make a Guktan less dexterous than a guktan wizard. The bonuses are being applied improperly. They are subtracting 15 from Dex and Agi, instead of adding 10 like they do for every other race. And I was wrong. Guktan monk should have a 75 Str, not 80.
  5. minimind The Village Idiot

Alright. I think I understand. Looking at the all the classes that a Guktan can be (except monk), the minimum starting stats are:

Str: 70
    Dex: 100
    Agi: 100
    Sta: 80
    Int: 75
    Wis: 75
    Cha: 50
    Bonus Stat Points: 20, 25, or 30 depending on class.

If you select Guktan monk, your stats are changed by the following factors:

Str: +10
    Dex: -15
    Agi: -15
    Sta: --
    Int: --
    Wis: --
    Cha: +25

It really looks like they just copy/pasted the human stats and I can't find an explanation/justification/story about it.
  6. Masorin New Member

I didn't even notice the plus to charisma. "Hey! I'm a monk! Everyone having a good time? Let's throw some kicks and get some short beers. Hu HA! Dreaming of you!" *feign death*
    WeezFv, Fenthen and minimind like this.