Please merge Coirnav and Ragefire

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by acidic, Jan 27, 2021.

1. acidic Journeyman

Daybreak please please please!!! Coirnav has been on life support for some time. I cannot speak for ragefire but seeing as they are in underfoot and Coirnav is on SoD this seems logical. Please put some life into these servers!
  2. Machen New Member

Are you willing to give up truebox and slow xp? If not, it's a hard pass from the Ragefire players I'm sure.
  3. Tweakfour17 Augur

Coirnav has had live XP rates for a long time now, the "slow" xp modifier the wiki talks about is way out of date. And eff truebox after GoD lol I highly doubt a single person on Coirnav would care at all if Truebox was removed. (queue the one person to come in and whine thats the only reason they just rolled on Coirnav :rolleyes:). The point of contention in merging Ragefire and Coirnav would be the unlock schedule and AoCs imo.
    Skuz likes this.
  4. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Tweakfour17 actually suggested merging these two servers together some months back but the Coirnav forum posters basically wanted Ragefire to adopt their ruleset which is nonsense when Ragefire is stable and doing fine without Coirnav and hasn't asked for a merge while Coirnav has the low population suffering severe decline that has asked.

If a large majority of Coirnav players coming into the forums & post here to say they will accept Ragefire Rules & want to move there then the devs might listen, but you pretty much are going to need a serverwide acceptance of the Ragefire rules & a very high percentage of the Coirnav players saying so in this topic thread or a similar one for the devs to even discuss doing it.
  5. Tweakfour17 Augur

I did suggest this back in August when I thought they'd have enough time to maybe plan to make it happen since the two serves are likely to meet somewhere in UF/HoT era?
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...-ragefire-into-coirnav-when-they-meet.269459/
    If you want to see what the reactions were...
  6. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Thanks for the link Tweakfour17, seems my recollections were off base some.

Merging Coirnav with pretty much any server has to be better than not merging them & while they have the option to have a paid xfer to Phinny or live for a while now I haven't seen any actually opt for that & I'm not surprised given how far ahead Phinny is vs Coirnav so Ragefire still looks like the better option for them the remaining obstacle being the slower unlocks that at least vocal Ragefire players evidently wish to keep.

Maybe the "Soon(tm)" announcement about Selo making live status might throw the Coirnav population a bone, I have a feeling it might have some ramifications for all the TLP.
    Tweakfour17 likes this.
  7. Machen New Member

I only brought truebox up because the last person to start a thread asking for coirnav to merge with ragefire felt that of course it would have to have truebox. A lot of players on dying servers are looking just for what would bring new life to their own server and don't care how that would impact the other players. (I've been guilty of that in the past too.)
  8. Aegir Augur

Well. If Coirnav wants to adopt the Ragefire Ruleset and merge, the population of Coirnav could have a server-vote for it ;)
  9. TLP Addict Augur

My house is burning down, so I'm going to move into your house with you, oh but I want you to live by the rules we had in my house.
  10. IlllIllIllIlll Journeyman

All my roommates moved out and so did all of yours. Let's consolidate households to make chores easier and have a conversation about what shared rules should be in place.
  11. acidic Journeyman

Well, an option could be free merges to ragefire when we match up to them in xpac.
    As a single toon player, and vocal anti boxer, I would not mind utilizing ragefire's ruleset if it meant more people were a merge to occur.
  12. RaynTheLion Lorekeeper

Except all of Ragefires roommates did NOT move out. Most of Ragefire would quit if any sort of true box restrictions were implemented. Ragefire doesn't need Corinav. Coirnav needs Ragefire.

If you're on coirnav and the server is rightfully dying due to True Box restrictions why not just transfer to live?

Also, please elaborate on what chores become easier for the natives of Ragefire following a merger? The server is already self-sufficient.
    TLP Addict and Yinla like this.
  13. RaynTheLion Lorekeeper

At first I cringed when I read your post. But now that I think of it. If you are a self-proclaimed 'vocal anti-boxer' perhaps it is a positive you are exposed to boxers enmass on Ragefire. It wouldn't be long before you had an entire group of six yourself, and you would then understand that EQ is much more enjoyable with that level of control over your destiny.
    code-zero likes this.
  14. Triconix Augur

15. RaynTheLion Lorekeeper

Ragefire hits Medium population quite frequently and on occasion High population. Coirnav, comparatively, hasn't been 'medium' in months. Not that I've seen at least.

In all honesty, what will happen is this: If transfers are offered it will be from coirnav to ragefire, because nobody is swapping from ragefire to coirnav. The ruleset on ragefire won't change as it seems these server rules are set in stone.

If players on Corinav have a problem with Ragefires ruleset they simply don't have to accept the transfer.

End of story.
  16. acidic Journeyman

Already boxers en masse on Coirnav, one of the reasons its dying actually. But what's done is done, I prefer to move on and hope to gain more players before the remainder of our guild dissolves.
  17. Tweakfour17 Augur

A big problem is the server transfer rules they've setup, currently Truebox is more restrictive so they don't allow non-true ox servers to transfer to a truebox server. So Rage-> Coir is off the table. Conversely voting is viewed as more srestrictive than scheduled unlocks so Coir->Rage is off the table. Being the least restrictive in terms of boxing but simultaneously the most restrictive in terms of unlocks makes transfers to/from Ragefire impossible unless you go to a live server. They need to revisit that and then at least open the option of Coirnav to Ragefire. I agree no one in their right mind would transfer TO Coirnav at this point. Heck, the devs even realize this since when they setup all the new inter tlp transfers, none have Coirnav as a destination. If a blend of ruleset is off the table from the populations of both servers the a free transfer from Coirnav to Ragefire seems like a reasonable compromise. I'm sure if they did that then enough of the population would move to declare Coirnav non viable. The reason "transfer to live" is a poor solution is because you then miss the entire point of progression servers, which is progressing through the expacs. SoD->Live is still a huge jump (vs someone on Selo or Phinny transferring to live for example).
    acidic likes this.
  18. Discord Ocean of Tears Conservationist

I dont know why anyone's discussing possibilities of how this would play out. It wont happen. They're two completely different rulesets and coirnav will pass ragefire in progression shortly even if they were to entertain it (they aren't). Start somewhere else or transfer to live.
  19. acidic Journeyman

Good thing you don't make the decisions around here, but thanks for adding to the discussion
    Skuz likes this.
  20. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

This is something people always get backwards, boxers do not cause servers to die, they are what happens as servers lose too many players to easily find groups, to find other players of the classes needed to make a group work - the reasons they appear earlier & earlier on TLP servers is players have experienced declines on servers before & are pre-empting the attrition by building a box team ready for when they have no other option.

The very same pattern appeared on Live servers & people got this wrong there too, that's why mercenaries were created, because it was so hard to get groups that the merc lets them do "something" productive while they try to get a group, over time anyone outside of a well populated server with large guilds is going to struggle to get groups even worse now than when they were introduced & for many players if they didn't have mercs & boxing they'd not get to play EQ at all.
    Tymeless likes this.