rizlona or aradune ?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by mark, May 5, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sebbunw New Member

For those of us that enjoy boxing, it really is an awesome server.

I'm not sure why you continue to waste time commenting on this thread trying to belittle our enjoyment of Rizlona. The people that actually play and post have all confirmed that they enjoy this server but admit that it's not for everyone. I would absolutely not recommend someone planning on playing a solo character to roll on Rizlona.

But if you enjoy boxing, it's quite fun.

Overall, we also also don't have many with this guys attitude, which is a big plus in my book.
    Tweakfour17 likes this.
  2. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

It's was 5 to 5:30PM Eastern Time that is prime time. But lets pretend for a second those guilds actual exist how welcoming is it for a non boxer to join in a server like that where a 1/3 of the "raid guilds" don't have single player online, a discord or a recruitment post.

Thanks for lying about your server though it convinced me to log into it and see that's it's even more dead then i thought it was.
  3. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

You didn't name 12 you made up names because there isn't 12 LOL
  4. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

I'm aware that there are a small number of people that enjoy boxing and Rizlona. But these people are trying to convince people that don't to make a bad decision and join a dead server. If you enjoy your dead server more power to you but can ya'll stop trash posting the forums?

Like can ya'll stop trying to bait people into playing on your server so you can sell them twink gear to fund your box armies.
  5. Lejaun Augur

Because you can still box on Aradune, just need a separate computer. There are also more groups out there currently for a single player to join. Additionally, if you ever get to the point of switching servers, because Aradune has the tougher ruleset you can switch to Rizlona if you wanted. Rizlona can't ever join Aradune.
  6. Lacka Journeyman

Waiting., I refuse to believe you are really this stupid. You are clearly wrong, and have no idea what you are asking about. You are embarrassing yourself. Please, for the sake of all that aren’t as dumb as a post - go play with some legos, or the big ones for the slower kids, if need be.
    Foaming and Sebbunw like this.
  7. xmPradah Not a dude

I think you may have spelled WGO incorrectly - there are too many online to list atm.

Definitely, wrong.

I really am baffled by the ignorance... most boxers aren't boxing "armies" nor are they selling twink gear to feed their crew. And I have a few solo players in my guild, and to my knowledge they quite enjoy the server.
    The more realistic picture is that you (and others like you) are trying to depict our environment as dead, unhelpful, and a horrible place for real people to play - and that is just not the truth. There's a reason why boxers wanted a TLP for themselves, and for most it wasn't to make money here - the RMT market is crap on Rizlona compared to other TLPs, and the RMTers know it. I think you know it, too.
    I think we may have wanted to get away from the toxicity of Truebox, too - that seems to be where all the truly unhappy people come from.
    Thewiz, Sebbunw and Tweakfour17 like this.
  8. Foaming I Drank Bleach IRL Once

Biggest reason to pick Rizlona is because WaitingformoreEQ doesn't want you to.
    Genoane, Thewiz, Accipiter and 3 others like this.
  9. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Ironic that you call me ignorant when 3 different Rizlona posters in the thread have ECtunnel threads selling Toons and raid gear. Really makes you think. Maybe my comments were directed at them? nah that would make too much sense, i obviously just irrationally "hate boxers"
  10. xmPradah Not a dude

Wow, 3 whole people. You do realize the "real person" population is high enough on Riz to make this a shamefully low number. I mean, come on. Are you smart enough to look at ECTunnel and verify there are twice as many sellers from Aradune than Rizlona (quick glance at first page, at least)?
    Thewiz likes this.
  11. RaynTheLion Lorekeeper

You don't have a job do you?
    Accipiter likes this.
  12. RaynTheLion Lorekeeper

Second biggest reason to pick Rizlona is because WaitingForMoreEQ won't be there. Consider this. This guy doesn't even play on Rizlona and he is complaining about it. Could you imagine having this turd in your group? People like him always find something to whine over.
    Thewiz, Kobra and Foaming like this.
  13. RaynTheLion Lorekeeper

This, this, and this.

WaitingForMoreEQ is trying to adjust his argument now that his initial point has been proven wrong.

None of us are encouraging newbies to start on Rizlona if they only plan on playing one character. Sure, people do. In fact, I have a buddy who only plays a Necromancer. I've helped him kill a few difficult encounters. He plays often and does extremely well.

What we've all been saying all along is:
    1. in the latter expansions, quality of life will be better on Rizlona compared to Aradune due to the lack of true box restrictions. There will definitely be an exodus of players from Aradune to Rizlona post-POP. For this reason, Rizlona is best for long term.
    2. The population of Rizlona is not dead, it is thriving. We have dozens of successful raiding guilds. EC on Rizlona may not be as populated as Aradunes EC, but our Bazaar is going to be freaking STACKED. When you box a group or two you tend to be out in the world killing stuff, rather than passively sitting selling rares. (If I could somehow get my banker from Rizlona onto Aradune, I'd be able to sell his inventory for probably two dozen krono. Quite often, I delete/merc items that sell for prob half a krono on Aradune just because I need the backspace, and I know I'm not going to waste time sitting in EC to sell them.)
    3. The people on Rizlona are intelligent, laid back, and the rabble rousers are few in number.
    If you seek the typical EQ experience where you only play a single toon. You stand in EC, spam LFG, and go out and grind through the lower levels with a group. Aradune is perhaps what you are looking for during these early era expansions.

In this context, Rizlona is more of an end game server. Many people on Rizlona like the challenge of seeing which encounters they can 6 box, 12 box, etc...The ruleset of Rizlona allows for an EQ experience where you set your own difficulty level.

The Spirit of Rizlona is about freedom and the challenge.
    Thewiz, Foaming and Krumz like this.
  14. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Factually inaccurate as usual.

15. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Not everyone has an exact 9/5 schedule man. But 5ish EST is typically one of the highest population times for EQ servers its when many east coasters start "getting home" but it's not so late that the EU population is all sleeping.
  16. RaynTheLion Lorekeeper

Oh? So despite the fact that the entire central and western portion of the United States is mostly still at work/school, you have declared this is typically the part of the day with the highest population times? Please think about this a little....I didn't know on the east coast people could get home from work, and immediately hop on their PCs to play EQ in 15-30min flat. whew

lmao

And I love how you only quote single sentences in order to completely mitigate the context they were written within. I suppose over at the Walmart lunch room you'll 'win' debates with such tactics. Its just such a clownish thing to do anywhere else.
  17. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Guy 8ish EST is the absolute peak time. But 5 PM EST is most certainly within peak hours, yet somehow during these peak hours your server is empty. A bit odd considering every other TLP in the past 5 years is more alive a 3AM EST than your server. It's almost like 90% of the "players" on your server are bots and the other 10% raid log.
  18. RaynTheLion Lorekeeper

I went to server status and took this screen shot five minutes before posting this response. Please just stop posting in this thread and go away. You're embarrassing yourself at this point.

https://imgur.com/a/ttEwKai
  19. RaynTheLion Lorekeeper

Even Mangler is 'high' at the moment so I don't want to hear any of your excuses. It seems Rizlona is much more popular and thriving than Aradune.

There is nothing special about Aradune regarding its ruleset. A huge portion of Aradune will dip over to the new TLPs (including yourself) or swap over to Rizlona to enjoy a truebox free enviroment in due time.

For your mental health, stop denying this reality and desperately pushing lies on the eq forums trying to avert it.
  20. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

And yet if you actually log into Rizlona you'll find 0 players LFG on the entire server and nobody talking in General or auction. If you go to the guild recruitment forum or look at kill tracking sites your server is dwarfed by Aradune.

It's almost like you're on a server full of bots. Stay mad though.

HAHAHAHAHA.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.