rizlona or aradune ?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by mark, May 5, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

That's just not true though. As you progress through the game raids get more mechanics and the group game requires better and better gear. This discourages boxing rather then encouraging it . You only "have to box" when the server starts to die off not because boxing becomes better but because you have fewer people to play with. If Aradune trends like all the previous TLPs it will have more guilds when TSS drops, even if Rizlona doesn't lose a single guild between now and then.
  2. Mrjon3s Augur

The 70s stretch is when the boxing just comes out full force. I saw it on Phinny where even with tons of guilds most people were starting to 2-6 box all the time and the only thing holding most people back from 6 boxing was the truebox mechanics. You don't want to wait around for a random pug group that late in a server you want to grab some friends/guildies and go do tasks. So you usually grab 1 or 2 friends/guildies and fill in the rest with boxes then if more people log in you replace them with people.
  3. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

This^
  4. RaynTheLion Lorekeeper

The answer to this thread is simple. If you want to box ---> Rizlona. If you want to solo play ----> Aradune.

I just can't believe you're still in this thread shilling for Aradune. Give it a break dude! Almost everything you say is just an assumption nonetheless. You don't even play on Rizlona.
  5. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

"the 70 stretch" is more then a year away. You don't want pugs because you don't want poorly geared players, which means you don't want poorly geared boxes either. Plenty of guilds on Aradune will have decked out second mains.
  6. Mrjon3s Augur

Yea and I am saying play aradune if you want but your gonna be better off transferring to rizlona during the 70 stretch and gearing up your box army.
  7. RaynTheLion Lorekeeper

lol you have no clue.

My 10th box has superior gear than the average Aradune raider.

2-3 weeks after luclin launch I'll be max AAs on all of my boxes because I can grind whenever I want, for as long as I can stay awake.

Do you really think boxers (who can camp anything they want) don't gear their boxes? Just more evidence you've no idea what you speak of.
  8. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

I heard what you said it's just really really wrong. Aradune will have more guilds raiding and clearing current content well after the next set of TLPs release and well after the 70 stretch.

Cool story man.
  9. Machen New Member

This just isn't the case. Rizlona has dozens of raiding guilds. The vast majority aren't listed on the kill site--for whatever reason, it has been less utilized than on any other TLP ever. Phinny had 18 guilds clear Vulak within the first 3 months. Rizlona is not yet to 3 months and we've had more than that--at least 20 of which I am aware.

I don't know how many active guilds are on Mangler now, but if you don't play on Rizlona you don't have any way of knowing what the pop here is like.

And Rizlona is the first TLP I'm aware of that has actually increased active guilds from Classic-->Velious.
  10. Tweakfour17 Augur

He's just an anti box for whatever reason, ignore his Rizlona bashing because as you said, he has no idea what the pop there is like and continually assumes the worst.
  11. Machen New Member

Oh, I'm well aware. I'll keep responding though so people who are just reading and considering where to play won't automatically assume he's right.
    Sebbunw and Tweakfour17 like this.
  12. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Name 12, that have killed Vulak.
  13. Relikor New Member

Dhs Reincarnate, Kill Mode, Escape from Aradune, Throw Stones, Excel, Malignant, Grab your Six, What's Going On, Deconstructing Gods, Lonely at the Top, Shattered Souls, Vendetta Triad.

That's just 12 to start that I know of. We have many guilds who have either killed Vulak or still in the process of clearing Ntov. Radiants Awry, End of Time X, Forsaken Legacy, Destruction Advocates, Lazee, and thats just to name a few. By no means is Rizlona a dead server like some people seem to think. Every server has its odd balls and jerks but the majority of the server is full of friendly people who just like to keep a low profile and enjoy boxing with friends.
    Thewiz, Tweakfour17, Gremin and 3 others like this.
  14. RaynTheLion Lorekeeper

WaitingForMoreEQ is working hard to 'expose' Rizlona and frighten all the returning players into rolling on Aradune. Nevertheless, his efforts are having the opposite effect because all this thread has done is revealed how amazing Rizlona is. This thread will recruit even more players to our great server! lmao
    Sebbunw likes this.
  15. Machen New Member

Lonely at the Top
    Shattered Soul
    WGO
    Deconstructing Gods
    DHS
    Kill Mode
    Grab Your Six
    Escape from Aradune
    Venom
    Avidity
    FV TLP PLZ
    Throw Stones
    RaynTheLion, Tweakfour17 and Gremin like this.
  16. Machen New Member

Between us that's 15 counted, and I didn't work very hard at my list either.
    Tweakfour17 and Gremin like this.
  17. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

There is zero players online and not anon from either of those guilds, there isn't a magelo profile for them or a recruitment post on the forums or a discord for them.

"What's going on" has zero players online appears to be dead from their discord.
    "Excel" has one level 57 player online and i couldn't find a recruit post or a discord.
    One of those guilds plays on ever TLP and has like 25 members ATM and has never made it past OoW.

There isn't a single person on the entire server LFG to make a pug with.
    There hasn't been a single message in general and their is 1 person posting in auction for the 30 mins my toons been logged on.

yeah dude Rizlona is popping off best TLP ever!
  18. Machen New Member

Maybe last week before a new expansion launch isn't the best time to check these things, especially outside of prime time.

Some of the guilds you mention only log in to raid at this point.
    RaynTheLion likes this.
  19. phattoni Augur

Rizlona is a boxing server, unless you box, simply dont roll there, like i said you might enjoy it for a bit but when raid progression changes from raid to group, you will be left in the dust by the boxers.

part of the reason i left dhs behind on lockjaw was because of this, i was boxing at the time and pulling the non boxers through progression, but it seemed like i was one of the few doing so, there were other big boxers pulling people through but the average boxer is simply just not helpful. they get their progression done then go work on other things to progress themselves more rather than helping people that dont box progress.

sure say they have no initiative to form groups etc, say what you want, but the fact is, if you are playing a single toon, rizlona is not for you.

im not trying to talk bad about dhs, some of them are decent, really liked gremin and sindria. but you rolled on a server that you knew wouldnt be popular in the long run, and are trying to trick people into going there, knowing its not what you are saying it is.

i boxed an entire group for a month or 2 before moving to aradune, on aradune the grouping scene is better, the auction channels are more active, and i dont sit lfg or spamming channels for real people to group with for days on end. in fact i put up lfg/announce lfg in channels and i have a group within 20 mins.
  20. Machen New Member

Also nice job moving the goalposts. You really thought we couldn't name 12 guilds, didn't you?
    Thewiz and Sebbunw like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.