TLP 2021

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Skuz, May 29, 2020.

1. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

No, because the number of posters asking for an era locked server are truly miniscule, Agnarr had hundreds of posters asking for PoP-locked and it was enough to spin up a server for it, when I said you can count the posters asking for another era-locked this past year on 2 hands I was being literal.

What chance do you think an Omens of War locked TLP server has if only 3 people have posted asking for that on the forum in the past 12 months, same deal for the 2 for SoD, 3 for DoDH, 1 for DoN?

I am just trying to give you a reality-check for your hopes, the outlook is extremely bleak given the amount of interest shown thus far, the PvP TLP has had around 20 players asking the past year & that's not going to happen, so your idea has even less chance than that.
    Bullsnooze likes this.
  2. Murdukethegreat New Member

Hopefully. I know a large portion of my guild on Mangler has been talking about an oow or dodh server would be where we move if they ever launch one.
  3. Shemak Journeyman

Myself i would like an nobox server release with kunark with :
    Classic/kunark : 12 weeks
    SoV > 16 weeks
    Sol > 16 weeks

I feel like classic isnt enough content by itself, kunark has decent content but velious and luclin have so much stuff to do that they need more time.
    Oh and i dont care if people box as long as it is without "cheating" programms but there doesnt seems to be a way to enforce this, so i would rather see no box at all.
  4. Febb Augur

No boxing is completly pointless. They don't have the man power to enforce it and I doubt they can come up with programming to combat it.
    Skuz likes this.
  5. MysteryShopper New Member

I like the OP's suggestions. I would change some of the timings for the next TLP to be more like...

Definitely add beastlords and berzerkers into the game earlier (Kunark).

Expansions Level Increase Expansion Length
    Original 8 weeks
    Ruins of Kunark 60 12 Weeks
    Scars of Velious 12 weeks
    Shadows of Luclin 16 weeks
    Planes of Power 65 16 weeks
    Legacy of Ykesha 16 weeks
    Lost Dungeons of Norrath 8 weeks
    Gates of Discord 12 weeks
    Omens of War 70 16 weeks
    Dragons of Norrath 8 weeks
    Depths of Darkhollow 12 weeks
    Prophecy of Ro 8 weeks
    The Serpent's Spine 75 16 weeks
    The Buried Sea 8 weeks
    Secrets of Faydwer 80 12 weeks
    Seeds of Destruction 85 16 weeks
    Underfoot 8 weeks
    House of Thule 90 Lock
  6. Machen New Member

What... the... f...

40 weeks of pop would absolutely devastate any progression server.
    Skuz likes this.
  7. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Devs can't read minds.

They need to post what they want, and any TLP with a era locked rule set is going to need a lot of individual players posting about it for it to stand a chance of happening.
    So far this year, including you, maybe 4 people have now asked for Omens / DoDH locked & yes I am counting.
  8. Tweakfour17 Augur

LoYs not even an expansion =/ It's frogloks and armor dye
  9. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Damn straight skippy.

No idea what they were thinking there since LoY is currently unlocked alongside pop now
  10. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I have to ask if you have even actually played & raided through these expansions on a TLP because many of these unlock timers are absolutely terrible to me as a player who has.
  11. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Eh they could make some tweaks to the TLP experience to allow for a longer than 8-12 week PoP experience. But 40 weeks would be pushing it for sure.

I've always thought a stair-step group of servers would be interesting though. Four servers locked to specific level caps. A level 60 locked one with everything up to Luclin. A level 65 locked one with everything up to GoD. A level 70 locked one with everything up to PoR. A level 75 locked one with everything up to TBS.

Open the level 60 locked server first with all content Classic-Luclin available. Once Aten Ha Ra is defeated, open the level 65 locked server. Anyone who wants to on the level 60 locked server can /charcopy their character over to the newly opened level 65 locked server or you can start fresh on the level 65 server. Same thing when Tunat is defeated, the level 70 server opens up. When Ayonae Ro is defeated the level 75 server opens up. Players who like a specific era can just hang out in the level era server they want to hang out on.

I also think bundling LDoN/LoY into classic and seeing how the game changes with those available from level 1 would go. Grinding the final 45-50 range on classic TLPs is pretty bad due to limited camps, but having LDoNs and LoY zones would be great. LoY gets almost no use on TLP due to it releasing after PoP, but if it were available in classic you would see a ton of Gulf / Duthak / Crypt groups going from level 30-65. LDoN gets done basically only at the level 65 adventure tier on TLPs. Having the opportunity to grind LDoNs levels 20-60 would be very interesting especially since most all of that LDoN point gear gets ignored on TLPs due to VT/EP/Time raid gear being so saturated by the point LDoN unlocks.
  12. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Hence why I set Classic to only 4 weeks.
    This is almost like a warm-up session since every TLP has had problems for the first few weeks this is almost always going to be the case, the real launch once all the teething problems are out of the way is the Kunark unlock.

This point has been debated to death, no-box is simply not feasible right now.
  13. ikarinokamii Elder

there is no doubt an OOW locked server would be super popular. OOW is probably the expansion that has grown the most in reputation and stature since it's release.

I think if you are going to lock at OOW, you might as well go to POR and do all the level 70 expansions.

I like seeds or TSS as stopping points, because eventually you to need level alts, or people starting fresh, both TSS and SoD make it easier for new people to level or for veterans to level ALTs,
  14. Nicorus Elder

Era locking something so late in the game is tough though, if you start the server in classic most people would be gone by year 3 three when it gets to TSS. If they did another era locked server I think a classic - velious server broken up into 6 content unlocks or so would get far more interest than a TSS locked server.

I lean more towards something simple, go with all race/class combos unlocked and beastlords and zerkers from day one, make some tweaks to the lvl 65 and 70 unlock times and just let people go from there.
  15. Tweakfour17 Augur

If you're going all the way to PoR you might as well unlock TSS and let people have Drakkin. TSS was literally tailor made to start from scratch in and actually provides some decent end game content vs PoR where you have Deathknell and then going back to Demiplane.
  16. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Where are the numbers to back up this assertion, which you claim is without any doubt?

Show the forum users & the developers the evidence of this popularity, if you can.
  17. Nicorus Elder

And if you were going to go to TSS you might as well go to TBS since it is still lvl 75 and it finishes the mayong story arc that goes from DON->TBS

I Just don't think they could be that popular, it is such a late expansion
  18. ikarinokamii Elder

I dont understand why everyone keeps calling tss and tbs late expansions. they are not evenhalfway. they are more expansions ahead of those than behind them.
  19. Tweakfour17 Augur

When you quit in LDoN, every expansion is a late expansion. LOL
  20. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Some players: Classic to Velious was "real EQ" SoE ruined EQ and it went to hell after that.

Some players: Classic to PoP is the only era that was worth a damn, SoE ruined EQ and it went to hell after that.

Some players: After Omens of War SoE ruined EQ and it went to hell after that.

Some players: Look at those crazy *big numbers* in expansion X ! - not playing that, DarkPaw ruined EQ and it went to hell after that.

There might be a theme involved here.
    Tweakfour17 likes this.