Do new accounts get less xp?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Krumz, Jan 27, 2021.

1. Krumz New Member

I made 3 new toons on Firiona. Drakkin Paladin (New Account) Iksar Shaman, and Wood Elf Ranger. I've had them grouped for since level 1 and the paladin is the only one lagging behind. I asked NewPlayers/General channel in-game for any insight on why this is happening and only received a dismissive answer about how the other toons must have gotten experience outside of the group (This isn't possible since I'm boxing them). Someone else mentioned that experience just isn't distributed evenly and the game would eventually even them out. The ranger and Shaman are 48 now and the paladin is only 41 so I'm finding difficulty believing this as well. Is there some hidden modifier for veteran accounts that isn't visible through the UI?
  2. Filter Augur

Pullers get more experience from the group than the rest of them. This would be one of the reasons since I assume you pull with just your ranger.
    Tucoh likes this.
  3. Accipiter Old Timer

Wow, that's quite a difference. Have you used Lesson of the Devoted AA or XP potions on the ranger and shaman?
  4. Filter Augur

Sorry hit post prematurely. You can see on each mob how much you're getting and evaluate how you play from there. There are no experience modifiers any longer so that should not be the case. This happened to me when I was leveled up two toons and they were about a level apart from each other and I couldn't figure it out until someone pointed this out to me a while ago. They never killed a mob solo or apart from each other so it was driving me crazy.
  5. Krumz New Member

I actually have been using only my Paladin's LotD just to keep up.

I started pulling with the ranger when Shm/Rng hit 40. The paladin was only just a little over 7 levels behind. Up until that point, the boxes were just on follow and I had a tank merc smashing mobs. The tank merc belongs to the shaman. I wasn't aware of pullers getting more xp, but if this were the case, wouldn't the levels be different for the shm/rng as well?
  6. Krumz New Member

Yeah, this is definitely making me go crazy and feels demoralizing. Would you happen to know if having a merc takes experience from the group as awhole or just the individual and do different mercs type soak different amounts of xp? The only other explanation I can think of is a bug that maybe isn't registering the paladin on FV for the server bonus. Thank you for the responses!
  7. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

8. Zamiam Augur

I read somewhere that mercs do take xp from the group as a whole and i believe its somehwere around 7% xp per merc capping at 20% if you have 3 mercs and 3 players (boxes) there has always been an xp penalty in using mercs because daybreak even sony at the time wanted there to be an incentive to grouping with real players .. also is why there is an xp bonus if you have 6 real players in group and no mercs .. so if your playing with 3 mercs you should be getting a 20% xp penalty and roughly only getting 80% of the potential experience gained from each mob and even that 80% is split even more between a puller and rest of group ..
  9. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

Is it possible that two of your accounts are tagged recruit a friend? If so that would explain the discrepancy. The puller thing described above isn't on every zone and I believe it on effect zones that you have "leveled" out of according the devs. Below is exampled of the spread of XP I have observed on one mob using three brand new zerkers.

33.157 = 48.428 (RAF - Puller)
    30.885 = 38.528
    33.200 = 48.471 (RAF)
  10. Krumz New Member

I just made 3 new toons, 2 vets (accounts are years old) and one is only 2 weeks old. Same variation of class/race combos as before, except I changed the new accounts class to iksar shm instead of drak paladin. Grouped, ran over and I made all 3 start swinging at "A grove snake". The two vet accounts are now level 1 with 29.9% in, and the new account is at 15%. My oldest account is set as party leader currently. Unless it's a unintentional bug, I'm convinced new accounts get less xp :/

Oh nice I wasn't even aware RAF was still going on. How long do accounts gain the RAF bonus?

Edit: I think you're right! I didn't remember doing RAF, but I dug through my email just for a sanity check and found it from years ago, thank you soooooo much. I can rest easy tonight
  11. Barraind Grumpy Old Bastage

I've seen similar when boxing, though not to that extreme.

I have a Mage and Necro pairing, never existing in a group without the other or with XP from other sources, at 87/85.

My Druid was perpetually ~1 (up to almost 2 full levels) level above my Berserker from 85-105 despite the same circumstances

All accounts created at the same time.
  12. bard007 Augur

Krumz likes this.
  13. Accipiter Old Timer

That was my thought as well. Plus, the puller xp bonus wouldn't be enough to account for a 7-level difference in the 40s.