Past expansions worth doing Progression

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Rubikant, Jan 26, 2021.

1. Rubikant New Member

Hi All,

I was considering returning and progressing through some of the expansions that I missed. I was kind of thinking of starting with CotF and completing progression before moving on.

I don't want to spend a lot of time on expansions that won't ultimately help me to become raid viable eventually so I wanted to get some advice. Is CotF worth doing, or should I skip that? Are earlier expansions worth doing, or should I start at a later expansion?

Thank you!
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

The answer is yes. You will be very limited in your Special "Hero's line of buff" AA if you don't complete some of them. Even as far back as DON there is Power of the Keepers and Stuff in WOS

This link will show what special AA you would get from each expansion and what you need to do. But does not include any of the older expanions

https://everquest.fanra.info/wiki/Hero's_Special_AAs
    OldCa61 likes this.
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

4. Tucoh Augur

You won't gain raid viability from completing progression in old content. They only give modest boosts to character power. You'll get raid viability from AAs, gear in the latest expansion and most importantly sneaking into a raid force. Find out which guilds are recruiting on your server and what classes they need.