New AA / Spells. feedback

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Mazame, Jan 26, 2021.

1. Mazame Augur

I know that New AA and New spells are a limited due to the amount of space to put it simply. but what if we were to provide a list of New used spells / AA lines that we feel would be worth removing to make room for new stuff. I know the class I play have a number of spells that never see the light of day. Would it be worth having some lines removed all together in hopes of seeing new idea come out?
    Wulfhere and Verily Tjark like this.
  2. Zamiam Augur

I dont think spell space is an issue ? they can always add pages to the spell book :p its the AA space thats the problem .. unless you mean like on the spell bar ? however they do have the spell hot bar macro keys up to spell 14 on the spell bar .. so they can at least add 1 more spell gem . after that i dont know what they can do for spell gems ..
  3. KrakenReality Augur

Kinda sad you have to plead for class development.
  4. Hekaton Augur

I think it would have been rad to throw every class a primal spell or ability in the ST raids Would have been a nice callback
  5. Darchon_Xegony Augur

I think every class could give you about 5 spell lines to scrap in favor of new spell lines.

As for AAs I really think they should just scrap a large number of General AA lines and just have those benefits be imparted upon you as you level up.

Innate Spell Resist, Innate Regen, Innate Eminence, Mystical Attuning, Discordant Defiance, Energetic Attunement, Enhanced Reformation, Planar Power... All of these could be removed and just added in as innate level bonuses. That would free up 8 AA slots for every class.
    Skuz, Zynt, Barton and 1 other person like this.
  6. Waring_McMarrin Augur

You could likely say the same for most of the items in the general AA tab.
    Skuz and Barton like this.
  7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Focus AAs take up far to many slots, I think as a wizzy we have something like 26 to give our individual spells more damage. These could have been condensed down to give more room for other AAs, especially when we don't use half the spells.
    Skuz likes this.
  8. Beimeith Lord of the Game

This is not true, and I don't know why people keep saying it.

The reason we didn't get any new AAs the last few years is the previous AA dev spent a LOT of time cleaning up / consolidating the AA system. For CoV we got a new AA dev so he is still learning what's what.

As far as spells go, I have no idea why we didn't get any new spells for several years. It used to be said there wasn't time for new spells on a level increase so new spells came with non-level expansions, but that hasn't been true since EoK as there was nothing new in TBL or CoV.
    Skuz likes this.