Yet another "best 3-4 box thread" for Mage/Bard?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Hexsim, Jan 24, 2021.

1. MageGuy MageGuy

Ignore comments like his. People here think A. They own the boards and B. EQ is real.
  2. Goranothos Augur

So, I keep getting this, on my druid, when casting Blessing of Ro, either casting as an AA macro, or just casting it as a single spell.

[IMG]

Level 106 Druid, just exp mobs. What am I doing wrong?
  3. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Got a fire beetle eye?
    Goranothos, Barton and Zamiam like this.
  4. Vumad Cape Wearer

I think neither. He asked a question, we were actively answering his questions, and instead of continuing asking questions, he started a completely new thread to ask a question on what was essentially the same topic (1: About Mage tank then 2: what to box with his mage tank). Asking for the courtesy of keeping the discussion in a single thread is a reasonable request and is pretty standard forum etiquette. And on top of that, I have actively been answering his questions to the best of my ability in both threads, so I am not some random passer by complaining, I am participating in the attempt to help. There was no reason to start a new thread.
  5. Vumad Cape Wearer

I am not sure why as I don't play druid, start with what bobbybick said. However there should always be a reason why an ability fails given to you in text. Check your chat filters and see if you are getting a notice. I think that one might be in spells -> failures. Even if Bobbybick's answer solves your issue, it is still good to identify the filter, because other abilities/spells will fail and having that filter go to a place it's not lost in spam is a good investment. Sometimes the reason might not be as direct, such as trying to cast a new aura, but if it is a fire beetle eye, then there should be text associated that says you are missing that item. I think when I would cast the spells that needed the fire beetle eye when I tried druid, the failure was in red but there was a blue text that named the missing regent. Numerous classes have these problems, so identifying the filter is a good investment.
  6. Goranothos Augur

Thank you, Sir.
  7. Goranothos Augur

Yep, I most likely missed it in a wall of text distributed over several chat windows, being as unfamiliar with a Druid as some noob missing Malachite would be with a mage. These kinds of things just serve to point out how old the coding of EQ is. But I kind of like it that way.