Instance mob scaling? (Hatchery)

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Hexsim, Jan 26, 2021.

1. Hexsim New Member

I'm a bit confused because everywhere I read it says that instances that scale with level are supposed to scale mobs with the first character that zones in, or the leader, or whatever..

However when I do the Hatchery for example, it just flat out isn't scaling at all after my characters level several times. Even after having completed it a few times, the mobs are remaining the same level (now dark blue and light blue).

It DID scale ONE time, from level 24 mobs to level 44 mobs.. but that was it, hasn't changed since, or before that. Anyone know what the deal is? Am I just missing something here?
  2. phattoni Augur

this zone was nerfed some time ago, possible it no longer scales, i know the exp was drastically reduced.
  3. Soulbanshee Augur

Scaling I think isn't linear, there's going to be a range where you get a level bump (every 5 levels?). It should also cap at the level the content was released for, but 44 is way off from that.

I think I remember a change where the zone will adjust to the max level that zones in, because people were sending in a low level first then just facerolling the low level mobs.
  4. Sindace Elder

As far as I remember, it scales to the first person to zone in. A level 20 would see reds, 25 would see ~evens, etc. Resets every 10 levels. Zone in at 29 and see light blues. Zone in at 30 and see reds. Rinse/repeat. Exp was still fine last I did it, that being said, it was fully halved from what it was.
  5. Mazame Augur

Scaling was changed due to the problems it caused.

mission now scale to a max in the era they were released. So if the mission was released and the cap was 95 the max it scales to is 95 after that it no longer scales.

If it release at level 110 it will scale to 110 but not above.
  6. Zamiam Augur

And what expansion did they put the " hatchery" in ? cant remember
  7. phattoni Augur

im not certain, but i think it was sometime around rof, as for the scaling im not certain, it used to scale every 10 levels, sounds like they changed that if its not scaling for you.

and good to know the exp is ok, i used to use this to powerlevel toons, zone in a level 1 then invite a level 85 ranger and have him ds the mobs down for full exp.

this was a unique mission, it did not scale when a higher level zoned in, rather it stayed the same level it was when the level 1 zoned in first.

the change you mention i think was applied to Heroic Missions, they scale to the highest level in the group, maxing out at that expansions level cap at the time, they used to scale all the way up, i remember doing cotf missions at 105 and getting 105+ level mobs.
  8. bard007 Augur

Alaris.