Master mercenaries should be available for 1 Krono a month

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by •Obss•, Jan 23, 2021.

1. Laronk Augur

Not that I think there needs to be more plat sinks in the game, but platinum enters the game much faster than it's consumed.
  2. Accipiter Old Timer

Did you use WinEQ or EQWin or whatever it was called? Because without that it was pretty painful running more than 2.
  3. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

As much as I dislike mercs, I am in favor of some basic autogranted Merc AAs. Merc AAs are agonizingly slow, and for those people who enjoy using them it's probably time to look at the autogrant option for subscribers.
    Corwyhn Lionheart, Qelil and Skuz like this.
  4. Vumad Cape Wearer

Unfortunately this is only partially true. High play time players or those who run scripts AFK generate large amounts of platinum. Lower playtime players do not. The new armor tiers of T2 and T3 group combined with T1 and T2 raid, if a player progresses linearly, amounts to massive amounts of platinum.

This is a massive drain on low play time players and contributes to them trying to buy Krono to trade for platinum to survive, which attracts people who farm platinum to play on krono or to sell is second market. Unfortunately it's a cyclical problem with no good solution.
    Qelil, Skuz and Xianzu_Monk_Tunare like this.
  5. Nennius Curmudgeon

This is certainly something that ought to be considered IMHO. Can I also add my thanks for the additional ranks of Merc. AA's?
    Qelil, Skuz and I_Love_My_Bandwidth like this.
  6. Laronk Augur

Thats why I don't think the game needs more plat sinks. Cheaters aside though, high playtime players should generate a lot more plat than lower playtime players.

I hate merc AA, the one time you do want to pull out your merc he doesnt have all his aa!
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  7. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

I think that at the time they were too powerful (80-105). Just like how the Apprentice Mercs at the lower levels are more than powerful enough, just balanced by their lack of competency. I think that the original Master Mercs were going to be just as competent as Journeyman Mercs, but have Raid level stats or something like that, as they didn't have ways at that point in time to make them more competent AI wise.

Today however, I think that you could make Master Mercs a thing by having them allow the player to micro manage how they act; for example a Master Healer merc could be told not to cast the Elixir or Promised line, or at least to not count them towards the heal totals.
    They PC doesn't even have to be less than 10 years old.
    I would just suggest spending another $60-$80 and bumping up the memory too.
  8. Tadenea Augur

Also originally Apprentice Mercs casted Rank 1 spells, Journeyman cast rank 2 spells, and Master casted Rank 3 spells
  9. CazRaX Elder

Nope, I ran them raw!
  10. Evye Augur

What about making mercs more programmable?
    If the player could have them work more how we wanted them to opposed to craziness.
    I mean even if there was a simple to allow a a few if/then statements.
    Nennius likes this.
  11. •Obss• Journeyman

This is kind of what I'm thinking too for the purpose of replacing the need to box entirely. Instead of another account running on the same PC you'd have a merc that's more flexible that the current ones.

As for customization I think just being able to change spell/ability lineup under basic scenarios like fighting, fighting LOM, fighting BOSS, etc would be enough.

Evye likes this.
  12. Bigstomp Augur

I like this. Mine was maxed (until we got new aa's) but I would not feel slighted at all if others got those for free.
    Qelil likes this.
  13. kyong Augur

They already added your ezmode request into game. Run overseer and get many extra merc aa a day. FWIW original AA's seemed to move at the speed of merc aas. I'll ponder tonight what else could be watered down and given away.
    code-zero likes this.
  14. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Concern over 'ezmode' in the oldest MMO in the world. Delightful.

While you pontificate your analysis, see to it you conjure yourself a cushion. Argumentative subjugation aside, I would be remiss not to enjoy your sarcastic disappointment and witness your fall trying to ride above the herd.
    Qelil likes this.
  15. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

So much this.

You want that P2W schlitz, go play Wargaming games. Better hurry before they "tank" the business though... (read feedback on World of tanks update 6.0)

My EQ time has recently seen a huge uptick as I'm no longer a Community Contributor there due to blatant P2W shenanigans.
  16. redstingray New Member

Boxing is also pay to win. For real cash you get an extra character and an extra merc, still one person just making yourself much more powerful in game for Cash. Who cares if someone wants to buy the merc only?
    Andarriel and •Obss• like this.
  17. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

You are not only wrong, you are pushing an agenda.

A boxed character doesn't play itself. It requires an understanding of the class, and full class setup with spells, discs, abilities, gear, and leveling. This is not pay to win. This is pay to play. Huge difference, New Member.
    Zamiam, dreadlord and code-zero like this.
  18. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

What about those who use F2P on their box accounts? So boxing is not pay to win. Cause you don't have to pay.
  19. code-zero Augur

Let's be honest, the continual call to use Krono to pay for anything other that 30 days of game time comes from one or two sources.

First being people who played the trading game on TLP servers and accumulated hundreds or thousands of Krono that they will never be able to consume.

Second are people who want to buy cheap Krono at 3rd party sites.

No regular player has any conceivable reason to ask DPG for something to be paid for with Krono.
    Jumbur likes this.
  20. Angahran Augur

Basically these are people who want EQ to be just one more pay-to-win game where if you have sufficient disposable income you can buy your way ahead of anyone else.