Do You Block Merc Healer Spells ?

Discussion in 'Casters' started by OldCa61, Jan 25, 2021.

1. OldCa61 Augur

115 Mage, was wondering if anyone blocks their Merc Healer Spells and if so, which ones ???
    Also, as a Mage do you block any MGB's ???
    I block DMF just because it always messes with my Invis/IVU for whatever reason.
    TIA
  2. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Promised line, because i so frequently died while the merc healers waited for it to trigger.
    OldCa61 likes this.
  3. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Yes, I block heal over time and delayed heal spells on my merc.

Elixir of Transcendence
    Promised Redemption
    Sincere Acquittal

I keep these in my /notes so I know what to toggle on and off.

I'm not sure if you still need to block last level's spells but I have them perma blocked as players don't tend to use them. It's possible the Merc may not mem the old versions and I'm being overly cautious with my merc murdering me.

Elixir of Wuthran
    Promised Remedy
    Merciful Elixir

I hope someone will correct my post if I'm forgetting something mercs will try to murder you with.

I also keep Complete Heal on block buff, but you may not need to at max level any more. My Lyme brain forgets these kinds of updates. That spell was extra murdery when mercs first came around.
    OldCa61 likes this.
  4. Quatr Augur

Oh, sure, you may have died more often, but Complete Heal was so mana efficient! :)
    Andarriel, OldCa61 and Jhenna_BB like this.
  5. RPoo Augur

Chanter - block all the renewals on my pet to not cure tash off
  6. Caemien Elder

How does one block spells for their pets?
  7. Szilent Augur

same way you do for yourself, the /blocks command
  8. Zynt Augur

It's in the drop down menu under "actions" too I believe. Might be under "character," I'm not logged in but it's easy enough to find.
  9. Dropfast Augur

Yea despite what anyone tells you, always block Promised heal, Single target Hot, and group Hot. Those 3 will get you killed real fast. The merc will just sit their waiting for promised heal to proc while watching you slowly die. With ample mana and time to heal to boot. Much the same with hots.

Also be careful when you get a DoT or cure-able debuff on you as they will cast cure / splash over healing anyone. Often when everyone gets hit with a nasty DoT, the merc waits until nearly everyone is dead then FINNALLY starts a group heal. However it is a very long cast time and everyone will be dead before it lands many times. I always cure myself fast so the merc doesn't waste time on that.
    OldCa61 likes this.
  10. Wulfhere Augur

Another reason to block non-instant heals for some classes are the synergistic ("incoming") self buffs. For paladin it's e.g. Confluent Blessing that triggers stun/hate and group healing from other's direct heals. To get the most out of those buffs, you want your healer merc to be mostly or entirely limited to casting single target heals: Remedy, Renewal, *Teenth, Light, etc..
  11. Szilent Augur

just don't get mad when you die out from under real clerics trying to employ these tools to keep you alive?
  12. Conq Augur

I block mercs. And I block those characters that slip into my groups who block my heals.
    Conq
  13. Dropfast Augur

raid clerics have rank 3's. Mercs do not.

and they can be unblocked in extremely rare case i do have a cleric
  14. Conq Augur

Blocking any rank of Promised Redemption blocks all ranks of that spell. I would think it works the same with other spells? Dunno, only thing I ever block are the illusions, and they're not ranked.
    Conq
    Szilent likes this.
  15. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

WTB access to merc spell book.

A level 90 merc should be able to cast temp on a grouped level 10.
    No merc healer should be overwriting a player's HoT and extending trigger times.

At lower levels Caster DPS mercs:
    1) cast AoEs and hit untargeted mobs. (App V merc for instance has no AoE burn setting, so why is it casting these?)
    2) get stuck chaincasting concussion line of spells on mobs that are at 5% health and morale failed or under 10% health where the caster could just kill the mob.

Just give us access to merc spellbook already.

Oh and merc spell hastes also do not overwrite lesser spell hastes <and> merc will still cast lower rank spell haste on a live player with a higher ranked spell haste.
  16. OldCa61 Augur

Should I also Block 'Sincere Elixir' and 'Sincere Light ' ???
    Never even saw these until I Blocked 'Sincere Acquittal'.
    TIA Again, This has been a Lifesaving Thread for Me :)
  17. Caemien Elder

Can you block spells on a merc tank?
  18. minimind The Village Idiot

I don't block merc heals, but I did start getting MUCH better healing overall from mercs when I stopped using Ritual Scarification. They started casting fewer HoTs and more direct heals-- which I prefer! I'd rather my shaman box be used for HoTs.
    OldCa61 likes this.
  19. Szilent Augur

no
  20. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

As a tank I stopped blocking spells like 20 levels ago. Doesn't seem to be necessary or help me at this point.