Guild Halls broken?

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Moak, Jan 23, 2021.

1. Moak The Most High

logged into the guildhall and there are no npcs like bankers and what not. No clicky port statues either or guild anchors.....
    Emalith Elentari, Tour and Barton like this.
  2. Arwyn-RoV Augur

I've filed a petition (#929808) on this issue. Ring of Valor is a large guild on bristlebane. We have over 1800 toons all sharing a very well decorated palatial guild hall, that was until today. Today the GGH building itself, not the plot, lost its association with my guild and evicted everyone. I logged into find the hall completely empty and that only myself and one alt were listed on the guilds manage interface. Also it won't let anyone place anything inside it giving a "Your real estate item request failed" error.

Hopefully we can get a restoration of some kind as there were hundreds of hours spent decorating our Norrathian home.
    Tour, Barton, Celephane and 1 other person like this.
  3. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Did you forget to pay the rent?
  4. Bigstomp Augur

Ouch. Have not logged in today and while I was considering popping in a min to do the overseer thing, I think I'll wait until tomorrow just for caution.
  5. Aanuvane Augur

My guild hall on Povar is fine this morning so this might not be a wide spread issue?
  6. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Nope. Hall has 8405w left in rent payments. The outside of the hall is fine, the inside vanished. Everyone that had anchors got mailed a crate of eviction that said a person that no one has heard of "Owner Server Transfered". Most of the people, the crate has 0 items in it. So when whatever happened, happened... it triggered something bad to happen. Now the guild hall won't even allow new things to be placed.
    Svann2 likes this.
  7. Atlans Lorekeeper

Sorry to hear about the trouble! I know how many hours go into Hall decorating. Hopefully an auto save or created save of the Layout will be able to be used to restore it when they fix the issue. Good Luck.
  8. Fandiien Lorekeeper

So far no real response from DB. They have stated they are excallating the issue.
  9. Arwyn-RoV Augur

Sadly the solution to this presented to me today was to return all the items that are deemed "missing" via the /overflow mechanism and to have us redecorate it ourselves. Very unsatisfactory. Also they are still trying to understand what happened, so the threat of it happening again is there so why spend time decorating under these circumstances?
    Durris and Endiment like this.
  10. Emalith Elentari Journeyman

Hello,
    Yesterday afternoon members of Phoenix Ascended on the Mangler server began messaging me about their anchors appearing on their cursors after trying to use them to portal into the guildhall. When we set the access to allow them to re-place their anchors, they received error messages.
    We attempted to mail back anchors that we saw as placed, which they were saying they had on their cursor, and were getting errors that we did not have permission to do this.
    After seeing the error, we tried to move the anchor for them to see if that would help, but alas, we also did not have access to move placed items anymore.

In an attempt to "reset" the guildhall, we kicked everyone out and allowed the zone to reset itself. When I zoned back in every placed item in the hall was gone. It was not in overflow or stored or in a crate, it was just gone.

We play on a TLP so everyone in our guild is a paying account. Most of our members have at least 1 box account, several having 3-5 boxes. While we may not be 1800 members as the previous guild, we do have at least 80 individual active people behind the characters that this is impacting. We have no portals, no trophys and no anchors. The hours we spent decorating appear to have been lost, not to mention the DBC/plat/money that has gone into decorating.

We have been told to wait until the server resets in the next 1-3 weeks for our guildhall to possibly be restored....possibly... This has been a known bug since at least January of 2021, expecting paying customers to wait at least a week for a resolution on something of this magnitude is a bit much.

Can members of Phoenix Ascended get a refund for the month since we cannot use the amenities available to everyone else that are expected to be available to us as well?
  11. Svann2 The Magnificent

LOL this is why you dont necro threads. My stomach just tied up in knots thinking our guild hall got deleted again.
    klanderso likes this.
  12. Emalith Elentari Journeyman

No, no...sometimes you have to remind people that things still exist. Sorry for the heart attack though!
  13. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

For future reference you may want to start doing /outputfile guildhall to get a complete list of the inventory placed/stored in your guildhall. These text files should be saved to your top level Everquest directory by default. This way you have a record of everything that is in your guild hall.

I do mine about every other month cause not much changes

The reason for this so you can provide them with a list of what went missing
  14. Emalith Elentari Journeyman

Thanks for the tip! I believe one of our officers has an output from within the past couple of weeks.
  15. klanderso Developer

I'm going to go ahead and move this thread to resolved to prevent further heart attacks due to the age of the original thread. If you're still having guild hall problems, feel free to make a new thread :)