What do our descriptors mean

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by CatsPaws, Jan 21, 2021.

1. Jumbur Improved Familiar

If you didn't change anything, then why did the custom title field disappear shortly? (yes, it returned!)

and Im still missing my delete button...

Someone is changing something...:eek:
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  2. Filter Augur

Odd, now I'm an Augur and had been Elder for quite some time. I have over 150 posts, March 2013 date joined, 408 trophy points.

Under badges I'm listed as All Access - NO which is wrong.

Lost projects on the website from previous owners.
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  3. Rasper Helpdesk The Original Helpdesk

I can change mine now, earlier today I could not. /shrug
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  4. Jokskilove Palzerker

Think I got mine as well now! Yay!
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  5. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

I can haz 2?

Yay likes for everybody!
    Jokskilove likes this.
  6. Jokskilove Palzerker

Still don't have the option to upload/attach files, but at least I identify as palzerker now, so it's all good :)
    ALT account and MasterMagnus like this.
  7. Elyssanda Bardbrain

ok, I just did a refresh of the forum, and for my uploaded pic I see the following
    [IMG]
    this I saved to my photobucket account to link the old way..
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  8. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Lost my upload button, but hopefully dreamweaver will set it up, so that we all have consistent user-rights. :)

edit: and also no delete-button.
    ALT account and MasterMagnus like this.
  9. Nennius Curmudgeon

I am sort of surprised that no one has mentioned having the Forum trophies be placeable in game. :)
  10. Wulerdar Gnome Slayer

Wait you can’t ?
  11. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Maybe he means like so?

[IMG]
    Marton, Skuz, Nennius and 1 other person like this.
  12. dreamweaver Community Manager

Yeah, I've put that on my list. The major issue is there are a bunch of overlapping and contradicting permissions from over the years and the underlying system doesn't tell you when there are conflicts or which one is the "master" permissions. So I'm gonna dive into it.
  13. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Not sure if you did anything to the boards, but today I have a hell of a job logging in, started off with invalid credentials, then had capture fails when all I had to do was check the box, did adventually get in. It isn't a problem I usually have when I log in.
    IblisTheMage and Jumbur like this.
  14. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

No, not anything DW did. Started for me the during the patch on Wed and happens almost every time. Usually the second or third try will let me in. Usually invalid creds. Not much capture failing since I don't get those anyway.
  15. dreamweaver Community Manager

Yeah logging in doesn't have anything to do with the forums themselves it's the authentication like logging into the patcher. I will send up a flag about this.
  16. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Have been getting that recaptcha failed thing a bunch of times each day when trying to log into the forums or my account since the patch of the 20th, something to do with the back-end maintenance I presume.
    Barton likes this.
  17. Tatanka Joe Schmo

I registered at a new website yesterday, and they had a new form of bot-check which I would highly recommend.

No picture matching, no pick text out of a fuzzy picture. It displayed an addition equation, perfectly legible, and you just gave the correct sum. Much better than the other two variants.
    Elyssanda and Barton like this.
  18. Barton The Mischievous

But But Math !! lol
    Elyssanda likes this.
  19. Febb Augur

People are going to complain no matter what type of bot check they use. I can already see people about having to do simple math.

"my calculator app is broke, how do you expect me to answer questions like "What is 2 + 3?" I graduated 5th grade 3 times, I don't need this!!!!!!!!!"
    Nennius likes this.
  20. Jumbur Improved Familiar

They could just show the splash-screen from one of the expansions, where you had to type the "shorthand-abbrivation" for the shown expansion. (non-case-sensitive) (like: tov, eok, sof, etc...) or maybe just click the correct name from a precompiled list...

In order to support this, I think they should randomly cycle through those splash screens when you load the game, instead of only showing the newest one. :)
    Tatanka and Elyssanda like this.