Any chance of updated thrown weapons this expansion?

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Ted the Mechanic, Oct 23, 2020.

1. Ted the Mechanic Journeyman

Monks and rogues are still using stat-less throwing weapons from 6 expansions ago. Is it too much to hope for an updated summon throwing weapon clickie? The last 2 that have been implemented either summoned basic daggers from original game, (Darkened Mrylokar's Bracer) or only summoned 1 stack per day and forced you to give up range slot stats, ( Knifemaster's Vest) The gold standard in summoned throwing weapon is still from RoF days, (Belt of Mysterious Daggers) I personally would settle for oldscool fletched thrown weapons, but please put some stats on them equivalent to modern range slot items..
    Justyse, Fenthen, Nennius and 3 others like this.
  2. Ted the Mechanic Journeyman

/sigh No such luck, maybe next year. They include dragon claw sliver with stats from 2001 instead.
    Justyse and Barton like this.
  3. Knifen Augur

I would even be happy with being able to leave my bow or any other range item with good stats in the range slot and be able to throw daggers directly from ammo slot. Loosing all the stats to put a dagger with very basic stats in there is just a downer.
    Justyse likes this.
  4. Poyzen Frawg Augur

Bump - "Go range Piper" ... yeah. ok, let me take my 600K dps off Zland so I can put 5K on the piper. Rogue range DPS is stupid unless you are behind a Blue con humanoid.
  5. Ted the Mechanic Journeyman

Bump for upcoming expansion.
  6. Poyzen Frawg Augur

If you like 5K range DPS you can skip this post. Hit like and get this thread noticed.
    HekkHekkHekk and Fenthen like this.
  7. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I would not expect the status quo to change much, Melees will probably never get decent ranged dps despite casters now doing much better melee dps than they used to - to the point that it's now worth it for them to take the greater risks of being in melee.

I do think it's overdue for a look at throwing damage for the melee classes, it has fallen a long way behind, and while itemisation is one way of addressing that I think it needs more than just that.
    Justyse likes this.
  8. Poyzen Frawg Augur

Crafted throwing weapons are ok.
  9. Justyse Journeyman

EQ has dropped the ball so many times on throwing skill/throwing items over the years that it leaves us with zero faith in their ambition or ability to do a damn thing about it.
    They haven't given us throwing item since VOA era, and how long before that? The pouch from Valdeholm. Not a great track record of them giving a crap.
    How hard could it possibly be to code a range item that uses throwing skill & thrown ammo so that throwers don't have to drop 12k in HP and additional H-stats via bando just to toss a few daggers? Not to mention the lack luster dps from throwing vs archery.
    Yay, throwing is so great :eek: do better EQ. Maybe next year?...again. o_O
  10. zachison Journeyman

the sad part is we keep getting a throwing disc upgrade.
    Snazster likes this.