A unique TLP idea for once.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by WaitingforMoreEQ, Jan 23, 2021.

1. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Standard Phinny Clone TLP with a twist. Inspired by from playing Project Diablo and Path of Exile.

In order to spawn AoC raids players need to turn in a Map to the AoC.

Maps would have different qualities and randomly drop from Rare Spawns and Raid bosses/minis.

Maps would increase the difficulty of raids based on the quality of map turned the mobs with the raid would spawn with a different version of MoTM or added mechanics AEs ect.

Based on the version of the MoTM mobs would drop more loot or upgraded loot. IE in Cloak of flames could drop with 12 AC or 60 HP or 40% haste.

P.S. PVP TLP when?
  2. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

The idea for a variety of raids means a variety of raids would need to be made, that's a whole bunch of dev time, unrealistic concept with almost no chance of happening.

A PvP TLP will happen when a big enough population of PvP players can satisfy the developers there are enough of them to make a server worth creating for them, think numbers in the range of 1,000 to 2,500 (my guess) that will be needed to make that a possibility - having 20 bods show up on zek with a few boxes in tow is not going to cut it.

There has been no indication that enough players interested in EQ PvP even exist any more, not enough to form one decent sized guild even let alone enough to have a server, the "build it & they will come" concept many PvP advocates appear to believe in is simply a complete non-starter, it's as concrete as a fleeting daydream on a sunny afternoon after one too many warm beers.
    Barton likes this.
  3. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Or maybe the Devs can stop wasting time working on live servers that nobody plays on. Also i don't think it would take much more time the original AOCs did because it can be done really basic.
    IE MOTM 33 mobs hit Y harder and have Y AoE ect.

Glad you agree
  4. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Clearly trying to have a serious debate with you was a waste of time, if you are just going to talk complete nonsense & make stupid mis-quotes for your own personal entertainment, have a nice day & try not to eat all the crayons.
    jeskola and Nolrog like this.
  5. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

I will don't let the door hit you on the way out.
  6. jeskola pheerie

I am not sure if your post is serious or a joke/troll attempt.
  7. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

I made a post about a TLP idea. The guy responded by ignoring the first 200 words of my post and responded with a wall of text to a 3 word comment at the bottom of my post.

The guy is a troll who crap posts and derails threads why would i give him a serious response.
  8. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Dropping more loot would just give less reason to raid faster and they don't have the ability to upgrade loot with out a lot of work.
  9. Tweakfour17 Augur

The lack of self awareness is incredible =)
  10. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Guilds that don't do open world aka 95% of the TLP player base don't tend to hit BiS for most of the early expansions, i don't see how this is a problem.

Considering how much money they make from TLPs compared to live it's easily justifiable for them to look at potential good ideas like this.

I'm well aware that the trolls on the forums like yourself don't like me. Thanks for the bump though.
  11. Relentless Insomnia

PVP TLP Plz
  12. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Pot, meet Kettle.

Tweakfour17 likes this.
  13. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

No dude ever single one of those comments besides 1 is on Topic. The one that is off topic was because i was mentioned by name by someone that actually knows me.

You're pretty obsessed with me might wanna seek help doesn't seem healthy to be this obsessed with someone you never met.
  14. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I shall put you on ignore, seems to be what you really want anyway, hopefully the devs feel the same.
  15. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

4 Posts in this thread. 1 Sentence about the topic. Yeah you're totally not here to derail the thread.
  16. NinjutsuMMO Augur

A pvp tlp server is long overdue...

Eq2 staff are discussing a pvp tlp server for this year so that’s kind of cool but no it’s not eq1 pvp...

I think the staff here are too closed minded to give it a try and that ship sailed long ago...
    project 1999 may start a new red 2.0 once their newer servers teal and green have had some time in the spotlight rumour has it...
  17. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I know where all the hundreds of EQ PvP players are....in your imagination.

Good luck on getting a P99 red 2.0
    Barton likes this.
  18. Accipiter Old Timer

I stopped reading there.
    Tweakfour17 likes this.
  19. Barton The Mischievous

Have the Team put it to a vote like they did corpse runs.

I would bet the vote on Another Phini clone verses a PvP TLP would be more one sided than the vote they did on Corpse Run Versus No Corpse Runs turned out. Phini Clone Version 21 would win hands down imo
  20. Tweakfour17 Augur

"If you run into a troll in the morning, you ran into a troll. If you run into trolls all day, you're the troll."
    Skuz likes this.