Which has better synergy?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by lucienne, Jan 22, 2021.

1. lucienne New Member

Definitely thinking I want to use a Druid and Enchanter with a tank. This is boxing on live. Would a paladin or SK have better synergy with these two?

Paladin PROS:
    -Paladin is spamming with those low nukes, but might do ok dps with all the spell procs.
    -NET stacks for paladin and does not for SK.
    -Paladin group healing covers some holes in the druid group healing.

SK PROS:
    -Stacking damage shields.
    -Overall better dps which, I think will be low on both teams.
    -SK group mana taps will help with druid a little bit with their mana issues. As far as I know paladin has none.

Thoughts?
  2. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Your box team would be more powerful with a Magician, using pet tank.

Greater DPS synergy between DRU ENC MAG than DRU ENC SHD/PAL.

If you simply must go with a knight, SK all day. Twice on Sunday.
  3. Vumad Cape Wearer

I box ENC main with CLR and MAG. It is a very good combination. My CLR is from 2005 and has been a raid alternate so I haven't replaced her, but I would definitely suggest the druid. Snares, ports, forage and better synergy. Use CLR merc and DPS with Druid unless you need the DRU to heal, in which can, it can do so very well.

Plate tank will out tank a mage pet, but mage pet is automated from /pet attack, so pick what is most important to you. For me, it's to play my ENC, so I /pet attack and /pause, /cast nukes.

And a very nice thing about boxing a mage is that if you want to swap out mercs for people, as I do, the mage has more use to the group than a second plate tank if one comes along.

So I second the above. ENC, DRU, MAG.
    I_Love_My_Bandwidth likes this.
  4. Vumad Cape Wearer

And to answer your question directly, SK will out DPS PAL on everything except undead, so the synergy becomes irrelevant, plus SK taps are DPS which should benefit from beguiler's synergy while I don't think pally have much to take advantage from ENC, making more total DPS and synergy than NET on a pally. Also harm touch is monster burst DPS for named and the pally's can't keep up on a named burn.

Druid's heal very well in the current game and there wont be any holes in the healing, and if there are, the SK taps will cover the tank while casting a group heal.

Unfortunately Pally's are the lesser of the knights, unless you want to raid, in which case splash cures and ETC are needed.
  5. Tucoh Augur

SK is the better option.
    A mage pet is an inferior tank. There does not exist a good group combination without a plate tank.
    Xyroff-cazic. likes this.
  6. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

You didn't mention the SK's epic. NPT works fine on SKs. SKs spam more nukes/dots than Pallies any day of the week. I'm not sure you understand what a SK brings to the table. Stacking damage shields is about 20th on the list of things SKs bring to a group.

SKs solo stuff without a healer while using a 2h.

You need to gear it and get aas. But really, there's just no substitute for a SK in a group. If you have a SK, you can pretty much play what you want in the other spots. It's all good.