Plane of Smoke: Trial of Wending Ways: Achievements Bugged

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Lodestar, Jan 23, 2021.

1. Lodestar The Undefeated

Our team on Selo today just did this mission and the achievements ("Don't Trip", and "Appointments Required"). Firstly, we successfully went through the entire mission, doing all rooms in order, however we did not receive the related achievement. This is a very straightforward one that should work, however it didn't. We followed the order based on the highest number of portals set to a particular elemental type, and no one was kicked from any rooms. This needs to be fixed.

Secondly, as for "Don't Trip", on multiple occasions we went through a portal jump and received the text "Fire blazes from the arena floor as someone falls through". The person would land on the ground in the correct spot, and would instantly be ported to the entrance and given that text. This also needs to be fixed. Alternatively, if these achievements can't be fixed, can they be removed? If particular achievements can't be designed and consistently implemented, then they shouldn't be implemented. Appreciate any insight or updates here!
  2. Svann2 The Magnificent

been buggy since day 1
  3. Lodestar The Undefeated

So remove the achievements if they can't be implemented with polish?
    Duder likes this.
  4. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I've never seen "Appointments Required" fail, "Don't Trip" has lots of fail issues, the one your discribing is the double bounce, you land and then bounce again, which causes the fail. A lot of the fails for this has been put down to lag.
  5. Lodestar The Undefeated

Zero lag on my end; with less than a 90ms ping and overclocked setup with no fps or hz lag. It also happened to multiple people in the group including myself, so perhaps server-side lag issues if any. I'm not looking forward to repeating this multiple times and fighting the bugginess, so hoping for some dev follow-up
  6. Svann2 The Magnificent

Yea its not your lag its server lag.
    I suspect its the fact that they have different servers doing different things and they dont always sync up with each other very well.
  7. Sirene_Fippy Okayest Bard

Don't Trip has always been pretty bad, the best thing to do is stagger walking onto the pads. I was able to do it most reliably when boxing by myself (i.e. one character goes through the portal at a time). If you have a real group and everyone jumps on the pads at the same time, it seems to bug out frequently.