Accounts problem

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by ArtleyHare, Jan 23, 2021.

1. ArtleyHare New Member

Good morning.

First up, I think this is an issue with the files on my desktop pc, not DB, as I do not have the same problem when I use my laptop. I was able to log in, without issue, yesterday. Second up, I know this will be tl;dr for a lot of you but please bear with me.

I have three gold accounts, let's call them 1, 2 3 (full of imagination, me!)

I choose to log into 1. The launchpad does its usual, I click on play. It goes through to the server select screen, I click on play everquest and it tells me that I already have a character logged in on that account. I don't. I have re-started my pc and checked my laptop. This account is not logged in. I choose to log that character out and then when it gets to the character select screen, it is 2's characters, not 1's.

So I go to the launcher again to choose 1 and it gives me 'play' (though several times, it says that account is already playing). Then again at the server select screen, it tells me I already have a character logged in. I again choose to kick the character off and it disconnects 2 and at the character select screen, it is 2's characters again.

I go back to the launcher and choose account 2 and it gives me the play button, even though the account is logged in. I press play, it goes through to server select and, quite rightly, tells me that account is already logged in.

Account 3 logs in correctly. I have done the validate files part.

Any suggestions to where, in the files, to look?

Thanks
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Laptops are the devil;)

People say this is impossible since it should make no difference how many copies you run on just one icon but for my computer I have to have 2 icons for EQ. The first one for some reason will only allow one account to log in but the other icon allows numerous accounts. It's just odd but try putting another copy of EQ on desktop and use 2 icons. To do this I just downloaded the second copy from the main site.
  3. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

When I boxed on live I had 6 separate installations of EQ each with their own icon on the desktop spread across 2 SSD & 1HDD, I had tried running them all from 1 or 2 installations but ran into persistent lag problems doing that.
  4. ArtleyHare New Member

That worked, thank you so much.
    CatsPaws likes this.
  5. Aanuvane Augur

I started encountering something very similar just after this month's patch. I am selecting one account from the list I have saved on this computer, but it's not actually changing over to that account. I find that I have to wait until I see the "right" amount of DB cash and THEN click play. It seems to fix itself if I'm patient, but I don't know why it's getting that disconnect between what you see and what it's "really" pointing to as far as the account you're trying to log in.