Need help with a petition that seems to be stuck in limbo

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by mewkus, Aug 8, 2020.

1. mewkus Augur

Greeting. I submitted a petition/error report (#852108) back in May. The GM that responded said that they didn't have the tools to correct the issue that that I would need to submit a bugreport to bring it to the attention of one of the developers.

It has been more than three months and I've not heard anything back regarding this. Can someone from Daybreak please look into this and please provide some feedback to me to let me know when I can expect to get this problem resolved. Or if there's something further that I need to do to get some attention to this, please let me know.

This problem has caused my character's progression to be stuck and I feel as if she's just been treading water for the past three months.
  2. Qbert Gallifreyan

There is a bug report section of the forums; this isn't it. This section of the forums if for players to attempt to help other players. If you define what the perceived problem is (here or in the bug forum, as appropriate), you might get some assistance. As it stands, you haven't said what the issue is so no one can help you.
    Skuz likes this.
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

We, the players, frequently assist other players with resolutions to many problems in the game. Sometime the GM's are not aware of a fix we have discovered.

Players here recently helped another solve a POP flagging problem that the GM said was unfixable. I am not bashing the GM's in any way shape or form, its just sometimes we know stuff.

If you would like to run it past the player's here then we might be able to point you to a work around. Or we might not, if that's the case then you could report it in the "Bug Forum"
    Yinla, svann and Skuz like this.
  4. mewkus Augur

As a pre-requisite to the Artisan's Prize quest, I need to complete Eron's Jewelry quest. Eron's quest has seven parts to it. I have gone through and gotten the seventh earring, but the final step in the third quest ("Food for the injured") requires, "Show Eron your progress on the Jewelry." As I was doing the quest, I either missed that step or it failed to mark as completed. Nonetheless, I have already upgraded the jewelry to the 4th, then 5th, and so on up to the 7th earring.

I no longer have the 3rd earring to show him (as it's been upgraded to the 7th already). He wont give he the quest again (to restart it) since I've already done them.

I attempted to petition the issue, and was told that the GM's would need some sort of tool or mod from the developers in order to rectify the situation.

If anyone knows a solution or a workaround, I sure would appreciate it.
  5. GNOME_POWER Augur

Rondor likes this.
  6. Rondor Augur

To be clear, the above patch notes from July 6, 2016 mean that you may delete your current version of the earring, and then Eron will let you start way back at the beginning of the quest, having to do all steps again starting from the first earring.

I have not done this to confirm that deletion will work. Player Cideral confirms that this deletion method works at least as of September 14 2020, in this thread:

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...whistle-counting-shadows-cant-advance.270203/

7. Moege Augur

July. August, September, October, November

OP could have restarted the quest and being long done with it. Not like the fix was hidden, it was in the patch notes. Not fun restarting tradeskill quests /shrug
  8. Asdenyl Arsdenyl

Earlier today I completed Eron's first quest, "Not so simple jewelry". I had not done this or any of the Eron's series of quests previously on this character. He gave me the "Eron's Simple Jewelry" and I waited a couple minutes before hailing to get the second task. However he never gave the task, he just kept trying the give jewelry task. Based on this thread, I deleted the jewelry and tried to get the first task again. I had a merc up at first and Eron wouldn't give me the task. Once I dropped the merc, he gave me task #1.
    I_Love_My_Bandwidth likes this.