Threat value on clickies

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Aneuren, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Accipiter Old Timer

LOL. I like yours btw.
    MasterMagnus, Machen and Bobbybick like this.
  2. Relentless Insomnia

Some of you have really juvenile forum titles.
  3. Machen New Member

If the Alla hate numbers are correct, you can get about a 20% increase in total hate and a ~35% reduction in endurance by cycling berate and provoke instead of just hitting berate on cooldown. Not quite 50% and 50% but part of the way there.
  4. Machen New Member

It takes the fun out of it if you get to choose your own title. I was hoping Dreamweaver was secretly handing them out to people.
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  5. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

That is some classic Bobbybick right there, one of my favs so far.
  6. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

I didn't inhale until everyone else was doing it.
    Machen and Skuz like this.
  7. Wulfhere Augur

This is prevented by Timer 9 sharing. Warrior cannot stack these abilities until they get Bazu Bellow (Timer 8) at level 69.

Warrior's ability to generate hate in Classic (thru OoW) is (overly) limited by design to the detriment of the class. The Devs could easily improve warrior hate simply by removing Provoke (level 22) from Timer 9. This would be on par with certain low level paladin stuns (Cease, Desist, Holy Might, Force) not being bound to a timer.
  8. Machen New Member

That used to be true, but right now you can land both provoke and berate in either order and they both stick. Not sure when this changed.
  9. Chaosflux Augur

Changed when they adjusted hate over time stacking a year or so ago? Maybe longer, Paladin abilities also stack now that didnt (beacon/lodestar)

Took alot of forum warrioring to get that fixed by the community.
    Wulfhere likes this.
  10. Wulfhere Augur

I mean that one warrior cannot cast two of them in the same 30s interval because they are on Timer 9.
  11. Machen New Member

The duration is 60 seconds on both. You can cast one, then cast the other 30 seconds later. Both will land and both will give the per tick hate. The resulting hate is more than just casting berate every 30 seconds.

Edit to add--using bellow instead of provoke will give even more hate, but is almost as much endurace as chain casting berate. Still, alternating bellow and berate every other 30 seconds is FAR superior to just hitting berate every 30 seconds.
    Wulfhere likes this.
  12. Wulfhere Augur

Yes that's true (now). Sorry I was focusing on the 30s interval use-case because well 30s is a long time to wait before taking such an action. I remember how sweet it was to get Bazu Bellow and finally have another option.
  13. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Bold is why Devs should ignore people like you.
  14. Chaosflux Augur

But why u no bold Holy Might Waiting for Aggro
  15. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Because it's a classic spell. Cease+Desist are Luclin spells and Force is 52 for Pallies so not till Kunark.
  16. Chaosflux Augur

As a true connousier of classic shouldnt you be arguing for the removal of Provoke entirely and fixing the debuff aggro limit that makes Clinging Darkness and Flash of Light not generate hate like they did in Classic era?
  17. Lejaun Augur

Not entirely true. The term nerfed in this context was used previously in Ultima Online, and at least as early as 1992 in another game.
    Wulfhere and Barton like this.
  18. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

?????
  19. Chaosflux Augur

Mainly a a jab how it seems like you dont have a problem with provoke being in the game but god forbid they add a couple more abilities

That particular part you quoted, they limited debuff hate, flash, flame lick, and CD still produce more hate than most things at low levels, but its not nearly the level it was before the debuff aggro cap they put in during Omens, and then later it was messed with sometime around TSS/TBS then HOT.

They also massively changed witness hate, maybe we should scale that back to classic levels make healing (potentially) dangerous again. Infact for a long time it was broken entirely.

How classic do you want to be?
    Skuz likes this.
  20. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

????? Nowhere did i say i want the game to be like Classic. It's just really weird for the guy to use Luclin Paladin spells as a reasoning why warriors need more agro in Classic.

Also if you could point me to these "debuff agro changes"