CoV: ToV - Aaryonar

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Braveheart, Jan 21, 2021.

1. Braveheart Augur

WTH happen to this mission. It is instant death now... Is there a fix coming or is this the new mission? AoE is hitting no matter where you are and it's dropping our whole group to delay death and or dead. Note our group is full CoV T3 Crafted & Max AA.
    Barton and Fenthen like this.
  2. Tren Journeyman

Same here. Full CoV T3 max aa group, and where I could beat the missions before, now I can't even get Aary off the ground and get to Grollik. At one time I had 3 Dot's on me, Revoking Breath, Intruders Curse and Roar of Sleet, which seems to be new or I don't remember it from before. All 3 together ticking for 300k, plus the stun keeping healers from healing. Before the patch, we had the Revoking breath maybe once in that first 40 percent to get him off the ground, this time it hit 3 times before the wipe on 3 attempts. I looked at the patch notes and was hoping for a better experience, not a worse one.
  3. Qimble Augur

Gave it a go last night and had a similar experience. The timing of the AoEs seems to have changed and can happen multiple times. (with our DPS we used to only get it once right before the end of the mission) This is made worse by the fact that at least in our experience the timing between orbs spawning / pathing into the big room and the auras despawning appears to have been dramatically shortened. Never had an issue getting the orbs done previously, now they spawn while the boss is up + you've got less time to get them handled.

I'm hoping there's just a mechanic we're missing that will make this mission easier.
  4. Braveheart Augur

Have you had the turtle shell drop on you and lock you from fighting?
  5. Petalonyx Augur

I got turtled and wiped four times last night, mainly due to turtling/silence/incapacitation. I noticed the AOE, but didn't consider it over the top.

I think I got silenced for 10-15s a few times in same run and even made it through that, but when it was AOE, adds, aura traps, silence, turtle shutdowns, banish all together, it felt pretty hard.

Overall, seems to have been up-tuned, but I didn't spend much time in the mission pre-patch and haven't spent enough time post-patch to say it's too difficult.
  6. Duder Augur

Don't go in the auras and you wont the the repercussions.

It is actually easier now than it was before the patch.
    Sarcogian and Jennre like this.
  7. Braveheart Augur

I'm not in the auras. Have been winning this no issues before. Seems the auras are hitting the entire area right now. You can't hide from them.
  8. Duder Augur

Have not personally seen this yet
  9. Jennre Band Leader

You are touching an aura if you are getting the turtle shell. I have done this mission a few times since the patch. The only time I got the effects was when touching an aura. Try rooting the orbs and guardian in the hallway if the tank is having trouble offtanking them.
    Duder likes this.
  10. Evye Augur

My pug raiding group last night was very close to finishing max echo.
    It seems much more doable now. We needed 1 more run for an adjustment
    but we ran out of time.
  11. Fenthen aka Rath

We were running this with a raid geared group last night and finally beat it on the 5th try. We could get Aaryonar down to 18-30% from DoT ticks by the time his life stopped going down, but when he came down to the ground he insta-regenned to 60%. Bummer.

That said, the AEs are pretty devastating. Our group was wiping in a 4-second window until we had everyone spread completely out. Sometimes the auras mobs were rootable, sometimes not.

In some ways the mission feels a lot harder than it used to be. Still taking 180k AE hits. I have no idea how group-geared players are supposed to run this. I was on my bard so had no control over healing, but just noticed that I am doing great on surviving, and then I'm instantly down to 20-30% life in one wave of hits, and then before a heal comes out I'm dead.

Maybe we were doing it wrong. Or maybe this could be looked at again.
  12. Scornfire The Nimbus Prince

The DoTs are definitely worse than they were before on the whole, to the point I don't see how someone without raid gear could reasonably be expected to survive having 2 on at the same time
    Barton likes this.
  13. Liin Edud (Tunare) Augur

We did this last night and won. Fully group geared not max AA for half the group.

Shaman healer (me) and we pulled one person along that had never set foot in the zone before.

Some aspects certainly seem easier but it was a little more chaos than in previous runs before the patch. That might have just been the mix of classes that we had with us. If something is rooted don't send your pet at it ---grrrrr

It seems like you need to be approaching 400k hps (certainly 350k+) and a live healer to stand a chance in there.

We did have Grolik port the tank to down the hall with the adds last night on our 1st try. Had never seen that before.
  14. Knifen Augur

Grolik didnt do that, that person stepped in the purple aura at some point, then when it triggered its effect it banishes them now down the hallway a bit. If going for Max Echo need to clear the entrance way so on banish you dont catch aggro.

Echos always seem to go in the same trigger order with about 10 sec spacing, Earth, Shadow, Ice, Fire

When you get the emote of "Your hear a distant roar", Auras pop, get in them and out.

Then watch for "causing a shudder to pass" in about 10 sec Earth Trap Triggers,
    Then watch for "echoes of the earth" about 10 sec later shadow gets banished.
    Then watch for "echoes of shadow", 10 sec later the ice teather kicks in
    Then Watch for "echoes of the ice pull" 10 sec later Fire triggers,
    Bigstomp and Svann2 like this.
  15. Knifen Augur

Armor of Experience or Dragon Glyph, is good to use once you hit Echo 4 just to make sure you can handle the dmg as it comes if not ready. Remember only 4 people need to do it, each of the 4 need reaching rank 5 in a different aura. Once 4 people have rank 5 at the same time the ach is locked in, as far as I know you can even die after that and still get the ach. Doesnt say you have to win with rank 5 just reach it.
  16. Maedhros High King

Entire group died but me and the necro and we were able to finish it out. You sure you know how to play a paladin? :p
    I didn't have a problem surviving AE's with my stamina augs. How did those dex augs work for ya? :)
  17. Duder Augur

Just did this and the full hero set with a fully group geared, not max aa, little progression but well played pally tank.. (Shaman healer)

Sounds like yer burning Aaryonar on engage, there is no reason to do that. If anything save burns for Grolik or the final phase of Aaryonar. Don't go in auras. The orbs and guardian are always rootable, make sure to give them a debuff first. If you have no rooter have one person drag the orbs into an aura but not go into the aura themselves. Aggro the orbs and skirt around an aura so they're gonna path through the aura getting to you, be prepared for the dmg repercussion from the orb exploding. If you have no rooter then be prepared to tank and probably kill the guardian. It sounds like you are doing just about everything wrong, don't spread out, stay stacked up, don't get stunned by Grolik's aura, have the tank pull Grolik back to the group, after Grolik is dead have the tank pull Aaryonar back to the group. It sounds like your group was panicking rather than working mechanics. If you do what you're supposed to you actually need zero burns for this. We do big burns for the Zlandicar mission move to Aaryonar mission, no burns for Aaryonar, move to Cobalt Scar, burns are back up for Crusaders, move to Vulak mission and use whatever you got when it comes up throughout the mission.
    Fenthen likes this.
  18. Vaeeldar Augur

that’s the port aura tank must have run through it (sky is it? can’t think of name but the one that ports you). Nice thing is it’s not as bad as a port spot now.
  19. Rylak Elder

I'm guessing you might be confusing the Zonewide AE Roar DoT for an aura effect. These come on a timed interval 20 seconds after the auras light up, so is easy to think one is because of the other. It isn't.

[Fri Jan 22 11:41:49 2021] You hear a distant roar and feel the heat of intense flames.
    - 20 seconds later - big DoT hits. 3 ticks I think? have the healing boosted. and geomantra runes. You get this first text trigger happening 1:55 into the event, and then on a 3:05 timer after that.

Like Duder said, the mechanics are quite straight forward and defined once you have the understanding and timing down. The changes made with the reduction of the orbs from 4 to 2 is quite significant, as is not having to deal with Aaryonar and Grolik together at the end anymore.

Scornfire does point out the one remaining issue, though. It is not totally uncommon to get Intruder's Curse and one of the Roar variants at the same time. This can be quite rough if you don't have the timing down, and might be the one thing I would consider overtuned at this point as the current Roar is a raid level DoT in a group event. Perhaps squash this a little like they did Intruder's curse or just put them on completely separate timers that can't overlap and you have a really nice mission.
  20. Liin Edud (Tunare) Augur

Must have just been a fluke that the tank got caught in it. Done this one dozens of times and never had anyone get ported, thought it was something new that happened after the patch.