Pet Toys

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Goranothos, Dec 18, 2020.

1. Goranothos Augur

So I've returned after a several year absence (105 mage/shaman dinged up to 106 on both immediately on logging in for the first time in several years) and was wondering if anything has changed re: pet toys? I am assuming, as a mage with an EM earring, all I need to hand my mage pet is weapons. Is this still correct?

As for the shammy 106 pet, he /cons at level 98 (I like how the game tells you the actual level of the mob you are conning now), so I can assume he will equip the mage's pet toys from the 106 spells. Correct?

In the past, IIRC, pets always equipped armor based solely on AC, ignoring other stats. Is this still the case?

Lastly, is there now a way to inspect a pet's inventory? I know that's been on pet classes wish list since, oh, 1999. ;-)
  2. Cicelee Augur

Pets will equip summoned weapons, one ring, one earring, and one... neck I think? When you summon the focus jewelry items and see the container left to right, the last three items they will equip.

They also will squip any tradeable armor and weapons, including merc gear.

You cannot inspect the inventory of a pet. That has never changed and probably never will.
    OldCa61 and Goranothos like this.
  3. Goranothos Augur

Ah, so I do still need to give my mage pet the jewelry items (minus the bracelets).

Didn't know that about the merc gear. Thanks.
    OldCa61 likes this.
  4. Cicelee Augur

Need is a strong word. I don't think you need to per se, however it does add some small value.

For a long time I never gave tbem jewelry and did fine. When I solo I give them jewelry just because I can. I don't know how much benefit it provides, but every little bit probably adds up to something tangible
    Goranothos likes this.
  5. OldCa61 Augur

They will equip Dimensional Gear also, and It's usually pretty cheap.
    I can 100% tell the difference.
    Never tried Merc Gear, but I have tonight off, so :)
    /wave Goranothos You Old Dro PM :)
    IblisTheMage and Goranothos like this.
  6. Goranothos Augur

Yep, I was born a baby mage on D-Ro in 2001. Grew up in Gens Antiquus. Did we play together? PM me if you want. Would love to know if anyone I knew back in the day still plays.
    OldCa61 likes this.
  7. RPoo Augur

merc gear works really well and i have absolutely no facts to back this claim up so please just take my word for it lol
    OldCa61 and Goranothos like this.
  8. OldCa61 Augur

I use Defender's Merc Gear and Dimensional Gear. Both are cheap and I can definitely tell the difference.
    I tried assassin's merc gear and my pet rejects it.
    I just use highest lvl summoned swords.
    Happy New Year my friend !!!
    Ricman
    Goranothos likes this.
  9. Fistix New Member

Has anything changed with pet toys? I haven’t played magician (115) in awhile, but I am unable to give my pet any weapons. I try handing them to the pet and trade box will not open.
  10. Warpeace Augur

Check that "click through Pets" is not checked in settings.
    Goranothos likes this.
  11. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Funny enough, I had just opened this sub-forum to post with questions about pet gear. Found everything I needed in the thread, thanks all!

I did have one follow-up: My mage is on a 3rd account which is not subbed at the moment. Can pets use the Dimensional armor, since it's PRESTIGE? The other part of the question, for the merc gear, will any level of the gear be used by the mage pet (intricate, elegant, extrav, etc)? I have a TON of Marks of Valor just sitting around, but the highest you can get for that currency is the Intricate merc gear.

In my case, it's a 111 Mage with EM18 earring, not sure if that makes a difference for my merc gear question.

Thanks!
    OldCa61 likes this.
  12. Fistix New Member

That was the problem. Thanks.
  13. OlavSkullcrusher Augur

Do the pets get the full benefit of all stats on that Dimensional Gear? I definitely would expect that to make a difference then.

New question: Is it better to equip the highest summoned weapon that they will take, or the highest one where the proc will work? I'd suspect that the increased ratio on the higher level weapon would make more difference than the proc, but I'm not sure.
  14. Szilent Augur

none of the above. high level summoned swords have like 100 more hp on them than the lower, that's the primary benefit