Some Velium Threaded items are now flagged "lore equipped"

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Apos, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Elsewhen New Member

May want to look at the t2 groupgear, not lore and can equip 2.
    Earring of dripping slime item# 45958 (ear)
    Sesamoid of Foulfang item# 41888 (ring)

Probably the other rings/earrings also.
  2. Flatchy Court Jester

Amazing for once I was not bit in the rump by something like this. Well at least be glad they dont take all the gear made from ores that were not supposed to drop in that manner.

Would it have killed you to make an ore drop from every named though? Some people Dont kill zlandicar over and over for the sure thing and charge 500k for loot rights.
  3. Kase Augur

OK I get it was an oversite to not warn us... but make up for it somehow...the drop rate is changed to very low chances of drops now!
  4. Kase Augur

5. cbxvbcfgh Journeyman

So it would have broken your fingers to do a copy/paste and let there be nerf and prenerf items? Or pop in a npc that'll exchange ot for its core? Do you have any idea how long it took me to get that gd earring? Solo druid I would literally have 16 hour gaps in between drops that ya need what 21 to 30 of depending on your goals? And that was before ya nerfed it by a factor of 4? I mean really did ya even think needing the same drop for every single item was going to be fun in the first place?
    Coagagin and Kase like this.
  6. Froglok Augur

Many folks have a valid point. Players 100% deserve a refund brick and raw materials and vendor items lost for due this change. An oops on the part of Devs should never ever mean a penalty and punishment to players.

Many folks farmed for bricks and mats and spent coin to make new gear. Many chose to make two of the same items since they were not lore equipped and they had the better stats.

The solution is to do the right thing and advertise to such players that they can petition for a refund of the brick, the raw materials and the vendor items that were expended to make the now lore-equipped item (combine failures aside).
    Coagagin, Corwyhn Lionheart and Kase like this.
  7. Cicelee Augur

I understand I am in the minority. I will say that by the time you get a response from a dev and/or received an ore in your inventory...

You could have obtained another ore and made another item.

Yes. It is a bummer. But it is not game changing and character threatening. Devs made a mistake. It happens. The expansion is supposed to last for 11 months, not 11 days. I wish you luck on the crusade and pitchfork shouting to get one or two ores placed in your inventory as compensation for the oops. I just personally think the time invested on complaining could instead be spent in game obtaining and with far better results than Forum Quest.
  8. cbxvbcfgh Journeyman

The expansion may be supposed to last 12 months but the reality is no one wants to spend an entire year hunting for the same drop over and over.
  9. Darkerknight Lorekeeper

Some of use have a LOT of time invested in trying to farm ores. I've been killing WW for 12+ hours a day for over two weeks and still need more. So while I understand the drop rate was higher than it's supposed to be and has been reduced, which is fine, it seems rather ridiculous for us to have to redo items just because the Dev's overlooked something and couldn't take 30 seconds to post about it on the forums. Add in the fact that there was no indication at any point during the last 5 weeks that this was an error that would be corrected and it's even more cause to at least give players their materials back. And quite frankly, with as much money as I pay on 6 accounts for monthly subs and collectors edition expansions, it don't think it's a stretch for them to spend 15 minutes correcting the issue.

Again, if it was a mistake and was supposed to be lore, that's fine, but either give people adequate heads up OR fix the mistake and provide an option for players to get the materials back. I shouldn't have to spend Cthulu knows how many hours after the patch to recreate an item when the entire situation could have been avoided by a 30 second forum post or 15 minutes of developer work.
    Corwyhn Lionheart, Tegila and Kase like this.
  10. Cicelee Augur

If it is going to take a player 12 months to obtain one additional ore, there is a far more pressing issue for the player than a developer mistake...
  11. cbxvbcfgh Journeyman

you are the one that brought up the cores or as ya worded it "expansion" should take a year. But yeah obviously we aren't talking a year for the 1 core
  12. Cicelee Augur

And yet you literally said no one wants to spend an entire year hunting for the same item over and over. What kind of implication do you expect the reader to come to?

Or are you just way over exaggerating the situation and spending this Saturday in WW on your server is going to produce far greater results than FQ hyperbole?
  13. cbxvbcfgh Journeyman

well you do realize your entire concept of the expansion lasting a year judging from your post is based upon the idea that you can need anywhere from 21 to 30 or 40 (if your crazy enough to max luck) of the same item and as you said it should take you 11 months not 11 days to complete it.

You're the one that brought it back to the concept of the ores being the entire expansion. I understand your a strangely pissy assuming by the game middle aged dude but dont cry when people discuss crap you brought up. Or is it just that you only even posted in this thread to troll those posting in it and get a rise as if its still 1999, your 15 and on the old flames and rants boards...
  14. Cicelee Augur

El. Oh. El.

Wrong on all accounts but whatever. If only you had this much passion in the game, you might have gotten an ore by now and moved on with life. I never said anyone should be spending 11 months getting an ore. But you do have 11 months to complete the expansion, with one of the tasks being another ore to make another non visible. You said no one wants to spend 11 months farming ores. I agree. That would be boring. But it is one extra ore you have to get now. One.

But whatever. Go ahead and respond to this. Spend more time on FQ than in EQ. Let me know how that new ore works out for you via FQ
  15. Bazuker New Member

Is it even an issue at all ?
    Chase ring from FF and Rallos Zek earring are still better than threaded velium jewelry.
    That leaves just 1 earring and 1 ring to make from bricks.
    I didn't even notice that T3 jewelry was not Lore before this thread.
  16. Metanis Bad Company

Disappointments like this are why I never start a new expansion when it launches. Although I've helped some guildies with missions I've yet to actually research and begin my progression journey in CoV. From what I've been reading I'll probably wait until after the Feb patch now too. Maybe by then most of the surprise "oversights" will be corrected. Then I can play the expansion like it should have been released.
    Zamiam and MasterMagnus like this.
  17. Kase Augur

This isn't true. I will use myself as example. Expansion rolls out started gathering ores for all 4 of my toons. Took little more then 2 weeks or so, which I felt was a decent drop rate on the ores. I'm not complaining about the change to drop rate because I get that, it wasn't intended to be so high and I won't lose sleep over that change. But when I finally get done with those long days of camping close to 100 ores... this happens. Again I'm not complaining about a mistake being made by not advising us before hand BUT, if I had known previously, I would have switched (in my case) 4 rings for 4 toons, or farmed a few extra ores.
    Move on to today, after update... camped WW for over 6 hours now and zero ores drops. I have a strong feeling this is going to take a very very long time just to replace 4 ores for 4 toons.
    I guess I have a hard time seeing the comparison between keep farming to replace them( put effort into doing that) as you mentioned VS, taking 5 minutes to write this post I just did, or any of us just did.
    There is nothing wrong with people posting their frustrations with this issue... we pay for a service and it was taken away. (albeit thru a mistake, no hard feelings to the one who made it). Somehow this should be fixed, if thats even possible at all.
    Coagagin and Darkerknight like this.
  18. nitrocutter Journeyman

Why don't you all who are complaining go trade your 1 adroitness earring and ring for someone's 1 vigor earring and ring. Make it a fair trade 1 for 1. Then you don't need to worry about trying to petition for materials you'll never get from developers.
  19. Zamiam Augur

of course your not complaining about drop rate , you've got most of your ore's already when the drop rate was 4% for your 4 toons .. but yet you kinda are complaining about the 4 you need to farm now with the new .5% drop rate ..

I still need like 80+ ores for my 4 toons that have not started CoV yet heck maybe I shouldnt even bother with T3 armor and either just stick with T2 CoV or maybe just bypass this expansion altogether and wait till next year ?

the Devs could of just dropped the drop rate in half and made it 2% from basepop and added them to rare and to chests .. but no lets drop it to like almost NILL chance . I mean lets be serious the casual player isnt going to be round robbing the Zlando mission to get ore drops and most casuals cant kill Rare named even with a 2box unless they have a tank ..

In my opinion they dropped the drop rate to far for me to care .. maybe the error i keep having on purchasing the CoV expansion is trying to tell me something like not to buy it .. Ive got plenty to do in ToV and past expansions to keep me busy ..
  20. Kase Augur

I wish good luck to you if you do decide to go for the gear and get your ores... and yes like so many have said there was alot of hard work to get them even at mistaken drop rate so just getting 4 replacements is a task. But I will deal with it.
    And hate to break it to you but per ... Fixed Internally - Restless Ore dropping from trash | Page 3 | EverQuest Forums (daybreakgames.com) , it's .25 not .5 % . Dev post on about 3rd page.
    Coagagin likes this.