New player w/ question on spells/reagents

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Nerdus Antiquus, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Nerdus Antiquus New Member

I'm new to EQ and created a magician. I tried to cast the spell for my elemental pet and it did not materialize. Only after much internet searching did I discover I needed "malachite". I probably missed the in-game information that tells casters which gems/reagents they need for their spells but for the life of me I cannot find it. Even when I hold down right-click on the spell (e.g. elementalkin:fire), while it does give me some detailed information, it does not say I need "malachite" to cast it. Is there an in-game UI source I am missing that lets the caster know what gems/reagents are needed with spells? Thanks in advance, any help would be appreciated.
  2. Grove Augur

I do not know where it is written, but
    Magicians - Malachite
    Necromancers (and Shadow Knights?) - Bone chip
    Enchanter - Tiny dagger
    Beastlord - none
    Shaman - none
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

4. Ebine Augur

Should give you a text and say fail to cast because you are missing XXXXX item.
    I know it does for all enchanter spells when I am making stuff. I am pretty
    sure my mage that I had said you are missing malachite.
    Tatanka and Barton like this.
  5. Barton The Mischievous

Yep you should get a message in text, a lot of information is still given via text in EQ

checked on Mage "you are missing some required components"
    "you are missing Malachite

checking on a druid using Wake of Karana. " you are missing some required components"
    "you are missing Opal"

So it seems the messages are working currently
  6. Nerdus Antiquus New Member

[/quote]

Thank you kindly for your response. As a new player the early elementalkin spells don't list gems in the description, which confused me. Here are a couple of examples without gem mentions. This is the right-click hold on spell description, if there's another in-game spell description method with fuller descriptions of these spells with gem mentions please let me know. Here are a couple of examples: Images of the Level 2 & 3 Elementalkin: Fire & Water spells that do not mention gems or what you need. Thanks
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  7. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Right, not everything is going to be in the game nor is information going to be right there all the time - for example originally quests had no steps to show you what to do in the quest journal so we had to figure them out step by step and then we would post on other sites the different walk thru to help each other.

That is why I posted a link to alla. You can go there, look up your spells for class or level and see what you need - for the level 4 pet spell I can see that a malachite is needed.

Other spells require a reagent but do not consume it when you cast
  8. Nerdus Antiquus New Member

Thank you for all your help.