Trophy request

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Hogwilld, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Hogwilld Elder

Can we get a quest to turn in our completed tradesmen trophies and change them to an AA?

Switching out trophies with plot items is annoying.
  2. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

The devs have stated they are out of room on the AA tree (some internal limitation). Hence why there have been some consolidations lately, and pretty much no new aa lines in the last two expansions.

Implementing this would seem to mean taking away 9-12 more aa lines per character. While every character class could probably lose 9-12 lines and not notice ... getting those classes to agree on those lines would be quite a feat. Not to mention that you've taken away the easiest way for classes to gain more aas for nothing new gained.

In the era of big bags where few main toons are sporting less than 36 slot bags in each slot, I have not understood why people still use the trophy system for tradeskill trophies. Just keep them in your bags. The slots you "lose" is easily outweighed by the ease at which you can switch between any of the tradeskill bonuses. Besides, some of the best memories in EQ are fighting with tradeskill trophies equipped.

So ... no thanks. I'd rather have real aas in my aas, and not duplicates of something I easily do without.
    Tegila and Yinla like this.
  3. nitrocutter Journeyman

Cragzop you're obviously not a heavy tradeskiller. I do not have 7 open slots for my trophies. Also it is MUCH easier to have 4-5 tradeskill modifiers while my stats go up by holding my primary, secondary, and range items. I don't have to remember to trade out one trophy for another and I still get the modified tradeskill bonus.
  4. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Outside of making AAs, you could consider making 15% tradeskill mods on some more item, or better yet convert augments we already have into augments with these modifiers on them.

I think one clear path would be to have an opportunity to convert your Extra Planar Potential Shards into Tailor's Planar Shard with 35 Purity and 15% Tailoring Mod.

Most people use 6-8 purity augs which would cover most (if not all) of your tradeskill modifiers. This would be a relatively low effort way to provide fixed modifiers that you don't have to swap in and out that many players have access to since they have been dropping since EOK. It would only need to be about 11 combines and 11 items created where you just combine an Extra Planar Potential Shard + 7/7 Trophy and it returns the 35 Purity + 15% Mod aug and your Trophy back.

This could be done several ways. It could be targeted at anyone with 300+ skill and a 7/7 trophy and be no fail or a high trivial. It could also be targeted at those who went the extra mile and got 350/350 in the skill by throwing a minimum 350 skill to combine it in the first place. You could even add a 3rd expensive component to the combine as a platinum sink. Or you could even make some rare drop be a 3rd component and as a result the augment would gain the tradeskill modifier and an additional bonus could be the ability to be removed by a normal augment distiller.

The Purity aug scene has been pretty straight forward for all of EQ's life. TBM had currencypurity augs 5-20, SoD/UF had dropped purity augs 5-25, SoF had a quest chain for a single removable 25 Purity aug, HoT had currency purity augs 5-25, VoA+ expansions have dropped 25 Purity augs. RoF had a single rare 30 Purity from Chapterhouse. CoTF had an achievement for a single removable 30 Purity aug. TDS had a single rare 30 Purity from Brother Island. EoK+ had dropped rare 35 Purity augs.

Outside of those 2 quest obtained ones, they were just sort of "farm a lot of mobs and you will see one". So adding a different way to enhance your purity aug slot would be cool.
    Kaenneth likes this.
  5. Barraind Grumpy Old Bastage

Or you cull the glyph aa lines and turn them into items.
    Or the old progression AA lines that are just "hey, you or you and your pet arent going to get dunked on by a zonewide effect we made to require you to get this progression aa" and turn those into an evolving purity augment (probably the single most wasted augment space imaginable and could use with some sprucing up) or something.
  6. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

I can guarantee you are no more a heavy tradeskiller than I.

And I can still only use one tradeskill container interface at a time. Which means when I move to a new container, I pick up one item in a certain place in my bags and exchange it with the old.

And if you don't have 7 slots for your trophies, you need better organizational skills. It's okay. We've all been or are there. Tradeskilling is messy, but taking 10 minutes to organize a little and plan can save you big time.

In a perfect world, maybe ... sure. But with actual resource (and time) limitations in EQ, I'd rather it be spent fixing an issue like ... lag maybe? 5th try on Bard quicktime issues?
    Aanuvane and Coagagin like this.
  7. Rembdar Apprentice

I'd settle for a trophy bandolier.
  8. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

You can already use Trophies in a bandolier. two bandolier slots would cover swapping up to 8 trophy combos.

What I would like to see, is simply being able to trade in the completed PoR trophies for an "augment" version. I dunno.. like slot 666 whatever the next available type is.

Then have a single TS "master" trophy, with 9 type whatever slots.
    That gives a spot for the main 7 (Baking, Smithing, Brewing, Fletching, Research, Tailoring, Jewelcraft) Then enough slots for Tinkering, Poison Craft, and Alchemy. The reason for 9, being a gnome rogue, which can have the most Trade Skills on a single character.

I also agree on more TS % mod items. There just should be more than there are. Adding the above gives more weight to actually completing the PoR ones, but sometimes you just want to slack on your 5th toon....
    Tweakfour17 and Barton like this.
  9. Phancy Elder

All we need is another trophy tab on the Tribute window.
    Winnowyl likes this.
  10. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Would need to be 10, you forgot research.
  11. Nightops Augur

You are obviously a new to EQ; If you were to get 7 open slots, you would fill them before you could take a breath. 7 slots for trophies are not your problem. If you are really in need of space, make a free account and make a tradeskill mule. If you already 2 box, just make an extra toon as your mule. It's not hard.

On the other hand, I would love to see the tradeskill trophies function like keys on the keyring.
    Kaenneth likes this.
  12. Tutankamen Augur

The easiest thing to do would be to convert each trophy into an aug which could fit into a special item that goes in the Ammo slot. Could still keep the physical trophies for if you want them, but this would make it unnecessary to carry the 7 actual things.
    Winnowyl, Tweakfour17 and Angahran like this.
  13. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Isn't there an upper limit to how many aug-slots an item can have?
  14. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

I definitely included research, even typed it out there. What I didn't include was "Fishing" which really doesn't matter in the scheme of things and doesn't have a PoR trophy.
  15. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

The most I've seen is 4 slots (5 if you count ornamentation). Not sure if there's an upper limit. Even then, it would reduce the number of items from 7 to 2, or 9 to 3. Really, the 3rd item wouldn't be needed in that case. You'd be able to equip 2 "auged" trophies to cover 8 skills, and just keep the base item for the 3rd. It still frees up a bunch of inventory/bank slots.

I'm still carrying around a stinky firebeetle eye that's old enough to drink.....
  16. Coagagin Guild house cat

Consolidating TS trophies like luck items or using the crystalized luck mechanic could be worth pursuing, yeah. That would be a feature worth looking at for the next expac.

- Coag
    Angahran likes this.
  17. Smokezz The Bane Crew

ToV TS earring has 6 aug slots.
  18. Lubianx Augur

Why not make a new "Trophy Tab" like mounts and illusions.

This would allow an extra trophy benefit and you could put the tradeskill trophies there.
    All you would have to do is switch out the "stat" one between your t/skill trophies and whichever other one you would use there.

I understand that is an additional benefit, not having to spend tribute for a trophy, but possibly something to look at for next expansion.
  19. Tatanka Joe Schmo

You missed Pottery. It's 10.

There are 12 tradeskills, fishing has no trophy, so that's 11. No char can have Alchemy, Poisonmaking, and Tinkering. So, 10.
  20. Zamiam Augur

why couldnt they add another Tier/rank to the already TS AA lines for each TS baking, brewing, tailoring etc and the final Tier would cost you like 200 or 500 aa's and it would give you a permanent invisible inventory slot maybe next to the amo slot or under the legs slot or even under the ammo slot that would give you the benefit as if you were actually equipping the TS trophy ?

The AA line is already there so they wouldnt have to add anymore new AA's just expand the ones that are there ..
    I TS but Im in no way a professional TSer .. I dabble