Guess the Rin War haters won.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Thrawnseg, Jan 20, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thrawnseg Augur

Grats on your 1 loot per NPC now.

At least they waited until Velious was almost over.
  2. Ebine Augur

What exactly did they do you don't like. Looks like they moved all the drops to the end of the raid. That way people can bid on them when the event is over. I remember when we were at that point everyone had to pre bid on all items in case they dropped.
  3. Thrawnseg Augur

From the day the ring war came out until this patch, you were able to get multiples of each reward. It worked this way on every TLP until today. Now you get 1 of each. The reward isn't worth tihe time anymore for something like this if you aren't getting the ring.
  4. birdsong_pawn Augur

Please, let it go. This was obviously an exploit. Some unintended things take longer than others to find and fix. Do you really think the quest was supposed to include a mini-game at the end where you hand in and drop stuff as fast as possible for more loots? :p
    Duder, WeezFv, MasterMagnus and 4 others like this.
  5. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

6. birdsong_pawn Augur

Then don't do it. The original spirit of the event is that one person gets the ring, and the other stuff is incentive for people to come help.
  7. Ebine Augur

I don't remember anyone liking the ring war on TLP. I remember the people that wanted it had to spend DKP in order for the guild to run it. It was hard to get people to go to the thing. I am not sure how they worked it. Did it drop loot and then drop again at the end? Maybe they will have more loot at the end. It only says they drop it once at the end doesn't say how much they drop. So it will be interesting to see how it works out.
  8. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

[IMG]
  9. Jontrann Augur

Lol imagine actually doing the ring war in 2021.
  10. Sebbunw New Member

I think my main issue with them is the fact that they took the time to fix this issue.

Could have spent it making TLPs more fun with fixing Epic Spawns, crappy Key Camps etc.. rather than the wasted effort they spent here.

But yes, please keep patting yourselves on the shoulders for wasting dev time on such a useless fix. Yay!
  11. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Fix was totally necessary, but keep piling up the victim-salt.

Those other things need fixing too but please spare us the whataboutism.
  12. Sebbunw New Member

Why did it need fixing?

Waste. Of. Time.

Also: "victim-salt" - Please, my guild got all the items from this we need already. This change doesn't do anything to us at all. Which goes back to the above.
  13. Febb Augur

Rin War?

Do you mean Ren and Stimpy War?

[IMG]
    MasterMagnus and Sebbunw like this.
  14. Aegir Augur

It's the same dude that wanted the devs to fix Cat Channels!
  15. Jontrann Augur

Back in my day it took us months to get a piece of loot and years to get an epic weapon, TLP's have made yall soft.
    Duder, birdsong_pawn and Pikachuuu like this.
  16. Bullsnooze Augur

It's really funny when this type of argument comes out of the woodwork with statements like,

" Who is it hurting? "
    " What happened in your life? "
    " How did this ruin your game? "
    " I'm not bothering anyone? "
    " I'm 72 boxing on Aradune in an instance? "
    " I'm automating 24/7 in a zone no one goes to? "

Blah blah blah...

The problem with this stance is that it's harmful to the spirit of the game. When exploits are abused the game is damaged because it leaves a lot of people with a sour taste in their mouth - it's bad business. The problem here is that there is a small, but vocal minority that couldn't care if this game succeeds or fails, but wants to monetize or obtain items in the easiest way possible. That said, studies show that exploits, cheats, or undesirable actions of players are detrimental to the entirety of the game and goes as far as severely cutting into revenue.

So in short, this exploit may indeed be harmless on the surface, but so is a bump on your skin until you get it checked out and find that it's more than just a bump.
  17. Sebbunw New Member

Ouch. That truly hurt.
  18. Darkrok42 Apprentice

Well said, and glad they finally got around to closing off the exploit.
    Duder, birdsong_pawn and Pikachuuu like this.
  19. ikarinokamii Elder

its been more than ten years and they waste dev time on something like this. There are so many other things they could have been doing. let's not fix class imbalance, or game breaking bugs, or introduce new Qol features, like ldon raids giving points or wins, no lets "fix" an event that is more than 15 years old. LOL
  20. Sebbunw New Member

I personally feel like there are plenty of other valid concerns with TLPs that need to be addressed and that a few freebie items in a Ring War should have been near last on the list.

Do I care that they fixed this bug? No.

Do I care that they fixed this over other complaints on TLP? Yes.

So, I do tend to get annoyed seeing people validate this bug fix (or to be frank, trolling the threads), when there are plenty of QoL things that would really benefit future TLPs long term get ignored.

If I never had to read another complaint about X key spawn or X epic, and they were fixing this type of issue, I'd totally be "Great job!". As is, I wonder why they have the resources to fix this, but not the other dozen complaints they receive every expansion launch.

As far as lost revenue call out. How many people do you think quit over getting a Ring War item? How many do they think quit because they spent hours camping epics, or key quests in early expansions? If you think more people quit over Ring War items, then I'm not sure there's much of a conversation to be had.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.