Fixed Auto combine regularly stops working

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Angahran, Jan 19, 2021.

1. Angahran Augur

Is it a feature of the auto combine function that it randomly stops working and you have to press 'Combine' again ?

If not, can we please get this fixed ?
    Yaell, Jhinx, Andarriel and 1 other person like this.
  2. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

It's the zone lag .. .which has been said a hundred times this issue is brought up.

Either do tradeskills in an empty-ish zone, like guild halls, random neighborhoods, or old home towns, or be prepared to have to watch the button. Tradeskilling in PoK (or for busy guilds, their guild halls) is always going to have this issue. A group zoning into these zones can cause the button to pop due to the lag.

Have you honestly not done tradeskills until now?
  3. Tallie Elder

Well, in his defense it auto stops in the guildhall too, albeit not as often
  4. Angahran Augur

And it's still an issue that needs to be resolved.

I'm currently in my guildhall.
    What is the point of having an 'auto-combine' feature if you have to watch it like a hawk ?

I've been doing tradeskills since before memorized recipes, the new tradeskill interface or autocombines were even dreamed of.

I don't see what that has to do with the issue.
    Fenthen and Andarriel like this.
  5. Vaeeldar Augur

Lot of issues caused by existing lag. This one in particular probably won't solve them faster than the others. Solution right now is don't do trade skills in pok (which is annoying) or you do have to watch it unfortunately.
    Nennius likes this.
  6. Kase Augur

Wasn't this done to stop afk botters from TS? IDk I may be wrong
  7. Nennius Curmudgeon

Having had this issue on numerous occasions, (thank you maxed Artisan's Prize) I wish there could be some kind of code that was more accepting of lag bursts when doing tradeskills. I am not a coder and I have no clue how to do that, but it would be helpful.
  8. Vaeeldar Augur

It’s literally the lag you can quantify the difference in POK vs an empty zone.
    Fenthen likes this.
  9. Svann2 The Magnificent

Might be able to do it the old fashioned way. Download Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard center then make a repeating macro that just clicks the combine key then /autoinventory, over and over. I think thats how many did it before there was autocombine.
  10. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

The only place i can do without it stopping is in my neighborhood which is basically empty but me. Sometimes it just stops in other zones randomly sometimes after one combine or goes for awhile and stops but it put stuff on your cursor and you have to put it in your inventory to restart. Just annoying been like this for a long time be nice if it actually worked in normal zones.

Andarriel
    Svann2 and Fenthen like this.