Fixed Internally FV Lag again

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Warpeace, Dec 27, 2020.

1. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Like weird its like im online but everything is super long tells trying to put up trader ect.

Andarriel
  2. Kolani Augur

It takes me ten minutes from server select to character select, and when I get there it tells me it can't communicate with server and sends me back to server select.
  3. Stageguy Lorekeeper

lagged, locked up, booted and cannot get back in... again.
    Andarriel likes this.
  4. Sameolesameole New Member

all boxes offline now, fix our server FV please, it had not worked correctly since the beginning of COV beta bs
    FubarEQ, Hateseeker and Andarriel like this.
  5. Shootss New Member

i know EQ is free to play but for those of us who PAY for it why cant u all fix this lag its so bad atm its booting people and u all arent doing anything. once it kicks us out of the game we cant get back in so why are we paying for something we can not play?
    Hateseeker and Andarriel like this.
  6. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

yea its pretty lame :(

Andarriel
    Skandallo and Hateseeker like this.
  7. Sameolesameole New Member

Finally got back in game, not like anyone noticed or cares besides the players
    Andarriel likes this.
  8. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

yea same here yay!

Andarriel
  9. Fenthen aka Rath

At some point they'll hire new hamsters, right? Or literally a fresh-out-of-college IT guy who knows how database maintenance works? Maybe stop with the America OnLine budget datacenter connections?
  10. Jhinx Whimsical Chinchilla

Lag is getting increasingly bad as of late. I echo the sentiments of those above.
  11. Shamatize New Member

whelp new patch day and servers are crashing again , and ther's an emergency patch. And yet everyone is amazed, we well know an 8 hr patch results in a 6 hr emergency patch to fix the issues that were fixed in the patch. and then there are another 2-3 days of hotfixes. Yet nothing is being done about the tell lag, or extended zone times, and rubberbanding of mobs, due to server issues. It's not like the technology hasn't changed in the last 20 yrs or anything .. oh wait...When will this be addressed/fixed? which I thought was the point of the server merges .. to allow more server blades to be available to make the environment more stable? When as a paying customer do we get reimbursed for those issues? Yes, I will hold my breath.
  12. zerkarinoh New Member

I took a few months off before/after CoV and came back and can't help but notice the....delay...in...everything. Found this thread and see that it is "confirmed" but no word on if it is being worked on, fixed, or what? Also saw in another thread people having to buy a VPN to get stuff to work right?

Um, what?

What the heck happened while I was away???
    Fenthen likes this.
  13. Hateseeker Augur

it's near continuous. It even happens late at night when less people are on. Be assured that there are far more complaints in game than here, for whatever reason. I guess it's just at that level where it affects gameplay and is easily noticed and reduces quality of gameplay, but not enough to drive people out of the game.
  14. Warpeace Augur

Will there be an update pertaining to server lag?
    Barton likes this.
  15. Sameolesameole New Member

A lag spike of about 3 minutes just hit FV, lots of wipes. Come on and fix FV server, and you OWE us some bonus xp this is getting annoying
  16. Slasher Augur

That was every server
    Thunderkiks likes this.
  17. Warpeace Augur

Several zones just crashed on FV or at least disconnected everyone from game! Ty for your attention to this matter:(
  18. Hateseeker Augur

server's been half paralyzed for 30 minutes now. We've had similar lag spikes multiple times per day since November.
    Fenthen likes this.
  19. Shootss New Member

u all need to fix this most of us are paying for something we cant play no reason this should be going on for this damn long
    Fenthen and Hateseeker like this.
  20. Warpeace Augur

So if a fix pending? Lag is horrible on our raids tonight.

If its not consider offering transfers:mad:
    Fenthen likes this.